real announcement 2

this time, it's not real announcement 1

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

real announcement 2

Post by Sonuna »

Another scheduled IRC-chat should be of the happen at around 6.00 EST. Please, don't abandon it! Or it will feel sad! D:

...In addition, a new game of Needle in a Haystack (tm-not-sarainuna) will be starting at about 4 EST, with the prize being a BRAND NEW CAR. Or degree.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Cool.
I cant do thre chat nut I may try the needle game
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

details regarding needle in haystack-type event

Due to the general confusion and/or disinterest in this:
The last day has been a blur. I must confess the very idea of returning to Odyssey was distinctly difficult for me to face... but what was worth letting someone take something that wasn't his in the first place? Then again, what difference would it make? I'd done the same to ... others.

I decided that I was going to try to do the right thing.

I contacted the Head of Security at the Archaelogical Building. He informed me there was a break-in, and the Monrael Stone was taken... most certainly by Marcus. But unbeknownst to Marcus - or whoever it was that broke in - the item was quite delicate. The head of security, among other answers, stated that it was confirmed the item had been broken. And Marcus only got away with one piece... it is unconfirmed that his workers left him and lost the pieces of the Monrael Stone.

I must tell you - find the pieces. They are somewhere around here.
... here are the specifics:

The pieces of the stone are hidden in posts around the ToO. It is a race against time... and also probably Marcus, if what I surmise is correct.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

WHat do you mean they're hidden in posts? I don't get it.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I think there is a picture of the hidden pieces in random posts around the ToO (like having a picture of the needle). All we have to do is search for the post and picture.

I can't get the chat to work though, so I guess I'll just have to spend all day looking for the pieces.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I'm on the chat now!
*returns*
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I'll try to get on the chat... but I'm not sure If I'll be able to or not.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Java hates my computer. I don't think I'll ever be able to go on the chat.... :mecry:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Can you give us a hint? :anxious:
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

yay. I got the chat to work. \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:details regarding needle in haystack-type event

Due to the general confusion and/or disinterest in this:
The last day has been a blur. I must confess the very idea of returning to Odyssey was distinctly difficult for me to face... but what was worth letting someone take something that wasn't his in the first place? Then again, what difference would it make? I'd done the same to ... others.

I decided that I was going to try to do the right thing.

I contacted the Head of Security at the Archaelogical Building. He informed me there was a break-in, and the Monrael Stone was taken... most certainly by Marcus. But unbeknownst to Marcus - or whoever it was that broke in - the item was quite delicate. The head of security, among other answers, stated that it was confirmed the item had been broken. And Marcus only got away with one piece... it is unconfirmed that his workers left him and lost the pieces of the Monrael Stone.

I must tell you - find the pieces. They are somewhere around here.
... here are the specifics:

The pieces of the stone are hidden in posts around the ToO. It is a race against time... and also probably Marcus, if what I surmise is correct.

Auugh. I've been searching for the past hourish and haven't found anything. :( It's slow going, because I keep stopping to read old posts. ;) Does John Seles perhaps know how many pieces this thing was broken into?
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I hope it was broken into a million pieces....then I may have a chance of finding one.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

What if she is the haystack?

http://thetoo.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=541

:shock:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

... CoT. >_>. That would so terribly un-original.

I'm not sure if John would know how many pieces the stone broke up into...
... but apparently it's more than one.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:What if she is the haystack?

-Cowboy
That is where they hid the needle last time... :anxious:
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

JesusIsAlive wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:What if she is the haystack?

-Cowboy
That is where they hid the needle last time... :anxious:
I don't think they will do that again. (at least I hope they don't, because I'm not looking through her posts at all)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:... CoT. >_>. That would so terribly un-original.

I'm not sure if John would know how many pieces the stone broke up into...
... but apparently it's more than one.
But oh so funny. \:D/

Pieces usually indicate more than one. :-$

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

I'm not sure if I want in on this or not, but my suggestion would be to have anyone who wants to do this get together and divide up where to look by either forum or peoples' posts...that way the whole forum gets checked and there's not ten different people looking all in the same spot. (Maybe you guys have already done this and I don't know because I don't know how to get on the chat and don't really talk to anyone on the ToO outside of the ToO, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.;))
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

That is a brilliant idea....but we are going to need several people for the job...I'm willing to do it though.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I would do it, but I am gonna be gone from around 5 tonight 'til sometime tomorrow (Prolly in the afternoon.) :anxious: