Newbie Reference Guide

A great reference to get to know friends around ToO

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Newbie Reference Guide

Post by EK »

New Bios
Mayoral Staff of September to December 2005
Catspaw & Bmuntz
ImageImage
In the september elections it was again a two party election, the canidates consist of Trent DeWhite as a canidate for mayor and David O as a canidate for Chief of Police; this was known as the D&D party. The other party consisted of Dr. Watson as a canidate for mayor and Bmuntz as a canidate for Chief of police; this was the WB party. Unfortunately Dr. Watson had to leave so his shoes were filled with our very own Catspaw, and what a great decision of a replacement that was! The CB team won by around 3 votes! A landmark victory? No. But a shocking one it was.

Oudated Bios
Trent De White
This is Trent De White, he is a gremlin that got zapped in the brain when he was little. Now he can answer any question and get it right even if he dosent know what the questions about! He seems to be the current contest master as he created the hit contests "AIO: Amazing Race" , "ToO boggle", and "The AIO writing contest". He is currently a moderator of Whits End. He is the current #1 poster (as of 7/6/05) and has been a very valuble contributer to the community. He has expressed some interest in participating in the upcoming
ToO elections for mayor/chief of police. Trent is a awesome member and you can PM him with any questions, he'll be sure to get them right. :)

Chandler
Chandler is a wild moose, a rather smart wild moose, but a wild moose nonetheless. She is very cool and sometimes provoking. She has a shop set up in Crestwood Avenue appropriately named Chandler's Creative Avatars and More! Chandler has had many run-ins with our current chief of police, EB, around the forums and has made arch rivals of sorts out of him, I believe at this point chandler is winning ;). Chandler has a notable likeness to Trent De White (See above) but unlike he, she dosent get everything right. Chandler is not currently a moderator but if it is my choice next term Id be sure to make her one. Being the #2 top poster she is a overall great person and a awesome poster.

Eugene Kendall
I refuse to create my own newbie reference profile as to be biased toward myself, I want to give the newbies all the info without being biased. So if anyone wants to make one just PM it to me. Thank you :) Remember to add some kind of funny insult at the begining and then a list of accoplishments and status.
~Update~
EK is the nutcase of the ToO, literally! He is #3 poster, and dreams of one day catching up with Chandler and Trent in posts. He is running in the next elections for mayor. EK is great at RPGing, just look for his posts in Gower's field. He is very good at digital imaging and if you don't believe me check out his corner shop! Ek's great to talk to, although you can be sure that when some people get into a convo with him, it get's pretty interesting.. Submitted by J-Man
~Updated Update!~
EK is Eugene Blackgaards eternal nemisis, and is repetedly being thwarted by EB time and time again. A scruffy ladd, he puts up a good fight, but the question is will he ever prevail!? Stay tuned to... er... life?Submitted by Anonymous Afro-Man

J-Man
J-Man is a bald munchkin inside some warehouse in maine. He loves to post in hillingdale haven, eitheir that or he just loves to up his post count ;) . He is the current goof club leader, promoted by EK for helping out. J-Man is running for Chief of Police in the upcoming election. He is a very cool person overall and is great at computer coding and stuff like that. J-Man is 4th top poster overall and owns a shop called J-Mans Siggy shop/gallery it contains all of his wonderful creations. J-man is a great and funny poster, want a laugh? Just read some of his 2-way convos with people ;) .

Eugene Blackgaard
Hmmm eugene blackgaard, also known as EB is a different tpye man to say the least. ;) He dabbles in alot of things, but is always doing something, wether it be posting on the ToO or playing with his fro. EB is always busy, he is the current chief of police and is the #5 top poster as of now heh what more can I say? Hes one awesome guy :D He has greaty artistic abilities, he clearly likes the muppets....alot....he seems to be a fan of......erm poetry also he was abducted by aliens when he was a child and they stole a sample of earwax from him....how special can you get?

Me
"Me" Is a penguin, a very very evil penguin, a cannabalistic penguin in fact. Anyway he is the #6 top poster and get this, he has two computer screens so he can be like "BOO-YAH I have 2 computer screens and you dont". His name is at times confusing like you know im not talking about me I mean I am but im not im talking about the me thats not me. Ya see? "Me" is a good computer tech and likes to post in the "bump" thread. Its hard to write about him as he is so multi-dimensional that you know....well whatever.

Items

High School Equivalence
The high school equivalence is the dream of all newbies. It will promote you to the 2nd tier jobs. To get anywhere in odyssey you need this. This will be a good source of money and it enables you to be able to use other degrees to get to third tier jobs. It cost 5000 dollars so newbies, start saving! :)

Regis Blackgaard DNA Strand
This is available in the Black Market for 25,000$ quite a steep price I know, but it has a great purpose. In my speaking with shadowpaw he revealed that the faction/member that buys this item and replicates Dr. Blackgaard, will have complete creative control over Regis! That means they control his NPC, they could start full fledged odyssey takeovers. So lets see what happens with this valuble item in the future

Reference

Signature-Under each post you have is a short underscore row, and under that you usually see banners and qoutes and stuff like that. That is a signature here at ToO you buy the signature privilege in the specialty shops for 150$. It may seem steep but trust me, youll have it in no time. :) Signatures are often reffered to as "sigs" or "siggys"

Avatar-Beside each post is a mini profile of the user who posted the certain post this mini profile contains your username, your rank (if any), your post count, and among other things, your avatar. The avatar is the little square picture under the rank. You buy the avatar in the Odyssey specialty shop for a mere 25$ which is pretty cheap. Especially considering that most of the time a avatar describes your personality, such as I sometimes use crazy frog as my avvie, this shows that im wacky and insane ;) . Avatar shops are all around in Crestwood Avenue and theres also the extensive gallery. Avatars a usually known as "avvies".

ToO History

The Bennett Charles Takeover
Some time ago detective Harlow Doyle posted a thread saying that AREM was back and it was up to us to see what he was up to. Everyone was looking at his messages and trying to decode them as he would post them in random threads and PM random people with messages.Shadowpaw was thrown in jail, soon they realized someone was going to take over the board, but it was to late. Bennett Charles had came in and took over the town proclaiming himself mayor. Outlawing money, avatars, and signatures well all of the investigators went over to the TH to solve the mystery the deoded some numbers and figured out that it was the password for a bot named SENTINEL that had enough money to free shadowpaw and shadowpaw ousted Benett and restored peace to ToO. Finally releasing the results of the first ToO election
UPDATE: It has been confirmed that the AREM of this sotry arc is richard maxwell.

ToO DNA Arc Pt.1 (The bank heist)
Reference links
Odyssey bank robbery special forum
Shadowpaws Official Recap
Please check the aboved linked forum for other threads :D

Ok heres the scoop. The blackggard DNA was stolen from the blakc market and auctioned by the mystery auctioneer. AREM came back, but we found it wasnt the robert mitchell AREM or the richard maxwell AREM. In fact this AREM was evil! So anyway the bank was robbed right after the DNA was auctioned and tasha forbes came on the scene to lock everyone up (including me) so anyway everyone was released on bail and put up for questioning eventually we found out edwin robbed the bank and that he was being controlled by someone and then Glossman, Auctioneer, and the DNA dissapears! Ok yeah so just read SP's longer recap. Mine isnt that good right now :P
Last edited by EK on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 18 times in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

All n00bs please note that it wasn't my idea to be a bald munchkin :noway:
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I know....you were born that way
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

*sigh* Never mind. :noway:
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

J-man wrote:*sigh* Never mind. :noway:
Ok
Update
-Added HS equivalence article
EDIT
Update
-Added avatar and signature article
Update
-Added bennett article
Update
-Added Regis blackgaard DNA strand article
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I didn't know that about the regis DNA strand!
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

J-man wrote:I didn't know that about the regis DNA strand!
See....my sig proves true!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Well..yeah.. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Oh, so I'M not a prominent poster? :noway:
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Remeber any of you can submit articles
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The Penguin wrote:Oh, so I'M not a prominent poster? :noway:
I think your next.
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Penguin wrote:Oh, so I'M not a prominent poster? :noway:
Yeaqh EB your in the next batch
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Hmmmm...you are one fat chicken.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Trent DeWhite? Awesome? Valuable? Bah! :noway:

Great idea, Fat Chicken. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

....Im EK not fat chicken!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Well, for someone who was calling "Me" a fat chicken, you sure are defensive. ;)

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Well, for someone who was calling "Me" a fat chicken, you sure are defensive. ;)
Where?
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Eugene Kendall wrote:Shush you fat chicken!
Eugene Kendall wrote:
The Penguin wrote:I love n00bs. :inlove:
:noway: :noway: Whatever you fat chicken!
Eugene Kendall wrote:
The Penguin wrote:Don't make me stab you with my Umbrella!
Who cares about a umbrella anyway....ignore the fat chicken J-Man.....YOU STOLE TEH AVVIE

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Lol. *slaps self for not remembering* I read those, just forgot about it. Yay for memory triggers.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

By "Me" I meant me as in EB as in myself, not you. ;)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.