7 Months

Memories are to treasure and to thank God for.

7 Months

Postby Bren » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 pm

As hard as it is to believe, it has been 7 months since Lisa died. :( I wouldn't have thought about it except for the fact for some reason I still have the news story in my favorites from before I left for dads. When I stop and think about it, she was 19, my age when she died. For anyone else who might need it. :hug:

Former Mayor x1
Bren

Cash on hand: 481.84
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 7 Months

Postby EMBEE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 am

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe it's been that long already. I still miss her more than I ever would've expected to miss someone who I had hardly ever talked to.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
I love the \:D/ smiley
EMBEE

Hi-ho!

Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Cash on hand: 138.68
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby 31899 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:17 am

It's been such a long time, and at some point I feel like I can bear thinking about it, but at other points I just want to sit there, feel sad, and cry. We always seemed to be posting in the same threads; I find it hard to go through my old posts, because whenever I go to look at the thread I always run into her posts.

Last night I dreamed that another member had died, and all I could think of was "how did this happen twice in one year?" When I awoke it was relieving to realise it was merely a dream. The thing is, I know that it will inevitably happen again, and continues to haunt me all those times I choose not to send that pm, or not to post in a thread. How many more opportunities will I miss because of my own choices?

The Council isn't corrupt

Cash on hand: 1,103.71

Postby Musical Shutterbug » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:04 pm

I woke up this morning and saw the big red circle on my calender. It's been so long, and yet it hasn't. I still can't believe that she's...gone. And we never got to say goodbye.

I looked through my old emails until I found the last conversation that she and I had ever had. It was on the 24th, the day before the accident. She was so upset about the robbery... and I told her I would be praying for her family. At the end of our talk, I told her I would talk to her later, thinking tomorrow or maybe two or three days later. But how little did I know that we would never speak again on this earth. It's so terrible...

Crying is the only thing that helps. Even the memories are too painful sometimes.
Lisa Hammit, Our StrongNChrist {1991-2011}
Missed and loved :hug:

Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict
Musical Shutterbug

Cash on hand: 16.58
Bank: 1,653.48

Postby Graces4you » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm feeling the ache that you all feel, mine is 11 months and 3 weeks old. One year next Tuesday and I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I would go back to October 31, 2010 and just talk to her one last time if I could.

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Council must persist
Graces4you

How does one adult?

Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Cash on hand: 397.10
Bank: 1,479.55

Postby SoccerLOTR » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 pm

31899 wrote:It's been such a long time, and at some point I feel like I can bear thinking about it, but at other points I just want to sit there, feel sad, and cry. We always seemed to be posting in the same threads; I find it hard to go through my old posts, because whenever I go to look at the thread I always run into her posts.

Last night I dreamed that another member had died, and all I could think of was "how did this happen twice in one year?" When I awoke it was relieving to realise it was merely a dream. The thing is, I know that it will inevitably happen again, and continues to haunt me all those times I choose not to send that pm, or not to post in a thread. How many more opportunities will I miss because of my own choices?

Likewise...I loved her comments and input in the threads we always both posted in...sometimes I like reading it because...well, i dunno, because it is nice to remember. But then the sadness hits of missing her and I almost don't want to read--just to avoid the missing part.

Wow, that's a nightmare there...hopefully won't happen again anytime soon--even one hole is very apparent in this community, even after 7 months. :cry: The future is so uncertain when we choose to do...anything. Just have to trust God to take care of it, somehow.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
SoccerLOTR

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Cash on hand: 520.24
Bank: 2,352.96

Postby Amethystic » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Is it normal to feel concerned about feeling alright? I mean, I still miss Strong a lot, and there's still lots of times I wish I could chat up a storm with her bouncing story ideas or planing RPGs, but I'm... at peace with it now, I guess, like I'm ready to move on and stop being sad. I'll never forget her, but I don't want to feel a deep pang of sorrow every time the 2.35th bi-monthly anniversary of her death comes around. But then at the same time, sometimes I feel like I'm underwhelmed by it all. Is it okay to feel okay, or am I missing something here?
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Amethystic

Milo Yiannopoulos

Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Cash on hand: 567.29
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Jesus' Princess » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I never knew her, but when I look back through old posts and see that she posted, she seemed like an awesome person, I wish I could have met her. It has encouraged me though, kind of a reminder of how nothing is certain, and any one of us could be gone tomorrow. It's a reminder to me to make every minute count.
Country Girl
Country Girl
Jesus' Princess

Passed her drivers test! Whoop!

Cash on hand: 234.60
Bank: 4,909.61

Postby ~JCGJ~ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:51 pm

I was on a different message board with her, and she was a pretty good friend. I miss her alot.
I am Mr. Green
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
~JCGJ~

I am :mrgreen:

Location: Probably riding my AWESOME maxi-scooter on some back road somewhere...

Cash on hand: 62.74
Bank: 631.96

Postby Musical Shutterbug » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Amethystic wrote:Is it normal to feel concerned about feeling alright? I mean, I still miss Strong a lot, and there's still lots of times I wish I could chat up a storm with her bouncing story ideas or planing RPGs, but I'm... at peace with it now, I guess, like I'm ready to move on and stop being sad. I'll never forget her, but I don't want to feel a deep pang of sorrow every time the 2.35th bi-monthly anniversary of her death comes around. But then at the same time, sometimes I feel like I'm underwhelmed by it all. Is it okay to feel okay, or am I missing something here?

I'm so glad that someone feels this way :) I mean, I wish that I could be at peace with God about this...but I still can't help feeling a tad angry. Why did he take her away? She was such a lovely young woman and she had so many plans for her life...why her? Why then?

Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict
Musical Shutterbug

Postby Graces4you » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I'm so glad that someone feels this way :) I mean, I wish that I could be at peace with God about this...but I still can't help feeling a tad angry. Why did he take her away? She was such a lovely young woman and she had so many plans for her life...why her? Why then?
It's okay to feel angry the hurt might never go away, but we should always remeber that SnC's death was part of God's ultimate plan, before she was even born. Her earthly work was completed, what she did on earth will be continued by those who love her most and cared for her. What we do might reflect what she did, but we might never know. I hope this makes sense and does't seem too out of place or awkward.

"Aaron you wash your paper plates? We're not poor you know."
Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Council must persist
Graces4you

How does one adult?

Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Cash on hand: 397.10
Bank: 1,479.55

Postby Musical Shutterbug » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 pm

You're never awkward, Grace :hug:

Thank you for the gentle reminder :) Sometimes I just have to be reminded that her death was God's will.

Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict
Musical Shutterbug

Postby SoccerLOTR » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Amethystic wrote:Is it normal to feel concerned about feeling alright? I mean, I still miss Strong a lot, and there's still lots of times I wish I could chat up a storm with her bouncing story ideas or planing RPGs, but I'm... at peace with it now, I guess, like I'm ready to move on and stop being sad. I'll never forget her, but I don't want to feel a deep pang of sorrow every time the 2.35th bi-monthly anniversary of her death comes around. But then at the same time, sometimes I feel like I'm underwhelmed by it all. Is it okay to feel okay, or am I missing something here?

You are completely good--I wish I'd feel a little more of that sometimes...I have a difficult time getting over stuff, but I admire those with the strength and personality to refocus and move on from tough stuff like this.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
SoccerLOTR

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Cash on hand: 520.24
Bank: 2,352.96

Postby DanP740 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I've been over it for almost seven months. Most people just take longer.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver
DanP740

Cash on hand: 64.46
Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to Memory Garden