Memories - My favourite ToO memory is...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Memories - My favourite ToO memory is...

Post by Catspaw »

Share your favourite ToO memory as part of the ToO's 3rd anniversary celebration! \:D/
Last edited by Catspaw on Sun May 04, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I remember when everyone started converting into "paws." That was totally awesome! And the Regis Blackgaard story arc was most definitely quite fun! \:D/
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

This thread holds a special place in my heart, because apparently it was after that thread that I started to get to know Windy! \:D/

Also, the conversations preceding this thread, and the thread itself! :lol:

And the good 'ole days of the lounge...when it first started up xD
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Mine would be the Blackgaard Arc. Shadowpaw shamelessly and maliciously manipulated me throughout that whole election ;) The giddiness I felt after reading Regis's first message as mayor and realizing what was going on as I sat in a friend's dorm room in St. Paul was of record breaking proportions, to be sure.

I also enjoyed CoT's "Here I come, Jonathan!" signature, and of course, The Minnesota ToO convention.

And I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of any right now.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Oh goodness, where do I start? :-k

*remembers*

I so enjoyed hanging out in Hillingdale Haven during those early days. I remember that AIOP ran this "Miss ToO" contest, and I won "Miss Hillingdale Haven" with one more vote than Jessicado. I believe that that was one of the first days when I really felt accepted (silly Frank and her musings).

Remember when there were like tons of AIO fan sites and everyone was trying to make an episode guide? (Yay for Jacob Isom's commentary on AIO webmasters) FBI was wonderful. I so love the memories of all of J-man and EK's witty banter and all of those little threads that were so much fun...all the happiness of Sunday's Emporium, Trank (all those times Shadowpaw and Trent would try and get me to actually go into the admin panel and do something...I was so scared I would wreck something). I loved talking to all you people (whether in a call or in a conference, or both \:D/), and I still love all the dear dear friendships that I've made here.

It's been so many years.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

The Blackgaard arc, the Star Wars RPG, becoming a Doyle, meeting all of you, running for admin with LK and Kat, being a mod, and founding All the World's A Stage are my favorite memories!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Frank wrote:Oh goodness, where do I start? :-k

*remembers*

I so enjoyed hanging out in Hillingdale Haven during those early days. I remember that AIOP ran this "Miss ToO" contest, and I won "Miss Hillingdale Haven" with one more vote than Jessicado. I believe that that was one of the first days when I really felt accepted (silly Frank and her musings).

Remember when there were like tons of AIO fan sites and everyone was trying to make an episode guide? (Yay for Jacob Isom's commentary on AIO webmasters) FBI was wonderful. I so love the memories of all of J-man and EK's witty banter and all of those little threads that were so much fun...all the happiness of Sunday's Emporium, Trank (all those times Shadowpaw and Trent would try and get me to actually go into the admin panel and do something...I was so scared I would wreck something). I loved talking to all you people (whether in a call or in a conference, or both \:D/), and I still love all the dear dear friendships that I've made here.

It's been so many years.
Lol! I totally forgot about the witty banter. \:D/ Thanks for the reminder, my memory is somewhat bad when it comes to remembering stuff like this. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I didn't know the witty banter was something that could be forgotten! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed Trank's Beauty and the Beast themed name changes. Especially Catspaw complaining about being a Wardrobe... everyone fit their names so nicely. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Remi wrote:I didn't know the witty banter was something that could be forgotten! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed Trank's Beauty and the Beast themed name changes. Especially Catspaw complaining about being a Wardrobe... everyone fit their names so nicely. :D
We did always have the best name changes, didn't we? Haha, Trent and I had many a happy Skype call thinking up everything that went into our campaign and platform...my goodness. :D I also liked the one time we did a live trivia game in the ToO chatroom and Sonuna won like everything! So much fun. CA gave us such a hard time for that game. :D

Remember Top and EB's Random Roulette of Doom? Haha! I remember that the first avvie I got was this horrid picture of Rodney Dangerfield or something like that. Haha! :hilarious:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Remi wrote:I didn't know the witty banter was something that could be forgotten! :D

*AHEM* I did NOT fit the featherduster role thank you VERY much. :noway:

;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Blackgaard Arc. Man, I freaked during that arc. Brittni thoguht it cool when I told her. I was seriously scared!

Fond memories...so many, but I can't remember ONE! The Lounge is most memorable. So many disccussions...oh my.

Catspaw reading my stories...I can never thank her (Yzma, Catpsaw) enough. At least someone can read them...even if they are all about Maxwell...hehe...

But, ah, how about, EVERYTHING!
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Well, I haven't been on that long, but I still have a few, interesting memories.

The lounge, of course was completely random. And fast moving...heh.

and

The 'paws' fad was fun, and the fad of Garfield and the same sigs and avvies.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Pacha wrote: and of course, The Minnesota ToO convention.
i would have to agree with my brother on that... that was something i will never forget...

maybe its because he was the only guy there... lol
Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Post by Prince Caspian »

What was The Minnesota ToO convention?
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Prince Caspian wrote:What was The Minnesota ToO convention?
Heres the link: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?highlig ... ion&t=9434

This was were some of the ToOers got together and met each other, pretty much, well at least I think. Anyways I wasn't there so I'm not exactly sure.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's pretty much it! :D We met, hung out, played some laser tag, and had a fabulous time! \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Some of you might remember this rather embarrassing happening....

It's not exactly my favorite memory, but it always makes me smile to think back on when I first joined. I got on, and noticed that everyone had a little donation button under their avatars. I was confused as to why I couldn't see mine. So, I made a thread asking how I could get one of those little buttons for myself. Of course, the wonderful people of this town replied kindly, explaining simply that my button was there, I just couldn't see it but everyone else could. I then felt quite stupid. But, I did get donations out of it! ...I guess people felt sorry for me... :rofl:

So anyway, that is my story. I tried to find the thread, but it seems to have disappeared. So I figured I'd just tell it. :)

One more thing...don't laugh! You could have just as easily been confuzzled. :noway:

;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

v-lady93 wrote: So anyway, that is my story. I tried to find the thread, but it seems to have disappeared. So I figured I'd just tell it. :)

One more thing...don't laugh! You could have just as easily been confuzzled. :noway:

;)
Every now and then I move all the old and no longer useful threads out of the Steps so that it doesn't get too clogged up, but if you really want to see it again, I can find it and move it back here. :)

*doesn't laugh* :noway:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Actually v-lady, you aren't the only one who's wondered about that. Lots of newbies wonder about that. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

J-man wrote:Actually v-lady, you aren't the only one who's wondered about that. Lots of newbies wonder about that. \:D/
Good, that makes me feel a little better. :p