New Economy Plan!

The ToO is going to be fixed!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

ek should have made it more expensive. :noway:

:anxious:
don't forget the rain.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Looking at other peoples amounts of money, I feel quite poor at the moment. :p

The plans a bit depressing, but I suppose it's ok.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

v-lady93 wrote:Looking at other peoples amounts of money, I feel quite poor at the moment. :p

You feel poor? Take a look at my account...:p But it's all good.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

blipadouzi wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:Looking at other peoples amounts of money, I feel quite poor at the moment. :p

lol...same here. ;)

EK, you said we have until the 12th to use up our money right? I want to wait as long as possible to buy my degree...
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Lucy wrote:ek should have made it more expensive. :noway:

ditto :noway:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

ek wrote:New item for the extremely rich is in the SEKHA shop. \:D/
A trophy, just what I've always wanted! \:D/

darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Haha... I like the trophy!! I never qualified to buy it, but I like it!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

How about another trophy for the half rich people? \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Homeward bound wrote:
blipadouzi wrote:

lol...same here. ;)

EK, you said we have until the 12th to use up our money right? I want to wait as long as possible to buy my degree...
The 12th or sooner if we can get everything set up...i'll contact you if it's sooner. :3
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Ok...thanks, EK
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Also, since this seems to be the place that everyone checks and I don't want to bother with a new anouncement (it's kind of crowded up there.).

The link to the SEKHA Blog is officially up under City Hall. Go check it out! \:D/
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I think the idea is heading in the right direction but it's not entirely there yet. I don't mean to offend you guys in anyway but I wanted to offer some suggestions. I understand the challenge presented and know you will do your best to come up with the most optimal solution.

First I would like to say that this is not the only way of dealing with this problem and second its definitely not a long term fix.

My biggest complaint against "The New Economy Plan" is that it's far from innovative. It's basically the exact same thing as before. It's not going to change our current situation. In a year from now we'll still be looking for a fix.

I agree that something needs to be done and that a complete reset of everyones account is a great idea if it actually gets us somewhere.

My suggestions if you even care. ;)
1) If you are going to go with the idea that you proposed an official reset date needs to be established before hand. Lets say every x months or when a certain $$$:User-Ratio is reached, something like that. I think its going to get annoying. Inflation will rise at an exponential rate.

2)A completely new system be implemented, one that has the least in common with the current system. No jobs. No degrees! The only way you can make money is to post. A tax across the entire board every couple weeks. Inflation will increase but at a relatively constant rate. You can still have jobs and degrees but they wont make you any money.

3) Get rid of the money.

Thanks for reading. Happy Thanksgiving!! \:D/
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Sounds cool, and complicated. :) Keep it up!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Fenix wrote:I think the idea is heading in the right direction but it's not entirely there yet. I don't mean to offend you guys in anyway but I wanted to offer some suggestions. I understand the challenge presented and know you will do your best to come up with the most optimal solution.

First I would like to say that this is not the only way of dealing with this problem and second its definitely not a long term fix.

My biggest complaint against "The New Economy Plan" is that it's far from innovative. It's basically the exact same thing as before. It's not going to change our current situation. In a year from now we'll still be looking for a fix.

I agree that something needs to be done and that a complete reset of everyones account is a great idea if it actually gets us somewhere.

My suggestions if you even care. ;)
1) If you are going to go with the idea that you proposed an official reset date needs to be established before hand. Lets say every x months or when a certain $$$:User-Ratio is reached, something like that. I think its going to get annoying. Inflation will rise at an exponential rate.

2)A completely new system be implemented, one that has the least in common with the current system. No jobs. No degrees! The only way you can make money is to post. A tax across the entire board every couple weeks. Inflation will increase but at a relatively constant rate. You can still have jobs and degrees but they wont make you any money.

3) Get rid of the money.

Thanks for reading. Happy Thanksgiving!! \:D/
Well actually the calculated system we have here can in fact work- people just need to be made to pay out as they take in. And that's part of our plan for the ED when its released on Monday you'll see what I mean- it provides continuous flow of money in and out- with a little more in for people save for extra things.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I was just noticing that more people bought contest tickets this time. :p I guess everyone wanted something to do with their money... :p
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Wow. I'm impressed. Sad that I'm going to lose all my money, but that's okay. Finally, I'll have the same amount of money that Windshear has! :badgrin: :wink: This will take some adjusting, but I'm ready for change! :)

BTW, if anyone has a spare of the Term II Catspaw doll, I'd really like to have one.

Edit: I put the last line of your last post in this post becasue most of the content was the same.
Abigail
Last edited by Kairi on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Kairi wrote:Finally, I'll have the same amount of money that Windshear has! :badgrin: :wink:
:hilarious:

yeah, for me, that's the highlight of this whole thing \:D/

;)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

DanP740 wrote:*leaves*
*gains a few more gray hairs*

This is, I think, sad. Fake money is that important to you? The people here are that unimportant? You're not even willing to see if this would work, you're just upset at losing some fake money so you're leaving?

EK said it better than I:
Jon wrote:
Candy wrote:Ummmm...This means we'll lose all of our progress over the last 2 years.... right? If so, I really really really dislike this plan
Progress as in money collecting in our bank accounts that we have no use for? ;)

Money is disposable- the items aren't so progress in that aspect isn't lost.

And I consider progress to be the relationships made on the ToO through conversations held here- the items-money-and games are secondary to that, it's a community and the main aspect of it is the people- not the features...so in essence no we don't lose all progress over the past two years. ;)
There.

If you are here for the stupid fake money, your priorities are way out of whack.

That being said, I applaud EK and Seha for working so diligently at this. EC and I looked at the problem of inflation while constructing our platform, and I found it to be horribly difficult to fix. I wanted to, but just couldn't devote the time to try and fix it. So kudos to them for trying to fix this.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Ironically enough, today's sermon was mostly about money...

I d-i-t-t-o everything ek and Jonathan said.
don't forget the rain.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Yeah I ditto what EK and Johnathon said.

yeah, it's a bit of a bummer that we lose all our money, but really...who cares? *shrugs*

This board isn't' about fake money and items. And if someone think that's what it's about, then they should reconsider.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)