Problem: Board has been too fast

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

\:D/
Quite possibly the most funny thing I've read all week.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I too found it MOST hilarious! :hilarious:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

:hilarious: Most especially great were the responses that seemed to not get the joke from the start.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Okay... I still don't understand the humor. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

:hilarious: Too bad he didn't let it go for longer. I love playing along with things like this. :lol:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

It was fun. \:D/ I actually thought people would get the joke right away, but when everyone thought I was serious, I thought, "Hey, cool; I'll play this a little longer! \:D/ "
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Okay... I still don't understand the humor. :anxious:
*nearly dies of laughter* :lol:

ok seriously when I first read this, I knew that Watson was spoofing other threads and thought it hysterical. Then I got an even bigger kick out of people (esp Trent) not getting that it was a joke, and now, Trent's line hear has me literally rofling away.

I'm sorry trent, but this is just too funny!

Brilliant my dear Watson. Absolutely Brilliant!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Okay, call me gullible or naive...

...but I just don't find it funny. Haha.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

lol....that was funny........I was all look and waiting to see if my browser would do that.

hey, ( and this is not a joke) does anyone have a problem with their cursor? mine goes wacko on me. It first starts moving slowly across the screen and then it goes and opens and closes different lists and all on the tool bar and even does the right click list where you get properties and then it X's me out of the window. It usually does this when I'm on youtube. It is like it is telling me that I have spent enough time on there. It usually does it after 3 or 4 videos on youtube. :anxious: :-s :-k

ImageImageImageImage
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

I'm still waiting for the board add-on that will allow me to post my thoughts before I type them, or even think them...

Jackie: do you have an optical mouse? If so, you may want to put a mousepad under it, or if you already have one, a darker one. If it's a wireless mouse, check the batteries; mine used to do that when the batteries ran low. Beyond that, perhaps you should simply watch better YouTube clips. Perhaps that would appease it. If you're hard-pressed for options, clips from "At Last the 1948 Show" or "How To Irritate People" are always viable.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

The ironic thing is, after posting this thread, the next morning and afternoon I tried to post a reply but couldn't because the board was too slow. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I knew this was a joke when I read the topic title. :anxious:

Though I must lodge a complaint that the board has been working adequately for me. A little too adequately. :noway:
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Ok, I sorta fell for it....sorta. I was like, "Wait, too fast??" I sat here reading his post for a second. I thought, "He can't be serious!".

Then....I got it. That was pretty funny.

Personally, the ToO has been working pretty well for me. A few days ago it was incredibly slow, but I didn't mind one bit. Now it's good.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It is still extremely S-L-O-W for me. A real shame that nothing can be done to fix it. A couple of weeks ago it was super fast.:cry:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I know no one can do anything about it but its actually gotten quite a bit worse for me in the last couple weeks or so... there used to be occasional slow times but lately it has been more consistent, and lots of times there will be an hour or two where I can't even get the board to move at all. ](*,)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah I know no one can do anything about it but its actually gotten quite a bit worse for me in the last couple weeks or so... there used to be occasional slow times but lately it has been more consistent, and lots of times there will be an hour or two where I can't even get the board to move at all. ](*,)
Same here.:sad:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Mountain_Girl wrote:hey, ( and this is not a joke) does anyone have a problem with their cursor? mine goes wacko on me. It first starts moving slowly across the screen and then it goes and opens and closes different lists and all on the tool bar and even does the right click list where you get properties and then it X's me out of the window. It usually does this when I'm on youtube. It is like it is telling me that I have spent enough time on there. It usually does it after 3 or 4 videos on youtube. :anxious: :-s :-k
Are you saying that your mouse is moving around and clicking on specific things all by itself? If so, you have a serious problem: Someone else has taken over your computer. You most likely acquired a virus/worm that opened a backdoor for someone to get in. He's just toying with you now, but you're lucky they haven't destroyed anything yet -- they have full access to everything on your computer, and can steal your files at will. You need to get your computer cleaned up immediately. I recommend this site, which will tell you how to be completely sure you've eradicated the hacker. Follow all the instructions exactly, or get someone else to do it all for you. Whatever you do, don't wait.

Remember, folks, any time your computer does something it shouldn't do, whether malevolent or benign, or even if you just wish you could do something more easily, there's almost always a way to fix it -- you just need to ask the right person. Don't be satisfied with the status quo!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Tim Peterson wrote:
Mountain_Girl wrote:hey, ( and this is not a joke) does anyone have a problem with their cursor? mine goes wacko on me. It first starts moving slowly across the screen and then it goes and opens and closes different lists and all on the tool bar and even does the right click list where you get properties and then it X's me out of the window. It usually does this when I'm on youtube. It is like it is telling me that I have spent enough time on there. It usually does it after 3 or 4 videos on youtube. :anxious: :-s :-k
Are you saying that your mouse is moving around and clicking on specific things all by itself? If so, you have a serious problem: Someone else has taken over your computer. You most likely acquired a virus/worm that opened a backdoor for someone to get in. He's just toying with you now, but you're lucky they haven't destroyed anything yet -- they have full access to everything on your computer, and can steal your files at will. You need to get your computer cleaned up immediately. I recommend this site, which will tell you how to be completely sure you've eradicated the hacker. Follow all the instructions exactly, or get someone else to do it all for you. Whatever you do, don't wait.

Remember, folks, any time your computer does something it shouldn't do, whether malevolent or benign, or even if you just wish you could do something more easily, there's almost always a way to fix it -- you just need to ask the right person. Don't be satisfied with the status quo!
My Hero :inlove:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Tim Peterson wrote:Remember, folks, any time your computer does something it shouldn't do, whether malevolent or benign, or even if you just wish you could do something more easily, there's almost always a way to fix it -- you just need to ask the right person. Don't be satisfied with the status quo!
And also remember that only you can prevent forest fires! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Tim Peterson