Problem: Board has been too fast

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Problem: Board has been too fast

Post by Dr. Watson »

All this week, I've gotten on and the board has been way too fast. I mean, normally, I can deal with it, but this is just too much. I start to click on a topic link and it opens the link before I even click on it!? I try clicking the "refresh" button on my browser but that doesn't help any. :( In fact, it just seems to accentuate the problem--I refresh, and before I can even blink, the index is already loaded! And the other day, everyone's avatar's and siggies loaded before I finished reading their posts. ](*,)

Could it be a server related issue? Or is it something that the admins can fix? Please say you can fix it, this is getting out of hand. :pray:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I think most people would love to have your problem, since the exact opposite has been the case for the most part. The board has been incredibly slow as of late... and just out of curiosity, why would you want your browser to be slow? :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I think most people would love to have your problem, since the exact opposite has been the case for the most part. The board has been incredibly slow as of late... and just out of curiosity, why would you want your browser to be slow? :anxious:
Because I like to have plenty of time to compose my posts in my head--with this really fast load speed, I don't have time to even think the first sentence before the Post a Reply page comes up. :-k

I used to want a fast board, too, but this is really turning me off. :boohoo:

Does anyone else have this problem?
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that our fast board is giving you. Maybe you should switch to dial-up! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Watson, you're getting the Post a Reply page instead of the actual thread? Now that would be a problem. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Well see, that's the thing; the speed has been pretty good when I've used my home computer with dial up. But when using other computers, such as at my college's computer lab, that's when the problem occurs most often. I'm not sure if there's a relationship or not. :-k

EDIT: Trent, I guess we cross-posted. Yes, I keep getting a Post a Reply page. It's probably a speed issue, too. I click on the thread, and it goes two pages at once??
Last edited by Dr. Watson on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Can't say I've experienced this. I'm sure it's just a glitch, and will be fixed soon. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dr. Watson wrote:All this week, I've gotten on and the board has been way too fast.

I really, truly, honestly wish I had your problem. The exact opposite has been the norm for me.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Laurie wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:All this week, I've gotten on and the board has been way too fast.

I really, truly, honestly wish I had your problem. The exact opposite has been the norm for me.

You've got to be kidding. :-s

I'm about at the point where I might just log off for a week and come back next week to see if its any better. Annoying.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Laurie wrote:

I'm about at the point where I might just log off for a week and come back next week to see if its any better. Annoying.
Yep, I'm at that point myself. You're right it is HUGELY annoying and sadly we are stuck with it being like this too.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Maybe we should all take a week off from the ToO until the issues are resolved. \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Laurie wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:
Laurie wrote:

Yep, I'm at that point myself. You're right it is HUGELY annoying and sadly we are stuck with it being like this too.
Yes. If I'm too fast, and you're too slow, it seems like the admins could adjust some setting and make everything even out, like average out our speeds or something...
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

This is really a problem, Dr. Watson...I'm not sure if we can help you at all :(

You might just have to deal with the ToO being extra-fast :mope:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:
Laurie wrote:

Yes. If I'm too fast, and you're too slow, it seems like the admins could adjust some setting and make everything even out, like average out our speeds or something...
Sadly, the admins say there is nothing that can be done. We have to live with it.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Grrr....I guess so.

I slap floor!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This was all a joke?

...you're a month too early! :noway:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

It's about always the same speed for me....which is pretty fast.

Maybe your ISP upgraded. :P

But nonetheless...think up your first sentence before you press the button maybe? ;)
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

I, too, experience such problems. Often, my replies are submitted before I finish writing them, even. In fact, I've already sent off this reply, and I haven't read a word of this thread yet.

Such humorless people you all must be, to have actually believed that Dr. Watson's complaint is that the forum loads too quickly!
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

:lol:

That was funny.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

:hilarious: This is soooo hilarious! Last night at almost midnight, Watson came downstairs and was telling me all about it....I was cracking up! :hilarious:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.