Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I get it from winning the ToO Hockey League pool. Since I have done so several times, including last year, I have plenty of awesomeness to spare for the upcoming season! O:)

I get my sadness from missing having Dr. Watson around the ToO, if anybody wants to know, which makes today a pretty good day! \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Yay!! I'm always in the business of banishing sadness!! \:D/ \:D/

Unless, of course, it means letting you win ToOHL again...in which case I am out of the banishing-sadness business!! :x
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Go ahead. Try to ruin my year by winning the ToOHL. I dare you. :neener: Also, next time, there should be a question in your post, like, "Catspaw, why are Canadians so good at hockey and hockey pools?"

(As a bonus, I will share that I accidentally typed "I date you" - oopsies! That might have confused some people. Yay typos!) ;)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Catspaw, why are Canadians so good at hockey and hockey pools?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Because we are Canadians, we have a natural and innate ability to sense hockey-related things in a way that others cannot. We try to be super humble about it (Exhibit A: Sidney Crosby delivering coffee during the summer) but you can only hide a shining beacon to a certain extent. I think that having lots of ice available is also helpful. To sum up, I am a proud Canadian who is the most recent winner of the ToOHL, and I wish that Sidney Crosby would bring me coffee, even though I do not drink coffee.

(As a side note, my uncle moved a few provinces away about two decades ago, and flies in every single year for a weekend to get together with his old buddies so they can do their hockey pool together. Do not underestimate the magnitude of a hockey pool!)
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Have the terms been lengthened to five months?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

If I ran next election cycle to make the Town great again to restore justice and order, would you give me all of your money?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Bob wrote:If I ran next election cycle to make the Town great again to restore justice and order, would you give me all of your money?
Idek what that means. I'd have to see what kinds of events you'd have and what your contribution to activity would be.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

SimplyDredge wrote:Have the terms been lengthened to five months?
No, they have not. For various reasons some terms have been slightly more than four months, but the general expectation should be approximately four months.
SimplyDredge wrote:
Bob wrote:If I ran next election cycle to make the Town great again to restore justice and order, would you give me all of your money?
Idek what that means. I'd have to see what kinds of events you'd have and what your contribution to activity would be.
Since this is the Questions for Catspaw thread, Bob might have been asking me, though I could be wrong.

And my answer is....no, you don't sound Trumptastic enough to me. :(
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Aw, I thought we were friends! ;)

More seriously, how's life and the forums been the past four years?

It's been even longer than that since I PMed you about that AIO episode rating system, but I still have some of the stuff for it on my hard drive and could probably get it working again, if I took the time. Are you still interested?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Catspaw wrote:
SimplyDredge wrote:Have the terms been lengthened to five months?
No, they have not. For various reasons some terms have been slightly more than four months, but the general expectation should be approximately four months.
SimplyDredge wrote:
Since this is the Questions for Catspaw thread, Bob might have been asking me, though I could be wrong.

And my answer is....no, you don't sound Trumptastic enough to me. :(
Thanks. You know, I totally forgot about quotes and such since posts are generally cold and you usually don't expect an instant reply! Sorry.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bob wrote:Aw, I thought we were friends! ;)

More seriously, how's life and the forums been the past four years?

It's been even longer than that since I PMed you about that AIO episode rating system, but I still have some of the stuff for it on my hard drive and could probably get it working again, if I took the time. Are you still interested?
I don't give my friends all my money. A true friend teaches a lesson by making them work for it. ;)

Life has been good! Busier than the forums ;) The ToO is still a fun place to spend some time every day. We must bring back some good memories, since you're here! :D

It looks like you contacted in me January 2012,so that was a while back! It's amazing how time flies by. (Yes, I know, I sound like an old lady.) ;) We can talk about that. It did sound like an interesting project.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Hey, I have a friend, Kathy, (or Kathy09) who said she tried multiple times to register here, but never got accepted? She wanted me to help her with that ;) Is there a way you could get her in?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The first time she registered, she said she was under 13, which is why that account was not activated. I activated her second attempt to register earlier today with the assumption that she may have selected that option accidentally. There should be an automatic e-mail that goes out to let people know that their account will not be activated instantly. This is because it is done by a person (me) to prevent spambots from being able to post, so sometimes it takes a day or so.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I do generally have good memories from here. I took a five-month sabbatical from the Internet shortly after my last post back in '12, but who knows; if it wasn't for that, I might've been more active.

Now I have enough other things that I probably ought to be doing that I don't really have enough time to do something like run in an election here, but I still thought I'd like to do my favorite show's community a good turn, and that old project seems a nice way to do it.

I'll get in touch with you when I've pieced together enough of the work to have something to show for it. Now, that might be a little while... but I figure if everyone's waited 4 years, even 4 more months doesn't sound so bad. ;)
Last edited by Bob on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Hello Catspaw!
What's the quickest way to gain the green? Get rich I mean. :D
And do I post personal artwork and writing at Hillingdale Haven?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Not Catspaw.

Posting is the fastest way to get money. And running a pyramid scheme could work too.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Ahh thank you SirWhit. :)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

GJFH wrote:Hello Catspaw!
What's the quickest way to gain the green? Get rich I mean. :D
And do I post personal artwork and writing at Hillingdale Haven?
There's no quick way to get rich, but SirWhit is right that posting helps,and sometimes there are contests you can enter that might have ToO cash as a prize. :D

We have a subforum that's geared more towards art and writing specifically. It's called Inventor's Corner (click here) so you can check it out and add your own work if you want. :D
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Catspaw wrote:Go ahead. Try to ruin my year by winning the ToOHL. I dare you. :neener: Also, next time, there should be a question in your post, like, "Catspaw, why are Canadians so good at hockey and hockey pools?"

(As a bonus, I will share that I accidentally typed "I date you" - oopsies! That might have confused some people. Yay typos!) ;)

:lol: :lol:

Catspaw, why are you so confusing to people? O:)