Newbie Reference Guide

A great reference to get to know friends around ToO

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Chandler wrote: (You know... all that nice stuff... not the wild moose...)
But you should be thankful your notr a gremlin or a cannibal penguin....or a muncking
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

awesome guide!! especially the descrpitions of people!!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Thank you, I hope to add to it alot and the noobs be able to learn from it
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Thank you. It is useful to simply redirect newbies to this thread, rather than typing up a new response every time...

...hey, is there going to be WOF stuff in here at some point? I can contribute, and Eiram is here somewhere...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Can you make me a profial? (and Im not a penguin or a moose, I'm a wolf! lol) :-
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

you should tell them aboout the story arcs
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yes actually I was just thinking "I need to update the newbie guide" so im right to it, and nate I am still not done with the ever changing top ten :P
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

ALVIN ROXXORS!!! wrote:Yes actually I was just thinking "I need to update the newbie guide" so im right to it, and nate I am still not done with the ever changing top ten :P
lol! Maby I should submit some of my own reviews... :-
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

NatetheGreat wrote:
ALVIN ROXXORS!!! wrote:Yes actually I was just thinking "I need to update the newbie guide" so im right to it, and nate I am still not done with the ever changing top ten :P
lol! Maby I should submit some of my own reviews... :-
And that you can do, just PM them to me!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I was just reading your more than halfway decent n00b guide and thought I'd make a few comments and suggestions. Brove BTW for doing something surprisingly productive EK! I'm proud! =D>
HatedbyLovedbyGod wrote: Me
"Me" Is a penguin, a very very evil penguin, a cannabalistic penguin in fact. Anyway he is the #6 top poster and get this, he has two computer screens so he can be like "BOO-YAH I have 2 computer screens and you dont".
I just wanted to point out that Me is not the only one with dual monitors. I also sport dual screens in my studio... and also have a most stylish notebook on my lap. Me, you're not the only one!

Suggestions: I think you need a few more "people" entries... Top and Shadowpaw are two of the most important characters that are missing. It also would be good if you wrote about the Town Hall and explained how that relates to the ToO... perhaps explaining how the ToO came into being and why we have these NPCs and Arcs and Mayoral Elections floating about. You could also do an entry for me... just for kicks and giggles. JAred wouldn't be bad either. He still gets talked about plenty.

Anyhow, carry on EK. Way to be productive!
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Thanks for the encouragement and support David! :D (I just hope you arent trying to get my vote instead of actually trying to help me ;) ) I think im going to wrap up some item fixes and then make some faction articles before I catch up with the people articles. And TH/ToO article would be nice. If I dont get around to writing it in the near future you guys are always welcome to submit ANY articles that you want in the guide!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

David O wrote:Me, you're not the only one!
Together, my lord David, we shall rule this ToO with our dual monitors. :anxious:

But do you have two computers running dual monitors, with a dual monitor KVM switch? Wow I'm obsessive.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

HatedbyLovedbyGod wrote:Thanks for the encouragement and support David! :D (I just hope you arent trying to get my vote instead of actually trying to help me ;) )
No EK, I rally am proud of you for being a productive member of society! It's changes like this that give me hope for the future of Odyssey.

One thing I was hoping you'd clarify for me: Could you please define the word "Gremlin"? I have been awfully conffuzzlesed as to what that strange term actual means when used by you EK...

Me wrote:
David O wrote:Me, you're not the only one!
Together, my lord David, we shall rule this ToO with our dual monitors. :anxious:
Sounds like a plan... in 5 months, we shall take over! ;)
As for the KVM switch, no I don't have one of those, but if I ever get ambitious enough to do a dual system music studio (using one computer for nothing but generating instruments) then I will. I have a friend who has done that... Pianos that weigh 3 gigs sound GREAT! You just need a computer that's doing nothing but creating that sound to make it possible (or a computer with 4 gigs of ram and a seriously overclocked processor...)
Not dead yet.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Mmmmm..... I love spendy technology. If you ever do it, I need to see a picture.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I am really considering doing a long article about internet ediquette. >.>
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think that would be a good idea..
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Maybe ill write in weekly chapters or something (Though some of the people here are in desperate need of a whole reference novel on the subject)
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Yeah, after all, if you don't know it, you can't be expected to follow it. A reference guide that we all could point youngsters and noobs to could certianly be of service! Of course... many induhviduals could also use grammar guide. Perhaps I ought to work on that one EK...
; )
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

David O wrote:Yeah, after all, if you don't know it, you can't be expected to follow it. A reference guide that we all could point youngsters and noobs to could certianly be of service! Of course... many induhviduals could also use grammar guide. Perhaps I ought to work on that one EK...
; )
Well of course I am getting better at that. >.< Also I would like it to be about ediquette on the internet in general >.> . But please feel free to write (As ive stated before) any article you want in the newbie guide.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

EK needs to update the guide to reflect the fact that I am now the #5 poster, and EB has moved down to #6