New Economy Plan Part 2!

The shockers are over. o_=

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

New Economy Plan Part 2!

Post by EK »

Hey guys! Explaining part two to the plan here so let's jump right in it!

The Entertainment District-

The Entertainment District is basically an extension of the lounge which was created as a game and prize type thing. Much like Chuck-E-Cheese or an Arcade that gives out tickets and you can redeem them for prizes if you think along those lines- the Entertainment District will have entrance fees for each event we have in the ED and during the events you will get items for participating and/or winning.

Think of the ED as an arcade- you put in coins (money) to play games (events and contests) and then when you win (or even participate) you can redeem your winnings for prizes (items).

Now what makes people want the items that you can win in the ED? Hehe- there's where the innovation comes into play!

With the new job system we don't want people to just continually save up money to obtain the next degree and then repeat the cycle when you get the degree you're saving for- we want people to have a bit of fun and do a little bit of work to get their next degree. Therefore we want to introduce a new concept in the game aspect of the ToO.

Confirmation Items
We plan to have special items people need to have in their inventory for their degrees to be usable.

For example i'll use the only public example we have out there right now so not to leak anything before the reset and release.

The Gourmet Club Idea- basically with this idea people would buy food items from a Food Shop and collect special edition food items only available in the ED then from a list we would have in place people would calculate up a score for the items they own (the special edition items obviously be worth more). When they reach a certain point value they are awarded a special Gourmet Club member card- and that Card would be one of the Confirmation items for the Degrees.

This is just one example but we want to have many ways for people to get confirmation items for their degrees to be activated. This way people have to spend the money they make on the next degree AND the confirmation items- while in the meantime they are having fun playing the ED's many events and games we are planning.

The higher level degrees will have very hard item quests to go on so you can have it activated.

The confirmation system would essentially mean that you will have to "work" for your job- which will give the ToO a good bit of output of the income they are making and it would also mean that the ToO's economy would be kept in a relatively small scale (say within the hundreds and thousands) and would be easier to be kept in control so we can continue to keep inflation in check. :)

Now for another innovation for those that have been around a while you guys will get a small bonus based on your number of posts when the reset takes place...namely you will get $25 Dollars per 1000 posts and $100 Dollars if you had all of the Degrees- this is what I call a post-apocalyptic allowance...or perhaps more like minimum refunding from depression.

Custom Jobs
We want to go back to the original idea of having alot of Odyssey related Jobs since this is "The Town of Odyssey" so when the reset takes place- Custom Job names will cost money- we will have a pass in the shop that you can buy and give to us when you want a custom job name. The prices will be based on what degree you have starting with no degree...

Prices to get a custom job
No Degree- $500
1st Degree- $700
2nd Degree- $1000
3rd Degree- $1500
4th Degree- $1700

Be assured there will be many default non-custom Odyssey related jobs available to you in the jobs section of the board we want to keep with the spirit of Odyssey but also have some option for those that want custom jobs.

These plans in part two are experimental (especially custom jobs) and may be subject to change

Please post any and all feedback- we want to know your opinion on these changes- it's your ToO!
Last edited by EK on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Sounds neat to me. The change is pretty big, but I'm pretty much for it. \:D/
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Cool Cool! Can't wait for the big change to come in to effect!

Yay! Sekah!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It sounds awesome... I'm just glad I'm not the one orchestrating all the change. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Sounds good, guys. I'm looking forward to Friday.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Sounds quite elaborate...Not sure how it's going to work out, but I wish you implementers the best.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I personally need change every once in a while, and this, to me, is a perfect change.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

So does this mean all our degrees get deleted? :( I saved for a long time to get my current degree...Well all of 6 months
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Smaug the dragon wrote:So does this mean all our degrees get deleted? :( I saved for a long time to get my current degree...Well all of 6 months
Not exactly- you get to keep the degree in item form- but it doesn't have any effect on your job. I'd recommend you read Part 1 if you haven't done so already.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

This will be good... for now. However, I still do not believe any long term problems are being fixed.

Regardless, I recognize that this is a MONUMENTAL task and I applaud EK and Seha for putting all sorts of work into this. I hope I am merely not grasping your plan fully, but unless I misunderstand the specifics, I do not believe you have solved the ToO's main economic problem. :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I will enjoy seeing how this all pans out! \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

STRYPER wrote:This will be good... for now. However, I still do not believe any long term problems are being fixed.

Regardless, I recognize that this is a MONUMENTAL task and I applaud EK and Seha for putting all sorts of work into this. I hope I am merely not grasping your plan fully, but unless I misunderstand the specifics, I do not believe you have solved the ToO's main economic problem. :(
The main problem is the job system- if the job system wasn't there, then inflation would be gone forever. So we reformed the job system to the best of our ability so as not to destroy it- and we put safeguards in to stop people from advancing to quickly ala the confirmation item system.
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

Can some one explain the degree bit (I feel stupid)

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
STRYPER wrote:This will be good... for now. However, I still do not believe any long term problems are being fixed.

The main problem is the job system- if the job system wasn't there, then inflation would be gone forever. So we reformed the job system to the best of our ability so as not to destroy it- and we put safeguards in to stop people from advancing to quickly ala the confirmation item system.
Yes but they will advance, albeit slower than before, and in a year and a half or so, things will be right back to where they were....
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

*thinks she understands what STRYPER is saying* :anxious:

I'm looking forward to trying out the new system. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

STRYPER wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:

Yes but they will advance, albeit slower than before, and in a year and a half or so, things will be right back to where they were....
Not necessarily- if the future admin teams keep on innovating with items we have set in place and such with ways for people to spend money, then inflation will continue to be quarantined- we just have to pick the right leaders in the terms to come...or they could continue letting us help out with items through the ED. ;)

The way it got this way before was because people weren't spending money they take in- now they will be forced too if they want to advance.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Okay, this is the first chance I've really had to read in detail over all the new ideas and stuff... and wow... this is definitely very awesome! \:D/

I look forward to the sweeping changes headed our way! \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Eugene Kendall wrote:The way it got this way before was because people weren't spending money they take in- now they will be forced too if they want to advance.
True, it makes it harder to advance. However, there appears to still be an attainable goal and once a member reaches that goal, he will have nothing he is required to pay.

Please don't get me wrong, I think the idea of making you really work hard for your degrees is awesome and I do like the system. I just think we need something more. Members need to be charged for something they do regularly, not just obtaining things.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Good. *breathes a sigh of relief* It was everything I was hoping for and more. \:D/
...I hate marquees.