editing problem?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

editing problem?

Post by bookworm »

Does anyone else have problems where editing a post makes you lose money? I mean when it shouldn’t?
Sometimes if I go and edit a post, not removing anything just changing some formatting, I lose random amounts of money. Sometimes rather large amounts.
It seems to only be certain posts, but I can’t narrow it down to any specific criteria.

Edit:

It just happened again!
I edited a post, adding words, so I should have gained money, and I lost $1.33 :x
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Catspaw the Canadian's revenge :x
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Maybe in a specific sub-forum? I don't know. But that did happen to me once.... A long time ago.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Hushai wrote:Maybe in a specific sub-forum?
Seemed like it at first, but it’s happened elsewhere now. I don’t remember all of them, but the two most recent were:
I edited my thread in Crestwood, adding something, and I lost quite a large amount.
I edited one of my posts in Odyssey 105, not adding or changing anything, just coloring some words, and lost a few dollars.
From now on I’ll keep track of every time it happens and see if there’s some common factor.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

As you are a mod, does editing other peoples posts make you lose money?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It does not, but it does make the original poster gain and/or lose money. For example, if they post something that should be in a quote tag, and a mod edits in a quote tag, they will lose the appropriate amount of money for that text.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Lose money. Not loose! :mad: Lose is when something is taken away from you - loose is when something is the opposite of tight.

Sorry, that's one of my big grammar pet peeves. :P
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Yay for someone finally correcting the ever-precise ToO Historian!

:incnt: So anyway, that is an odd issue. :-k Has it still been happening, bookworm?

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know the difference between loose and lose. :roll:
That would be a typo, not a grammatical error.
But actually loose is a verb meaning to release, so it still works.

It hasn’t happened since the last one I reported, but that doesn’t mean it’s not still happening because it’s only certain posts. Even when it was happening semi-regularly to me a few months ago it was still pretty rare.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Well, it's a typo you make frequently, so I just thought I'd point it out. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Indeed it is. I have trouble typing words that have double letters. (Or are similar to words that have double letters.)

Edit:

It just happened again.
I edited this post, obviously adding what is after ‘Edit’, removing nothing, and lost $3.56
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

That's happened to me a few times. But usually it was only about $1 or less. I think when I was in Crestwood I added text and it took $2 or $3 away, and even when I didn't add or remove words it did the same thing.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, back when it was happening frequently I tried editing my Crestwood thread a few different ways, because that is definitely the thread that has done it the most, and one of the things I tried was submitting it without making any changes, and I actually lost a huge amount of money.

Edit:

Edited a post in Mafia 3, just removing one letter from a word, not even the whole word, and lost $10.32
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Crestwood definitely seems to be the most common. I keep losing small amounts almost whenever I edit there, and one time lost about $80 if I remember correctly. I mean I just changed the words to center, and it swipes about $.39-to about $4-somthing! It drives me crazy. Especially since I am always editing my shop, updating the sales and specials and such. It sure can get on one's nerves, can't it, to add three sentences and loose $3. :x
~ Walker in Dreams
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've had it happen a few times but I don't remember when and which forum.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

I just added a recommendation to my shop and lost $5.97! Add-ed. :x
~ Walker in Dreams
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Crestwood threads are definitely the main offenders. I don’t edit mine very often, but when I do it is almost a guarantee to do this. Perhaps the site has trouble figuring out how to assign cash for images, and having to frequently recalculate them when the posts are edited causes confusion.
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

I took away one sentence or so from my shop, and I lost about $25.00! I took away only one sentance.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Welcome to the club. \:D/
~ Walker in Dreams
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

atm I have [-$1.06] ' :| and I have no idea what happend
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/