Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Azzie wrote:
Azheim wrote:O Catspaw my dear,
How long has it been since we last whiled away the night hours in fanciful conversation while gazing at the the stars?
It feels like forever and a day! How I have missed your face, your voice, your smile... If you were to grace me with even another moment of your time, it would be as if I had been in the palace of kings for an eternity. If I may be so bold, would you be willing to share this Friday night with me? I'll pick you up around 6.

Forever yours,

Azheim
SCUMBAG! You were supposed to go out with ME on Friday night. :noway:
Besides, Catspaw has a date with CoT on Friday night. JF is watching his fish for them. :noway:
And a fine job JF did too...

Catspaw, are you free this Friday also? :inlove:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Moderately Awesome Broom wrote:
Paw.J. wrote:Do you get the pleasure of logging in twice every time you try to log in? Or am I the only one who gets to have all the fun? ;)
It's a phpBB glitch that's not exclusive to this forum. Instead of using the boxes at the bottom of the page, click on "Postal Service" and login there. That usually does it. ;)
Thank you! That was much faster.
Love is stronger than death.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Question:

I am the moderator of the Jedi Academy faction, but I don't have any moderating powers there, at all. It is as if I'm just a member. Can anyone help me out? (This has been a problem since the beggining, it just never got taken care of.)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

You should be able to mod there now.
...I hate marquees.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I should... but I can't. :anxious:

I can't edit or delete anyone's posts there except my own, and I cannot lock or sticky any topics. I can't do anything. :headscratch:
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You should be able to mod there now, Lord_Kappa. :) Let me know if you still can't! (You need to go under Auth Management, J-man.)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

0_o So it's no under permissions? *goes off to rant how different everything is from the regular one* :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm guessing not, since apparently it didn't work. ;) That doesn't actually give people power. L_K wants power! \:D/
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Catspaw wrote:I'm guessing not, since apparently it didn't work. ;) That doesn't actually give people power. L_K wants power! \:D/
Thank you Catspaw, I did indeed desire the power that I now posess.

L_K looks like one of those odd emoticon men. 0_0

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

/me is trying to figure out exactly how auths work, I think I understand now though.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I have a question. How long does it take for people to not be considered a newbie?
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

I would say until you establish yourself and post a lot. I probably to some people am considered a Newbie because up until recently I hadn't;t posted much even though i have been around longer than most people here.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I consider someone to not be a newbie when they know their way around the ToO and are somewhat known by the oldbies.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

J-man wrote:I consider someone to not be a newbie when they know their way around the ToO and are somewhat known by the oldbies.. ;)

Like you two? :-k
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Why are some welcome/goodbye threads left alone, and others locked and told to post in the official thread? :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Having not really noticed (or cared ;)) about the above occurrences, I think it's likely due to the fact that newbies don't know better. Therefore, their threads are left alone, whereas members who have been around for a while should know to post in the Welcome/Goodbye thead.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

In general we would prefer to have people use the existing welcome/good-bye thread, because otherwise lots of little announcements can clutter the Steps of City Hall, and then people can barely even find a spot to sit down and eat ice cream! :mad: Most threads that a new person starts themself to announce their arrival are left as they are, but in the case that you are likely referring to, the thread was not started by the new member themself....their account was not activated until after that thread had already been locked. The Welcome/Good-bye thread will be a lovely place to welcome them to the board! \:D/

EDIT: Wow, Trent is fast! \:D/
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I have another question:
Is there any way you can see all the jobs? Like, all the crazy ones and stuff? or is that just for the people who can afford them?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Not that I'm aware of, although I can see them all through the admin panel.. As far as I know there's no other way.
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Angel12 wrote:I have another question:
Is there any way you can see all the jobs? Like, all the crazy ones and stuff? or is that just for the people who can afford them?
Do you want to see them to see if you can get one of them? Is that what you want to know? Or do you just want to see them all listed for interest's sake? :-k If you want to get a higher job with a cool title that pays more money, education is key! \:D/ A High School Equivalence (HSE) is $5000 and is the first degree you'll need to get, and then there are a number of additional degrees that can be purchased after that. You haven't been around very long yet, but give it some time, and pretty soon you'll have more money and will be buying new degrees! \:D/

If you just want to see a list of all the creative jobs, there is no master list available. :(