The Rise and Fall of Regisville

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

The Rise and Fall of Regisville

Post by Shadowpaw »

Everyone,

It would appear you have successfully thwarted Dr. Regis Blackgaard's plan for destroying this town. Thank you! I'll have you know I never wanted things to happen the way they did! My goal was simple: to put an end to the inflation problems we had on the board. We were successful in destroying a great deal of that money that people had built up, but Dr. Blackgaard betrayed me and assumed my position as town founder. I'm sorry, I should never have meddled with bringing him back from the dead. It was a mistake. One I will pay for...

Unfortunately, we're left with a lot of cleanup and things to do. First and foremost, we must restore "The Town of Odyssey" to the way it was and get rid of this "Regisville." Also, of great importance, is to appoint a new Mayor and Chief of Police. We shall be holding a re-vote starting this Friday night at 10:00pm EST till Monday night at 10:00pm EST, at which time the votes will be revealed. All three teams (save for that of Gabriel/Fenix) will be eligible to run in the election, since it was never in their favor to being with (unfortunately). So, for the next couple of days, I would encourage David O / JesusFreak777, The EKster / Sonuna Hydris and Robo / Livin4messiah to resume their campaigning and make a last ditch appeal to the public as to why they should vote you in. I will resurrect the election board for this very purpose. Best wishes to all the candidates!

I also intend to write a recap of the events that have occured, so no one will be lost about what happened. I expect it to be fairly extensive, since a lot of things went down. There will also be a "behind-the-scenes" post where I detail some stuff you might not know about this story arc, and discuss some of the thought process behind the things that happened and how some of the plot elements evolved or changed as the story progressed. Unfortunately, as what people are going to do is unpredictable in interactive stories like this, things changed a lot. So hopefully that will be an interesting read! Check back for both in the coming days.

Finally, I'd like to extend a thank you to everyone who stuck with the board during the crisis and participated in trying to solve it. I understand these stories aren't popular with everyone, but, they are certainly written to give you all something to do while Adventures in Odyssey is on a break and let you participate in the stories, rather than simply listen to them.

Thanks again, and yes, I'll be returning to my normal posting once again. :)
Last edited by Shadowpaw on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Yes wer're back to normal now!!!!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Very extensive . . . and a good way to get some people to spend some money! Fenix especially! Haha!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yay Shadowpaw! \:D/ I commend you on this very awesome storyline!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The EKster wrote:Yay Shadowpaw! \:D/ I commend you on this very awesome storyline!
I second that (even if you did have me fighting with a fake member ;) )
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Great storyline!!! I loved it. We should make a movie based on it. Wait,a second,I got an idea!!!!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The anger stage...
*glares at Shadowpaw* :x How do we know that we can trust you now, just because you say that you didn't want things to get so bad? I should hit you with my mop! :twat:

Anger turns to pain...
Shadowpaw! We trusted you and you let us down! :mecry: I cried for weeks at your evilness! It was so, so hard! :sniff:

Pain turns to acceptance...
Well, it seems like you're back to stay now. I hope that you've learned your lesson about being evil, and will be the great ruler that you've been for so long! \:D/

Acceptance turns to flirtation...
Oh Shadowpaw darling, I knew that you were trustworthy all along! I knew that your love for me would overpower the temptation of wrongdoing! We shall now live happily ever after! :inlove:

*starts singing the Shadowpaw song*

Come on, everybody, sing it with me! \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Shadowpaw wrote:Thanks again, and yes, I'll be returning to my normal posting once again. :)
You mean you're not going to be evil anymore? :-s

But, but... :sniff: I won't know what to do anymore! You've been evil almost the whole time I've been here!

;) Heehee... thanks for the awesome fun story.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the story arc. :- however I do appreciate it now that I look back, it was fun, gave me alot to think about, and helped this community grow closer together.
Howabout we RESTORE THE CHURCH! YAY! \:D/

EDIT: I did a short re-cap. Wow, you miss alot in a day.
Last edited by Lord_Kappa on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Shadowpaw wrote: I'm sorry, I should never have meddled with bringing him back from the . It was a mistake. One I will pay for...
Odearme, Shadowpaw? Now you're going to die on us?

Anyhow, I'm glad to have been a part of this, and I'm also glad Regis is ...dead, maybe? Or dying. Or something. So thanks to everyone else, and...have a great day.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Catspaw wrote:The anger stage...
*glares at Shadowpaw* :x How do we know that we can trust you now, just because you say that you didn't want things to get so bad? I should hit you with my mop! :twat:

Anger turns to pain...
Shadowpaw! We trusted you and you let us down! :mecry: I cried for weeks at your evilness! It was so, so hard! :sniff:

Pain turns to acceptance...
Well, it seems like you're back to stay now. I hope that you've learned your lesson about being evil, and will be the great ruler that you've been for so long! \:D/

Acceptance turns to flirtation...
Oh Shadowpaw darling, I knew that you were trustworthy all along! I knew that your love for me would overpower the temptation of wrongdoing! We shall now live happily ever after! :inlove:

*starts singing the Shadowpaw song*

That's hilarious..... :hilarious:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

does that mean we get all the forums back?? Yay for whoever thought of giving the virus to Regis! =D>
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw wrote: *starts singing the Shadowpaw song*

Shadowpaw Shadowpaw...erm...I forgot the words to my own song! :x

Also yes, you must make The 2nd Church of Odyssey!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote: I'm sorry, I should never have meddled with bringing him back from the . It was a mistake. One I will pay for...
Odearme, Shadowpaw? Now you're going to die on us?
Nooo! Shadowpaw can't die now! He was just barely brought back to life from the grave of evil Blackgaard-ness! :insane: *is over-dramatic*

I wonder how he'll have to pay...I do hope that if he does die, it will at least get Whit back for us! \:D/
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The EKster wrote:

Also yes, you must make The 2nd Church of Odyssey!
Does whatever and Admin can...
Surfs the web, all the time... \:D/
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I miss the black and gray. :sad:

;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

danadelfos wrote:I miss the black and gray. :sad:

;)
You can always change back. :P
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I changed it back. :) I don't know about Regis, but he has good color scheme tastes.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

My eyes are adjusting again... *blink blink* I think I'll leave it Odyssey style for now.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

The EKster wrote:

I was signing Speechless :anxious:

Thanks for the great ride Shadowpaw. Is it true? You're going to release the recap AND the behind the scenes? It's like getting the bonus disc to a Special Edition DVD \:D/