Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: The Thirty-Fifth Town of Odyssey Election
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:04 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 4,741.81
Bank: 1,958.31
Everyone,

Welcome to the Thirty-Fifth Town of Odyssey Election campaign! This board is here to allow citizens (such as yourself) the opportunity to gather supporters for your race to become an administrator of the Town of Odyssey. The titles of Mayor and Chief of Police are up for grabs, along with the privilege of selecting the Town of Odyssey police force (the moderators who watch over different sections of the town). The Mayor/Chief of Police will be responsible for making decisions on how to run the town, as well as performing any and all administration duties that arise. As citizens, it is your responsibility to perform your civic duty and vote in the people you deem the best for the job! This term will last the standard four months.

The hopeful candidates will need to collect a total of $5,000 and submit the entry fee to me by the end of the day on Saturday, July 29. Upon receiving the fee, each team will receive a private forum to come up with strategies as well as the option of inviting supporters to join them in their discussions.

Following July 29, all threads in this main campaign board will be removed to make things more organized for the remaining candidates. Also, please do not take pre-election polls of who people are going to voting for. While that is common to do in the real world, the small number of members on this board result in the unfortunate situation where pre-election polls will mirror post election results and remove some of the suspense of the election. Citizens are not asked to hide or lie about who they are going to vote for, but formal polls are discouraged. Please also keep in mind that PMing people to ask them to vote for you is regarded as spam, and often makes people think less of your team, not more. People who are interested in the election will peruse the campaign threads right here in the election forum and will form an opinion about who to vote for.

The election will take place Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6 with the results being revealed at some point during Monday, August 7. Best wishes to all the contestants! I look forward to seeing what will happen in the ToO's latest election season.

Offline Profile E-mail  
  Reply with quote    Report this post  
 Post Post subject: Re: The Thirty-Fifth Town of Odyssey Election
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 am 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Cash: 615.13
Bank: 0.00
I'll donate $300 to the first two teams to run. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  
 Post Post subject: Re: The Thirty-Fifth Town of Odyssey Election
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 am 
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Cash: 615.13
Bank: 0.00
I'll donate $300 to the first two teams to run. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 3 posts ]