Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Ok. I'll just be saving up then! \:D/

Oh, about that. I know that there are some threads and places where you can get money for posting, and some places where you can't get money.

I am wondering......how can I see which threads give you money for posting and which ones don't?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The generic rule: If it's Hillingdale Haven or a faction, you don't get money. Everywhere else, you do. I believe this is unilaterally true...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Ah, that would explain a lot then! *stops posting on HH*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Angel12 wrote:I am wondering......how can I see which threads give you money for posting and which ones don't?
In addition to the generic rule Sonuna mentioned, you should also notice the $ sign in each person's profile (to the left of their post) won't have numbers next to it in threads where money isn't given for posting.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I noticed in some factions I can get money for posting, what's with this?
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

In most factions the money-making feature is turned off, but in a few the owner made earlier arrangements with Shadowpaw to have things the way that they are. :) Either that or it's just an accident - that's possible sometimes too. ;)
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Ok, Thanks Catspaw!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I have yet another question. :anxious:

How do people get their titles?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good question! If somebody has an automatic title, like yours, it means that the title you have is automatically determined based on the number of posts that you had. The current titles are from the ones set by the previous administration, David O and JesusFreak777. You can see the thread discussing this set of titles by clicking here, if you want to. EK and J-man will probably have some new ones available soon! \:D/

Another way to get a title is to buy a custom one, which you can do by clicking on the "shop" option on the top menu bar thing and then selecting the Odyssey Specialty Shop. For $100 you can change your title yourself! \:D/

Sometimes if the crazy admins are in a goofy mood, they'll change somebody's title, but the other two ways are the main ones! I hope that answers your question!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Yes, that does. Thank you catspaw!!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Have any of you ever deleted a member? If yes, how many?
Love is stronger than death.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've probably deleted hundreds of members, if you define "members" as account sign-ups done by some kind of spam bot system that is designed to advertise websites that ToOers really don't want to visit. \:D/ I have never deleted any real member account, and probably never will.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Catspaw wrote:I have never deleted any real member account, and probably never will.
But it's fun to threaten that you will, right? \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I only threaten to ban people. :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Darcie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I have never deleted any real member account, and probably never will.
But it's fun to threaten that you will, right? \:D/
Of course! We all need hobbies, after all. ;) And fortunately, I happened to find one that I enjoy, since all the good flirters either leave or get married. :(
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I have another question. :anxious:
Is there a limit to how long our sigs can be? If so what is the limit?
Archer No Man
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Archer No Man »

how did you come up with the care bare av?
if you came all the way to my sig to get the money I said I would give you a week ago.........YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT *runs away*

Yes I know that with the new name you must not know who I am now but yes I am No Man *crowd gasps* LEADER OF THE BAND OF SCARY ARCHERS *crowd gasps* know you must all exile me and my band of scary archers and send the army after me and make it into a R rated movie
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Angel12 wrote:I have another question. :anxious:
Is there a limit to how long our sigs can be? If so what is the limit?
I'll help for this one.
Edit your Profile Signature description text wrote:A signature is a little text that can be added at the bottom of your posts. It's limited to 1000 characters on 5 line(s) and 1 image(s) with none larger than 100x400 pixels and for a maximum of 500Kb. In your text, no more than 150 characters without space too.
The image you have now is the maximum size. 400 wide by 100 high, in pixels. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks, Darcie! :D
No Man wrote:how did you come up with the care bare av?
You mean the pink Care Bear avatar that I used for a while? EK made it for me a really long time ago, and I used it for a while, and then decided later that it was so cute that I should use it again! \:D/ There are lots of really talented people who make great signatures and avatars in Crestwood Avenue, something I think you are already familiar with! :D

Archer No Man
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Archer No Man »

Catspaw wrote:Thanks, Darcie! :D
No Man wrote:how did you come up with the care bare av?
You mean the pink Care Bear avatar that I used for a while? EK made it for me a really long time ago, and I used it for a while, and then decided later that it was so cute that I should use it again! \:D/ There are lots of really talented people who make great signatures and avatars in Crestwood Avenue, something I think you are already familiar with! :D

cool!
if you came all the way to my sig to get the money I said I would give you a week ago.........YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT *runs away*

Yes I know that with the new name you must not know who I am now but yes I am No Man *crowd gasps* LEADER OF THE BAND OF SCARY ARCHERS *crowd gasps* know you must all exile me and my band of scary archers and send the army after me and make it into a R rated movie