Questions for CIA

Or prince Caspian

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

Is this::

Awsome!
100%
Agreed!
No votes

Total votes: 3

Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Questions for CIA

Post by Prince Caspian »

Mayor and CoP,
Will you charge for changes to the Rank Bar?
(such as having to get a new one?)

Red is what is done!Campiagn Promises!
Platformity Enormity!

Factions

Controlling Indecent Addictees (i.e. SPAMMERS! )

Spam is a constant issue here on the ToO. Many times, it is simply over-eager newbies who want to get in on the crazy fun! Other times, angry members go on rants and post hateful messages in every nook and cranny of our township. Well...FEAR NOT! CIA IS HERE TO...uh...STOP THIS AWFULNESS! We have come up with what we think is quite a lovely warning/punishment system.Of course, this all depends on the situation. But, considering it is being done on purpose or repeatedly, then the following rules would most likely apply.:

The spammer gets 5 Chances before a very prolonged banning:

1st - The first (especially if it is just an over-eager newbie) will be a gentle warning informing them of the rules and letting them know the consequences of their actions if the choose to continue.

2nd- The second will be a HARSH warning. Letting them know that they have continued to violate the rules, and if they choose to continue there will be consequences.

3rd- They will be banned from posting for one week.

4th- If they STILL continue, even after their first banning. They will be banned for two weeks, with a PM letting them know that if they STILL continue, an extended banning will occur.

5th- There are, occasionally, those people who either don't want to obey the rules, or just find it funny to harass people. These people will break the rules YET again, to receive a third banning, this time for a month.

6th- *sigh* Usually, that will get the message through people's heads but if by this time, they still aren't following the rules...then they will be banned for a full year. And this will probably include an IP ban as well, unless there are other ToO members using the same computer.

Monumental Moderators! COMPLETED!
Monumental Moderators!

No admin team is complete with out their trusty team of terrific moderators! JIA and I both happen to be moderators this term (in case you are either new, and don't know, or you are blind and can't see ). Choosing the right moderating team is always a big deal, and a something that should be considered carefully. We plan on having a pow-wow with Catspaw and choosing moderators based on the following criterion:

1. Activeness- It is important that the moderators we choose are active and liked members of our dear township. We don't want to choose someone who is only on once every six months...because...well that would obviously be counter-productive.

2. Responsibility- This is a rather obvious one. We want to put people in place who realize the responsibility of moderator-ship and can handle it well.

3. Trustworthiness- To some extent, moderators are in a position of power. As such, we need to be able to trust our moderators to take care of things, and to not abuse the power given to them.

4. New Moderators- We want to give everyone on the ToO a chance to serve, if they so desire. This includes newer people, and even oldbies who have never been mods before. We propose that approximately ¼-½ of our moderators will be inexperienced and new. This will allow them to have the chance to gain experience and possibly run for adminship if they so desire.

5. Global Mods- We plan to have all of the mods global. This allows for greater control on the moderating-ness. Say, for instance, there is a moderator emergency in Finneman's but none of the Finneman's moderators happen to be online at the moment. By having all of the mods global, we hopefully eliminate that problem.

6. CCDS Mod- We will be having a moderator specifically for CCDS...to take care of all of the happenings there. Hopefully, we will put in place someone who thoroughly understands the rules and procedures for CCDS, and is involved there. *cough*stryper*cough*
Christina pretty much said all that needed to be said. I’m just popping in to say “hi”

Contests Inclusively Amusing!
Everyone adores contests. JIA is the queenie-poo of contests, so I think you can expect at least one contest a month! We also want to broaden the contest spectrum and try to make them more inclusive. We want most of them to be less skill-based and more chance-based, so we are able to include all member of the board, young and old, experienced and inexperienced, at an equal level Well, I was thinking of having some chance-based contests and some skill-based contests. I myself am more inclined to skill contests, as are a number of other members. A lot of members like chance contests, though. So we plan on having a little of each. I am trying to think up a l33t idea that’ll totally blow your minds away, but I haven’t really figured out what yet. Think something like games inside of a game... But, yes, there will be Creatively Inventive Amusement.

Ranks! (aka Titles)
Yay titleness! Everyone loves new titles. Especially if they are goofy, quirky and random. Which...trust me...they WILL be if JIA and I have anything to do with it. We are hoping to put together some great titles for you all during our term, which will be released towards the end. (so that any titles that Sekha may come out with will get a chance to be properly appreciated.) And, as always, will be glad to take any of your ingenious suggestions! Yesh, they could get very crizazy! XD We decided to have them released near the end of the term so that the ones in use now will have a bit more time to show S2’s brilliancy!

Appearance
New skins are always popular! Sekha has released some awesome new themes. We think that the ToO needs even MORE variety. So...if we are elected, you can expect a few new skins to come your way!

What colors, you may ask? Well, we wouldn't want to give it all away, now would we?
*whispers* Ok...I'll give you a hint. Think “*mumbles*” *nods conspiratorially* Had to mumble out the colors or else it wouldn't be a surprise!

Gower's Field!
We know that for a lot of people, this is big. And I will admit that neither JIA or I are proficient in RPGing. SO! We decided that we would get together a Gower's Field committee of people who know a lot about RPGing and can help us come up with some awesome ideas for reviving GF. We have a few people in mind for this committee, and will get in contact with them about GF. We promise to do our very best to revive GF to it's former glory!! ! RPGing has never really been my thing on message boards. I have been in very few RPGs. But, I do know of a few people who would like to see a lot done with Gowers. Hmm… the Gower’s Field committee could be called the Powers of Gowers! *smirks*

Much Needed Updates...
The ToO Userguide and The Guide to the ToO With the new job system and job reset, those are in bad need of updating. Plus the fact that there is a new 25 Top Users list, so we plan on updating all of that as soon as possible! The guide, the user guide, and also the Master Job list have been in need of an update for a long while. As half of Trank isn’t around anymore, we decided that now would be a great time to update them!

Jobs!!
Sekha has come out with a great new Job System! We plan to continue things just as they are with new job levels, custom job tickets and the whole works!

Factions (REVISED)
So, due to recent chatter and opinions, we have re-discussed plans for factions. We both agree that it would be good to have active factions again. Others have brought forth valid and legitimate points on why we should not clear out the dead factions. 1) They've already been paid for in full and 2) If people don't like being in dead factions they can leave. So, what I thought would be a good idea to encourage some action in the factions would be to have faction vs. faction contests. Of course, members of that certain faction won't have to participate if they don't want to. An example of a faction vs. faction competition would be Israelites vs. Bones of Wrath "Faction Feud" (just an example, but I'm looking into that. ) Also, any faction moderators that have been inactive for more than a month will be replaced so that any members that want to be approved to that faction can be approved more quickly. We hope that this will more satisfactory to those of you who didn't want the inactive factions destroyed. And, to those of you who did want the dead factions to be gone, you can just leave the faction if you want.

Competent Item Adding!
Yay, items! As always, we plan to add new items! We will continue with the tradition of moderator and admin dolls, as well as making admin plushies. And we have considered the possibility of having a few of our contest prizes be...*drum roll* A PLUSHIE OF YOURSELF! We also plan on adding items throughout our term as we come up with them. We may possibly have a “create-an-item” contest or two...you never know. In short...be prepared for awesome items to come your way! The admin/mod dolls will most likely be more of a priority than the plushies. Once they are completed, we will move on to the plushies. I've also gotten a request to open up Hostein's and Finneman's again. Christina and I will be sure to talk about possible shop re-openings or possibly implementing new and improved shops.

Components In Availability
The all important question of availability. I (Christina) will be able to devote 10-15 hours a week of solid ToO time. I work on my computer all day, as well. Of course, there will be times when I will be able to commit more! I am usually on the computer anywhere from 15-30 hours a week. I have a lot of time to dedicate to the ToO as my school workload is lighter this semester than it has been in past semesters. I am usually on and off throughout the daytime hours of 7:00 AM EST to 12:00 AM EST. And since I have practically every possible form of internet contacting methods, it won't be hard to get my attention if anything comes up.

Crazily Insanitifying All!
Last but NOT least...we would like to say...we are crazy. We are insane. We are nutso. But that is what makes us such a great team! We are loads of fun, who want our term to be....well...fun! And just for Pseudo: CRABS IN AVALON! And I would like to say that no matter what time, day or night, if you need to contact me please feel free to do so. We both may be crazy, but we can also lend a helping hand if needed. I like to look at it this way: I can be totally, insanely crazy sometimes, but when the moment calls for it, I can also be dead serious (and you know I'd be dead serious because of all the times I die laughing! ) Right now, I would just like to say thanks to my running mate, Christina, for agreeing to run with someone who is totally insane and cracks jokes all the time and can be super hyper at times. Thanks for putting up with me, Christina. And I would also like to say thanks to all of you who are making it possible to us to run. Thanks to all our supporters! *will get off her soapbox now and go do something productive*
Story Arcs
So, Christina and I have been talking about story arcs. We realize that there really hasn't been a very big story arc since the summer of 2006. To get a bit of excitement built up in your systems, we decided to notify you that we do indeed have something up our sleeves concerning story arcs. I don't want to say too much or else it won't be as much of a surprise. But, if we are elected be looking for a story arc during our term!
Platformity Enormity!
Last edited by Prince Caspian on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Yes, we will be having users to buy a new custom rank to change your rank bar. :yes:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

What kind of cheese is the moon made of? :-k
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Post by Prince Caspian »

Swiss of course! \:D/
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Since when is PC a part of CIA? :-k
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Post by Prince Caspian »

I'm really JIA's second account! :badgrin:
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Pseudonym wrote:What kind of cheese is the moon made of? :-k
JIA says it's made of moldy swiss cheese...

*I* say it's made of processed-double-cream-goat cheese! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Christina wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:What kind of cheese is the moon made of? :-k
JIA says it's made of moldy swiss cheese...

*I* say it's made of processed-double-cream-goat cheese! \:D/
*is now sick*
Christina that is nasty.

;)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

CIA, why does your question thread need a poll? \:D/
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Seha wrote:CIA, why does your question thread need a poll? \:D/
A very good question to which I don't really have an answer :anxious:

(I think PC just likes making polls :yes: )
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Post by Prince Caspian »

Christina wrote:
Seha wrote:CIA, why does your question thread need a poll? \:D/
A very good question to which I don't really have an answer :anxious:

(I think PC just likes making polls :yes: )
Correct!
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

CIA, are you in cahoots with the CSI?

(I happen to be a undercover FBI agent)

Fun Beautiful Itelligent agent, to be exact.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

CIA, are you really ready to be in control of this town with only the help of some really wacky moderators? \:D/
don't forget the rain.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

How did you know we are in cahoots with the CSI? :shock: That was top secret information! :x

;)

Yes'm! We are quite ready to hand all you wacky hooligans! \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I can understand a thread being "awesome," but how can this thread be "agreed"? :-k
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Because by being agreed it means that we are agreed on it's being awesome! \:D/
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

JesusIsAlive wrote:Because by being agreed it means that we are agreed on it's being awesome! \:D/
A typical answer for someone who is is cahoots with the CSI. (JIA of course!)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I want to know... have you ever seen the rain? :-k
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Someone told me long ago there's a calm before the storm. I know it's been coming for some time. When it's over so they say, "It'll rain on a sunny day, I know, shining down like water." :yes:
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Why don't I have a good question to ask?