Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Photobucket no longer supports external embedding, it replaces the image you attempt to display with a default error image which is probably above the sig size limit. What likely happened is although you linked to your sig image what the site actually saw when it attempted to apply the change was the other one so it rejected it.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I knew Photobucket had started charging a fee for external embedding, which is why I had originally removed the signature on here. But then a couple weeks ago, I was able to embed the picture in my signature on another forum, and just as a test, I put the image in an old post on the ToO to see what would happen. It worked in the post here and on the other forum, so I guess that's why I'm wondering why it doesn't want to work as a signature here. It's purely academic interest at this point, but it does seem rather odd.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah I have also noticed that sometimes an image will still randomly work at certain times or in certain places. In regards to this particular incident I would guess there's a difference in how the file is retrieved from Photobucket in a signature attachment compared to a post that would cause one to trigger Photobucket to block it and the other not maybe.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks bookworm! It is very annoying that Photobucket has made changes to their system. :(
Horsegirl
29K to go!

Post by Horsegirl »

I was just wondering how you join a club that is open?
Hello I was going to put a inspirational thing here but couldn't find a thing then I was going to make something up but ran out of ideas so I thought I would just talk and talk till I don't know run out of ink or wait no ink ummm I guess run out of fingers or keys? You should stop reading now because it may talk a long time to run out of ether of those
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Horsegirl wrote:I was just wondering how you join a club that is open?
Do you mean one of the Factions?
Horsegirl
29K to go!

Post by Horsegirl »

bookworm wrote:
Horsegirl wrote:I was just wondering how you join a club that is open?
Do you mean one of the Factions?
Ok I am going to sound really dumb here , umm what's a Faction?
Hello I was going to put a inspirational thing here but couldn't find a thing then I was going to make something up but ran out of ideas so I thought I would just talk and talk till I don't know run out of ink or wait no ink ummm I guess run out of fingers or keys? You should stop reading now because it may talk a long time to run out of ether of those
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's the technical name for the forum usergroups.
Horsegirl
29K to go!

Post by Horsegirl »

bookworm wrote:It's the technical name for the forum usergroups.
Ummm yes I mean those. Sorry really bad with Tec.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No worries, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing before answering your question.

If a group is open you can join it automatically from the group list page and the new forum, if it has one, will appear somewhere at the bottom of the ToO index page.
Horsegirl
29K to go!

Post by Horsegirl »

bookworm wrote:No worries, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing before answering your question.

If a group is open you can join it automatically from the group list page and the new forum, if it has one, will appear somewhere at the bottom of the ToO index page.
Thank you! I will try that.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If you have trouble you can post again or PM me the specific group you're trying to get into.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

As always, bookworm has great and helpful answers! :D
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

So this started awhile ago but, I don't get an email notification when someone posts in a topic I am subscribed in, this started awhile ago and I don't know why?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't use notifications so I don't know, but it seems like someone else mentioned issues also a while back.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't use notifications either but I agree with bookworm that this may have been mentioned previously. I'll see if we can sort that out.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I had the same question as Jehoshaphat, actually. Doesn't seem to be working for me, either. Would be nice to have now that this forum is way less busy.
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

Why don't you get money in Hillingdale Haven?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hillindgdale Haven was created as a place for people to be silly and post silly and/or short posts, but so as not to overly encourage people just posting silly stuff, no funds were provided for posts, and that has continued to this day. That allows people to post stuff without any of the usual requirements of having useful content but without encouraging it to spread everywhere.
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

When can one receive additional money for polls, attachments, etc.?