Get your job now!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Arwen Undomiel wrote:
Laurie wrote:Well, I would love to get a job, but apparently now that my money is gone I can't even buy a Work Permit.:roll: I had a job as an Odyssey Bus driver and that was taken away along with my money. Great system, everyone has to start over again.
I think ek and Seha are doing the best that they can. Its our duty as citizens to make the most of it! \:D/
Taking people's jobs and money away and making them start from scratch is a really nice "best." :roll:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Laurie wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:
Laurie wrote:Well, I would love to get a job, but apparently now that my money is gone I can't even buy a Work Permit.:roll: I had a job as an Odyssey Bus driver and that was taken away along with my money. Great system, everyone has to start over again.
I think ek and Seha are doing the best that they can. Its our duty as citizens to make the most of it! \:D/
Taking people's jobs and money away and making them start from scratch is a really nice "best." :roll:
The economy really needed help. Money wasn't worth a cent. :noway: I think that almost anyone who was elected would have come to the conclusion that the money needed reset. If you look at the economy system you can see that it was failing miserably. They're just trying to boost the value of money and make it funner to post around here and actually own ToO money that is worth something. :yes:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Arwen Undomiel wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:
The economy really needed help. Money wasn't worth a cent. :noway: I think that almost anyone who was elected would have come to the conclusion that the money needed reset. If you look at the economy system you can see that it was failing miserably. They're just trying to boost the value of money and make it funner to post around here and actually ownToO money that is worth something. :yes:
How is bankrupting people and taking their jobs away going to help the economy? Everyone has to start over and some (like me) can't even buy the permit (that was never needed before) to get a job. Why? because the "new system" has left them with no money and no job. Wonderful, that makes alot of sense. :roll:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Laurie wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:
The economy really needed help. Money wasn't worth a cent. :noway: I think that almost anyone who was elected would have come to the conclusion that the money needed reset. If you look at the economy system you can see that it was failing miserably. They're just trying to boost the value of money and make it funner to post around here and actually ownToO money that is worth something. :yes:
How is bankrupting people and taking their jobs away going to help the economy? Everyone has to start over and some (like me) can't even buy the permit (that was never needed before) to get a job. Why? because the "new system" has left them with no money and no job.
(You can currently get a job as a Odyssey Citizen without a work permit if you haven't noticed.)

And also i'm surprised you haven't noticed the change before this- discussion has been going on for a week about it- in globally anounced threads.

But yes the money system needed a change- people would buy all of the degrees, get their job upgraded to a ridiculous amount of salary, and then they wouldn't have anything to spend their money on so they put it in the bank- and it kept growing and growing and growing, and that is what you call and inflated economy, so when we did release something you had to buy- they wouldn't have to save for it or anything they could just buy it as quickly as it was released, people were giving away free HSE's with their inflated money- and basically all the fun of the money was going down the drain- now that a reset has taken place- people actually have a goal to try to obtain instead of it just being a race for the most money.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

c'mon, quit the complaining! What's done is done, so just leave it alone. Besides, we all get to experience being noobies again! :p

*waits to see how much she going to earn for her post* ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Frodo Baggins wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:
How is bankrupting people and taking their jobs away going to help the economy? Everyone has to start over and some (like me) can't even buy the permit (that was never needed before) to get a job. Why? because the "new system" has left them with no money and no job.
(You can currently get a job as a Odyssey Citizen without a work permit if you haven't noticed.)

And also i'm surprised you haven't noticed the change before this- discussion has been going on for a week about it- in globally anounced threads.

But yes the money system needed a change- people would buy all of the degrees, get their job upgraded to a ridiculous amount of salary, and then they wouldn't have anything to spend their money on so they put it in the bank- and it kept growing and growing and growing, and that is what you call and inflated economy, so when we did release something you had to buy- they wouldn't have to save for it or anything they could just buy it as quickly as it was released, people were giving away free HSE's with their inflated money- and basically all the fun of the money was going down the drain- now that a reset has taken place- people actually have a goal to try to obtain instead of it just being a race for the most money.
I never bought any degree, nor did I ever try to change my job, so it gets taken away anyway? I was perfectly happy with my job the way it was. Until the job and my money were taken away.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well you were the minority- if everyone never upgraded their job we wouldn't have had 70 million in the bank (waaaay too much) we had to consider what was good for the whole of the ToO and the whole ToO's economy was over inflated, and besides why are you mad about losing your money if you hardly had any to spend (considering you were staying at the level 1 job)? The Odyssey Bus Driver job will return with the Work Permit job releases- don't worry, but the main reason we put the work permit into effect was so that the new joiners that will stay at only one post won't take up all of the available jobs.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yay! Go Odyssey citizens! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Ek can I get my job upgrade?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Frodo Baggins wrote:Well you were the minority- if everyone never upgraded their job we wouldn't have had 70 million in the bank (waaaay too much) we had to consider what was good for the whole of the ToO and the whole ToO's economy was over inflated, and besides why are you mad about losing your money if you hardly had any to spend (considering you were staying at the level 1 job)? The Odyssey Bus Driver job will return with the Work Permit job releases- don't worry, but the main reason we put the work permit into effect was so that the new joiners that will stay at only one post won't take up all of the available jobs.
From the sounds of things the level job and the amount of money I had made absolutely no difference. They both got taken away. I had plenty of money to spend. I don't remember the exact amount, but I assure you I had a quite a nice nest egg, which would have prevented my complaining IF I still had it and the job that provided it.
readywriter
29K to go!

Post by readywriter »

Legolas Greenleaf wrote:Ek can I get my job upgrade?
Ditto \:D/
Peace I leave with you, peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth give I unto you; let not your heart be troulbed nor let it be afraid. from the book of the apostle John
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

What's with the posting money? I'm only getting $1.50 every time I post..... or somewhere around that. :(
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

huzzah I'm actually a citizen now \:D/
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Arwen Undomiel wrote:Someone already has a work permit! :huh:

I get paid for being a normal citizen of Odyssey!!! \:D/
That was me. I bought one, But Ek wouldnt let me keep it due to the fact I was only a citizen. But Clearly it states that it will raise your pay from 25 to 100, and it never had any other requirements so I bought one, and He took it from me :(
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Oh, because I just bought one. And, I think my sister did. ](*,) Ek didn't explain it. :anxious:

I want my moneys back. :x
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I know :mad: H wouldnt up my pay, and he wouldnt let me keep it :( *sadness*
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Well, well, well... Interestingggg... \:D/

So... I know I'm a grammar freak and everything but... Isn't "You are now employed as a Odyssey Citizen!" supposed to be "You are now employed as an Odyssey Citizen!"? :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Awesome, I love the system! \:D/ *dances*

Seriously, this is so clearly the best thing by far for the board. I don't see the need to complain about fake money either way, regardless.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I do. It's an evil conspiracy! :insane:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Legolas Greenleaf wrote:Oh, because I just bought one. And, I think my sister did. ](*,) Ek didn't explain it. :anxious:

I want my moneys back. :x
This cheap item will give you your entrance into the workers life in Odyssey- it raises your salary from $25 to $100 that quickly(of course you have to upgrade your job first)! Get yours today and get into the fray we call work.
The item description explains it.

Also I wish people wouldn't use the loan system or sell their stuff back to get a bunch of money- I tried to turn off loans but apparently it doesn't work.

I'm having a life at the moment. ;) But when I get back in a couple of hours all of the Work Permit jobs will be up and available.