April Fool's Day

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

One I'd like to play (even though we're technically on the 2nd now) is one I've also done before...............

Participate in Spring forward a day early (in other words have all the clocks set up before I go to bed here shortly, so that everyone else in the house will wake up paniced that they overslept).

However there are minor difficulties. My computer is the only one I can get on (the others are locked), so I couldn't change the time on the computers........and I can't get into my friend's parent's bedroom now w/o waking them up no matter how quiet I try to be...........so their clock would still be the same..........and it just doesn't work too well with Spring forward.............

Now fall back is fun. I was staying w/ a pastor's family while my mom was outta town...........we got sooooo excited about fall back that we did it twice (anyway that's the story the pastor told at church when we finally got to church).............he and his wife had set all the clocks back and gone to bed............a few hours after they were in bed us kids set the clocks back again............we missed one however...........the pastor's wife's watch. So she managed to tell her husband (who was paying attention to the other clocks thinking he hand an extra hour) that they were late.

Too bad we can't have an October Fool's day too just so I can have a good reason to pull that prank on ppl.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I set up a little prank on Friday...plastic wrap over the shampoo bottle so when someone tried to squeeze it, it just would not come out! :D

(Come on, Doc, wasn't it kinda funny? Gotcha, didn't I! =D> )
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

My cousin is a teacher and he played a joke on his students. It was when he walked into the classroom he would say to one of his girls if one of there pens were leaking cause it looked like pen was on there nose. They took him seriously. They then figured out that it was a joke. I would not like if someone would do that to me.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I realize this is a bit late but here is mine fom last year and I didn't even have to lie.

My family and I were flying from PDX to Frankfurt via Lufthansa for spring break. It was April 2 and everyone was trying to get to Germany. So the airline offered us each a $400 cash or $800 flight voucher, hotel room, food vouchers, and rental car if needed if we would agree to be bumpted totheir next flight (on april 3). Of course we said yes. who wouldn't when you are being paid to go on vacation.
Anyway my grandparents had dropped us off thenleft with our van. We hadto call them to bring it back so we would have a vehicle for the next day. Right before we called I realized that I hadn't pulled an April fools joke the day before and if I told this story everyone would think i was making it up as a day late joke. What a perfect plot...tofool someone into thinking you are fooling them. It worked. I told my grandpa what happened and he wouldn't believe me. I had to tell him 3 time that I wasn't pulling an april fools jokeon him. Finally my mom convinced him that yes I was telling the truth and thatno we really werent leaving for germany that day. I was also able to pull it on my best friend and fooled her dad into thinkingi was calling from the plane to get her to cometo the phone faster. tee hee. THat was the most fun i ever had plaing an april fools joke. hope this made sense and that you allfound it funny too
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Do you live in/around Portland JesusFreak777? :)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yeah, do you? I live about ten minutes away from it.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Vancouver WA and no it is nowhere near vancouver bc
corney yet true way to remember
vancouver not b.c. washington not d.c.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Vancouver WA and no it is nowhere near vancouver bc
corney yet true way to remember
vancouver not b.c. washington not d.c.
Haha that's a good way to remember it. Vancouver, WA is an extension of the Portland metro area no matter where the state line is. :) Another weird one is Ontario, CA... there's a city in California named Ontario and a province in Canada by the same name. When I see Ontario, CA I have to make sure I know which one it's referring to. :-s
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Vancouver, WA is an extension of the Portland metro area no matter where the state line is.
hmph. we are not. we are our own city...at least we like to think so :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Vancouver, WA is an extension of the Portland metro area no matter where the state line is.
hmph. we are not. we are our own city...at least we like to think so :D
Of course you're your own city. That doesn't remove you from the Portland metro area. :lol:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

:P
(This would be JF attempting to stick her tongue out at Chandler but being unable to find the emocon) in a friendly way of course
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:p

It's a lower case p not an upper case here on this board. :shame:
I say that in all friendliness. ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

oh thank you
lets try this again
:p
ok there we go