[ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: StrongNChrist
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 pm 
Former Mayor x1

Cash: 421.66
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Peachey Keen wrote:
I forgot to mention that SNC died only 2 hours away from me, in New Mexico. That really hit me.

For me it's the age.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm 
Pink forever!
Pink forever!
I love springtime!

Cash: 121.08
I looked at the funeral website thingy, where they showed a picture of her, and she was really pretty.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 pm 
Former Mayor x1

Cash: 421.66
Very pretty if you ask me.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Cash: 520.24
Bank: 2,352.96
Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:
I forgot to mention that SNC died only 2 hours away from me, in New Mexico. That really hit me.

For me it's the age.

Age hits me too...not the same age thing, but she was a few years younger...and I can't help but think of how wrong that seems--that someone who hadn't even reached her 20th birthday would die while I'm still alive...she was headed for big things and would probably already be there if she'd graduated college...

Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Very pretty if you ask me.

Pretty...and just herself. Not hiding behind a layer of makeup--just being who God made her to be, which is what everyone loved her for. Kind of inspiring to know that.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:35 am 
A Beautiful Gem
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
minichef wrote:
I looked at the funeral website thingy, where they showed a picture of her, and she was really pretty.

I agree.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:26 pm 
Quiet Strength
is Kaida's friend.

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 19,745.17
I made some more signatures in her name you all can use.

Code:
[img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/38/85/77/lisa_s11.png[/img]

^The Bible verse reference is Acts 1:7.

Code:
[img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/38/85/77/strong10.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/38/85/77/strong11.png[/img]

Oh, and I think it is actually the 24th when she died, right?

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 705.76
Bank: 53,459.96
I’m copying the obituary here because it’s a wonderful tribute and should still be accessible in the event the site removes it.

With a life that was far too short yet one that left such an impact on others, Lisa Jean Hammitt, age 19, went home to be with her Lord and Savior on March 25, 2011. The youngest of six children, Lisa was born November 22, 1991 to Teresa and David Hammitt. She was a student at UNM-Valencia Campus and it was her desire to one day become a missionary nurse. She had just started working at Belen Meadows as a nurse’s aide and she enjoyed being able to work with the residents. Lisa loved children and continually talked about her plans to adopt and foster hurting children. She also loved writing and even had a book published through a writing contest. She enjoyed communicating with others through on-line forums and formed many friendships where she was known for her compassion and encouragement. Lisa was preceded in death by her father, David Hammitt and her grandparents Ruby Hammitt, James Hammitt, Mable Mankin, and Francis Parker. Lisa is survived by her mother, Teresa Hammitt; her sisters, Christin Edds and her husband Kelly, Anne Lambson and her husband Kevin, and Katie Hammitt; her brothers Daniel Hammitt and David Hammitt Jr., her grandfather Wendell Mankin, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews as well as many friends. Lisa will be remembered for her smile, her humor, her love of people, and her love for God. A viewing for Lisa will be held on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm at Abundant Life Christian Center, 105 Avenida Del Fuego in Rio Communities, followed by a funeral service at 3:00 PM. Arrangements are being handled by the caring professionals at the Noblin Funeral Service Belen Chapel, 418 W Reinken Ave., where an online guest register is available at http://www.noblinfuneralservice.com

Viewing
Saturday April 2, 2011, 2:00PM at Abundant Life Christian Center

Funeral Service
Saturday April 2, 2011, 3:00PM at Abundant Life Christian Center

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:05 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Where have all the homeschool kids gone?

Cash: 235.76
Wow. It makes me happy that she gets to see her dad again, and all of her grandparents.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:41 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
~In loving memory SnC~

Cash: 301.91
Bank: 31.32
snubs wrote:
I made some more signatures in her name you all can use.

Code:
[img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/38/85/77/lisa_s11.png[/img]

^The Bible verse reference is Acts 1:7.

Code:
[img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/38/85/77/strong10.png[/img]

Code:
[img]http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/15/38/85/77/strong11.png[/img]

Oh, and I think it is actually the 24th when she died, right?

Those are great snubs. (:

SnC.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:21 pm 
Miss Independent
Miss Independent
What is our life? A play of passion. And what our mirth but music of division? .... -Sir Walter Raleigh

Cash: 0.81
Those are beautiful, snubs. Thanks for designing them. :)

When I posted here last time, I was mainly just shocked. I wasn't really feeling the loss that others were describing, because honestly, I didn't know SNC that well. But as I've had more time to think about it, I realize that I really do miss her. I didn't correspond with her personally, but I realize now just how much I appreciated her posts around the forum. Her posts were meaningful, well written, and often funny too. I think it says a lot about her that even those of us who didn't know her that well still feel the loss. She definitely had a great impact here, and she will be missed.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 pm 
Hi-ho!

Highscores: 1

Cash: 137.32
Blog: View Blog (5)
I was just digging through the Inventor's Corner, and I happened to find this poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother.

StrongNChrist wrote:
She was sweet, she was kind. She always had a smile. She was beautiful, she was joyful. Life always seemed bright around her. Even during hard times, with many medical problems upon her, she always had a smile and she always could laugh. She was my grandmother and I loved her.

Now she's gone, she's gone home to Jesus. I miss her but I know she's happy. She's with her children that died young. She's with people she loved. But best of all, she's with Jesus.

She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home."

Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:56 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

EMBEE wrote:
I was just digging through the Inventor's Corner, and I happened to find this poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother.

StrongNChrist wrote:
She was sweet, she was kind. She always had a smile. She was beautiful, she was joyful. Life always seemed bright around her. Even during hard times, with many medical problems upon her, she always had a smile and she always could laugh. She was my grandmother and I loved her.

Now she's gone, she's gone home to Jesus. I miss her but I know she's happy. She's with her children that died young. She's with people she loved. But best of all, she's with Jesus.

She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home."

Wow, that made me a bit teary-eyed. Thanks for digging that up, it's a good reminder to us where Lisa is now, what she believed, who she was...and that poem could have been written about herself as much as her grandmother. As hard as it was losing her (and other family members) at the time, I'm glad she finally gets to see a number of people who preceded her in her arrival to heaven.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:25 am 
Why am I even here?

Cash: 220.87
2nd time I have seen a board member held in high esteem to die in a car wreck. :(

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 am 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 705.76
Bank: 53,459.96
For everyone who is still distressed about this, I want you to know I am praying for you all.
It saddens me to see you in pain when I am not.
I don’t mean to sound callous, I mean this in the deepest respect and sincerity, but I am not sad about this anymore at all, I am truly joyful.
I can recognize the sadness of the situation, with her being so young and all, but I have lost every twinge of grief about the event itself.
God has graciously gifted me with the ability to realize how infinitely better off Strong now is, and it has given me indescribable comfort and peace.
I pray God will grant each of you a share in the acceptance I have found.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:11 am 
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian
"Allons-y!"

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 2,000.00
bookworm wrote:
For everyone who is still distressed about this, I want you to know I am praying for you all.
It saddens me to see you in pain when I am not.
I don’t mean to sound callous, I mean this in the deepest respect and sincerity, but I am not sad about this anymore at all, I am truly joyful.
I can recognize the sadness of the situation, with her being so young and all, but I have lost every twinge of grief about the event itself.
God has graciously gifted me with the ability to realize how infinitely better off Strong now is, and it has given me indescribable comfort and peace.
I pray God will grant each of you a share in the acceptance I have found.

bookworm, I agree with this a thousand times over. I've been doing a lot of praying, and it grieves me to see how the rest of you are doing. But I'm rejoicing! Heaven is better that we could ever imagine, and I'm so thankful that she is in paradise. My heart simply soars every time I think about it. We will see her in Heaven. And there will NEVER be a parting.

Isn't that amazing?

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
AT WAR WITH THE TOO

Cash: 87.34
Bank: 624.15
SoccerLOTR wrote:
Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:

For me it's the age.

Age hits me too...not the same age thing, but she was a few years younger...and I can't help but think of how wrong that seems--that someone who hadn't even reached her 20th birthday would die while I'm still alive...she was headed for big things and would probably already be there if she'd graduated college...

Obviously, God had other plans for her. Or at least, he worked his plan around her death, for his greater good. But really you say "It sucks that she didn't even get to experience life for 20 years", but really, you should envy her. God brought her home to the land of ETERNAL life before you even got the chance! I always look at death as "Hmm, well I wouldn't mind dying so much myself, but I know it would hurt my family more than me".
If you think about it, It does hurt them a whole lot more, and a whole lot longer than it hurts you. We'll all miss her, but, we can all be happy for her at the same time, celebrating that she is indeed in a better place. Any mourning, if you really widdle it down, is simply for ourselves, not her.
I'm not saying it's wrong at all to be crying over the death of a close friend, but I think we just need to realize, that we don't need to be sad for them, only for ourselves, and their family.

Sorry, I may be totally screwing up the emotion here.

"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm 
The Council isn't corrupt

Cash: 1,098.73
There is an aspect you two may be forgetting. We may very well not reach there for another 60-100 years (yes I know that sounds selfish, but it's true). I can not identify the primary reason it hurts so much for me, but I suspect this is one of them.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 pm 
Hi-ho!

Highscores: 1

Cash: 137.32
Blog: View Blog (5)
Tonight my small group in the youth we prayed for Lisa and Gilbert's families. It was good to talk about it with people who I trust.

The thing that really gets me is the fact that I never really got to know her. We had a lot in common. Because I didn't try to know her, I missed out on having a good friend. And now it's too late...

Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Jesus_Minime wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
Regis Blackbeard wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:

For me it's the age.

Obviously, God had other plans for her. Or at least, he worked his plan around her death, for his greater good. But really you say "It sucks that she didn't even get to experience life for 20 years", but really, you should envy her. God brought her home to the land of ETERNAL life before you even got the chance! I always look at death as "Hmm, well I wouldn't mind dying so much myself, but I know it would hurt my family more than me".
If you think about it, It does hurt them a whole lot more, and a whole lot longer than it hurts you. We'll all miss her, but, we can all be happy for her at the same time, celebrating that she is indeed in a better place. Any mourning, if you really widdle it down, is simply for ourselves, not her.
I'm not saying it's wrong at all to be crying over the death of a close friend, but I think we just need to realize, that we don't need to be sad for them, only for ourselves, and their family.

Sorry, I may be totally screwing up the emotion here.

When I was talking about how much she could have done, I wasn't so much referring to her, actually...I'm referring to the world and how many people I can imagine her reaching through not just her personality and character, but through what she wanted to do with her life. How many missionary nurses do we have? How many people willing to adopt kids do we have? The world (and selfishly, I) are missing out on so much without her here. I'm with 31899 and Embee here. I know she's exactly where it is ultimately infinitely better than here. But I'm sad for the world missing out on knowing her, for me and the rest of the ToOers who miss her and wish they could have gotten to know her better, and for her family/close friends who have lost a huge part of their lives.
31899 wrote:
There is an aspect you two may be forgetting. We may very well not reach there for another 60-100 years (yes I know that sounds selfish, but it's true). I can not identify the primary reason it hurts so much for me, but I suspect this is one of them.

and
EMBEE wrote:
Tonight my small group in the youth we prayed for Lisa and Gilbert's families. It was good to talk about it with people who I trust.

The thing that really gets me is the fact that I never really got to know her. We had a lot in common. Because I didn't try to know her, I missed out on having a good friend. And now it's too late...

I'm with you two completely on this. :? Exactly some of the thoughts that have run through my mind the past few days. EMBEE, that's really cool that you were able to get the whole group praying for the two families.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:51 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!
Well check it out, I have all the power! HA!

Cash: 331.03
Blog: View Blog (28)
The Kings Daughter wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
I found this page for her done by the funeral home. It has some more information, as well as a way to send a sympathy card (for a charge) and a guest book.

Thanks KBT, that sums up Lisa well.

... and made me cry. I wish I could go to her funeral :( She is very pretty. or ... was.

Offline Profile  

[ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next