ToO Academy Awards reminder

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

ToO Academy Awards reminder

Post by bookworm »

The year is drawing to a close which means it’s almost time to wrap up the inaugural ToO Academy season and hand out the first awards. If you haven’t been remembering to watch for nominations, it’s not too late. Feel more than free to go back over the threads of the past year and send in suggestions, there’s no such thing as too late a submission, if a thread was created in 2014 it is eligible for review.

Remember, you don’t have to be an Academy member to suggest threads. Anyone can do it, and indeed we need as many people as possible to do it. The purpose of the Academy is to try to represent the views of the general public, not to speak for them. We need you to get us started in the right direction when we make the cuts.

Don’t think too hard about this, you don’t need to make sure you only send in super excellent threads, you should be sending in any thread that catches your attention. The Academy will sort them out, you just need to get them in. We should have more suggestions than we need, so we have to sort through them and really analyze, not just a handful because you all did your own thorough considerations and decided one or another might not be worthy to send in. Second guessing yourself undermines the process, if you have a feeling about a thread, even just a small one, submit it. No harm will come from being too open with your suggestions, the harm comes from being too overly selective.
If you’re reading something and think ‘That was clever’ or ‘This is really interesting’ that’s exactly what we want, pm me the link.

Here again are the categories we will be keeping in mind:
Best Subject
The thread that provided a great topic to think and talk about.

Best Discussion
The thread that produced conversation of an exceptional quality.

Biggest Shift
A thread that started on one topic but came to have a great discussion on something else.

Funniest Thread
The thread with content that brightens your day no matter how many times you read it.

Most Inspiring Thread
The thread that profoundly moved you to change your way or thinking or living.

Most Interesting Thread
The thread with the content most intriguing to think about.

Most Educational Thread
The thread that you learned the most from.

Most Enlightening Thread
The thread that most caused you to adapt or at least analyze your worldview.

Most Surprising Thread
A thread on a subject you never thought someone would make but that somehow worked.

Best Thread
The thread that displays consistent all around quality. It likely contains elements of several of the other categories.
If you know right off that a thread belongs in one of them go ahead and mention that when you send your suggestion in, but remember that you don’t have to. If you aren’t sure where a thread might belong but you know it needs considered for something, simply send the link and The Academy will decide where to put it.

And here is an important note to keep in mind. Two of the categories, Most Inspiring Thread and Most Enlightening Thread, gauge an impact that is too broad for a mere seven member group to judge. When talking about effects had on actual lives it needs to be a majority voice. Academy members can say a thread affected their individual life, but that doesn’t mean it had the most impact on overall ToO lives as well. So for these two categories specifically pay special attention to possible nominees and be sure to send them in to me. These two in a special way need the public voice strongly present, not just the lone consideration of the Academy. The Academy will be attempting to identify the threads with the most impact by looking for consistent suggestion from the public.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*discreet cough*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I totally forgot about this..
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

SHE SAID IT FIRST, NOT ME :x

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

@ snubs:
I figured most people had, which is why I made a reminder. It's not too late; as I said please look back over past threads, they don't have to be sent in as soon as they were made they can be suggested at any time. :)

@ Marvin:
That is unacceptable; you're an Academy member! The whole purpose of that is so you are always watching in the event the general public forgets to! :x
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Well it would help if I had monthly reminders or if your signature linked to thread or something :noway: I'm a busy man :x

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then you shouldn't have accepted. Again, the whole reason for the Academy is so there is a handful of people who don't need reminded. It's their job to remember to do their job. >_>
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

WAIT. I have a job to remember my job?! TWO JOBS?!

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes :noway: You knew the responsibility when you were asked.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*sulks in corner*

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Even though 2014 is over there is still time to look back and send in suggestions! Like the real awards these ones will not be decided until a bit into the new year.