Two Months

Memories are to treasure and to thank God for.

Two Months

Postby 31899 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Yesterday it was two months, and yet it seems as if yesterday she was asking for the WodFamChocSod recipe. How the time passes, but how wounds that are ripped open never heal. Though time has passed it the Town of Odyssey has not. This might it be but how quickly do our human minds forget?

The Council isn't corrupt

Cash on hand: 1,103.71
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Two Months

Postby American Eagle » Tue May 31, 2011 10:55 pm

I was recently reading through AIOWiki when I read this in our article:
In 2011 the 6th anniversary of the ToO's founding was overshadowed by the passing of beloved user StrongNChrist a week before.

Many thanks to Dan for adding that. Lisa's death was truly the most earth-shattering thing that has ever happened to this place. Usually those types of "historic" times are fun to remember, but this one still irks me. SNC, you will not soon be forgotten. :)
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 440.95
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Two Months

Postby SoccerLOTR » Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Wow, I never read any of that before. Thanks for the link. Cool that she is remembered in that now, though I wish the article could express more of who she was and how her life influenced ours...but it's a general article, so that thought is rather a stretch...but it would be cool. She's so ingrained in this place that no, she could not be forgotten...I miss her every time I see one of her old posts on some thread. :( But it is good to remember her and how close to God she was, and the difference she made in my life. Despite it being bittersweet in not seeing her for...who knows how long I have left on this earth.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
SoccerLOTR

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Cash on hand: 520.24
Bank: 2,352.96

Return to Memory Garden