Welcome to Catsville!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Welcome to Catsville!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

As many of you are aware of by now, the people of the Town of Odyssey have asked me to be the sole administrator for our future. Many people have found this to be the most reasonable and sensible option, as well as being the wisest. The others will get used to it very quickly. To celebrate this change, you will notice a new header being used. I think that it best embodies the spirit of this board at the present time, and guides us towards the great future that awaits. I look forward to leading you into our glorious future.

I will be watching with keen eyes for people who best fit into our newly improved board. I look forward to everybody's support.

Please keep the following important details in mind:

1) Edit your posts so that spelling and grammar are accurate. Do this prior to posting, but if you notice an error later, fix it. Fines and/or further action may be necessary if this is not followed.
2) Use Canadian/British spelling. It is better. That means colour, favour, flavour, favourite, and so on. Check with a dictionary or a knowledgeable Canadian if you are unsure. EDIT: Temperatures must be communicated in Celsius, not Fahrenheit, and measurements should be provided in metric (mm, cm, etc.) Fines and/or further action may be necessary if this is not followed.
3) Use your manners. I expect members of this board to be polite and kind and helpful. Fines and/or further action may be necessary if this is not followed.

These three simple, common-sense notions will aid greatly in improving the board.

Thank you for your enthusiastic support, and have a great day!

Catspaw, your admin
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Well this certainly looks promising! I'll be trying my best to follow your guidelines, Catspaw!

\:D/

\:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

This is awesome! I love the colours of this board style! It's probably my favourite one yet. Thanks so much, Catspaw, and may you have a long and happy term!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

As I have stated in the past, I am excited that the board is being improved in this manner, and I look forward to the future under your administration.

I do have one suggestion, though. The new board theme is currently optional, and I had to go to a lot of trouble to change it from the previous Autumn theme. If it pleases the administrator, I suggest that this new theme should be mandatory, so that everyone will have the best available theme without having to go to any trouble to install it. It would also serve as a constant reminder of your reign, which can only be beneficial to the public at large, and it would quell potential rebellious behavior, by preventing dissidents from opposing your rule by using other, lesser themes that do not acknowledge you.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I'll do my best to follow the new guidelines, for I am in favour of Canadian spelling. The new style reminded me of halloween.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Those changes made my day better. \:D/

Thank You Catspaw

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Long live her adminship! :inlove:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Awesome, I missed Jared. \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

At last, an online community that spells words properly! \:D/

though I am a bit dubious as to all the Canadian influences going on here..
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hurray for Catspaw! I hope this term is as good as I think it will be.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

The board style is cool. I like the fact that it is mostly gray. Got to love Grayscale3.0. :)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm so happy! Canada is the best! Canadian spellings are the best.
There also should be a rule that temperatures and measurements should be in Celsius or metric.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bob wrote: I do have one suggestion, though. The new board theme is currently optional, and I had to go to a lot of trouble to change it from the previous Autumn theme. If it pleases the administrator, I suggest that this new theme should be mandatory, so that everyone will have the best available theme without having to go to any trouble to install it. It would also serve as a constant reminder of your reign, which can only be beneficial to the public at large, and it would quell potential rebellious behavior, by preventing dissidents from opposing your rule by using other, lesser themes that do not acknowledge you.
All in good time, my forward-thinking subject.
Anna><> wrote:I'm so happy! Canada is the best! Canadian spellings are the best.
There also should be a rule that temperatures and measurements should be in Celsius or metric.
That is an excellent suggestion. I'm tired of having to be the one to do Fahrenheit to Celsius conversions. It's their turn to do that for us! I'll edit my original post.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Anna><> wrote:I'm so happy! Canada is the best! Canadian spellings are the best.
I resent this. :(

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Lois wrote:
I resent this. :(
Now you understand how I feel when I always have to convert temperatures I read.

Here's a simple trick that may help. Temperature in ºC x 1.8 + 32 = temperature in ºF.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I really like the new board style. It is very "creepy" looking.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I honestly mean no disrespect at all--particularly to you, Catspaw, but I was wondering. For us Americans who are very, very accustomed to saying, "It was a whopping 95 Degrees today!" wouldn't it be a little more reasonable to allow for Fahrenheit? Many will probably disobey the rule without even realizing it, and those who remember will have to go through the long process of thinking, "(95 - 32) /1.8", which is hard to do without a calculator. It's just a suggestion, because although I never write anything about the weather, I have a tough time converting temperatures. (And don't even get me started on the Metric system and how hard it is to remember those conversions.)

So, again, no disrespect. Please don't take any of my money away. I'm just saying.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Christian A. wrote:I honestly mean no disrespect at all--particularly to you, Catspaw, but I was wondering. For us Americans who are very, very accustomed to saying, "It was a whopping 95 Degrees today!" wouldn't it be a little more reasonable to allow for Fahrenheit? Many will probably disobey the rule without even realizing it, and those who remember will have to go through the long process of thinking, "(95 - 32) /1.8", which is hard to do without a calculator. It's just a suggestion, because although I never write anything about the weather, I have a tough time converting temperatures. (And don't even get me started on the Metric system and how hard it is to remember those conversions.)

So, again, no disrespect. Please don't take any of my money away. I'm just saying.
Guess what. This actually could be very beneficial for you. In college I was made to learn conversions. Who knows? You might have to learn conversions too and this could help you get ahead of others! :D
I love the rule Catspaw!! Don't change it!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Anna><> wrote:
Christian A. wrote:I honestly mean no disrespect at all--particularly to you, Catspaw, but I was wondering. For us Americans who are very, very accustomed to saying, "It was a whopping 95 Degrees today!" wouldn't it be a little more reasonable to allow for Fahrenheit? Many will probably disobey the rule without even realizing it, and those who remember will have to go through the long process of thinking, "(95 - 32) /1.8", which is hard to do without a calculator. It's just a suggestion, because although I never write anything about the weather, I have a tough time converting temperatures. (And don't even get me started on the Metric system and how hard it is to remember those conversions.)

Guess what. This actually could be very beneficial for you. In college I was made to learn conversions. Who knows? You might have to learn conversions too and this could help you get ahead of others! :D
I love the rule Catspaw!! Don't change it!
I appreciate your enthusiasm, Anna. You are right that this can become an educational experience for non-Canadians, who are already used to doing the conversion process due to the American-heavy influences in this world.

Christian, I suggest that you find a good online converter, if doing the math yourself is too burdensome. There are many free converters readily available. Regarding the Metric system, it makes a lot of sense to use. It makes far more sense. 10 mm = 1 cm. 10 cm = 1 dm. 10 dm = 1 m. And so on. The numbers are very easy to convert and use. Converting inches to centimeters may be a pain, but that is the fault of those who persist in using inches, not us sensible folks.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Long live the metric system. :)
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime