The Topic Hall of Fame

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Only 2 out of the 5 are 'new', if we include the Catsville one. And AE's isn't that old, so that only leaves KF's.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I was actually unaware of the Topic Hall Of Fame...makes me feel bad for ignoring the board for five months. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I was actually unaware of the Topic Hall Of Fame...makes me feel bad for ignoring the board for five months. :(
*rubs in guilt*

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I wonder if only boys voted for this \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ve been giving the issues that have been raised recently much thought, because I don’t want anything about this to be unfair. This Hall’s reputation is still marred by that problem with July’s ballot, though I must point out that happened under the previous CEO.
Anyway, I still maintain that there isn’t anything wrong with me nominating and/or voting. I’m certain there’s no conflict of interest, because of the nature of this Hall. As AE explained, the focus is on all contributors to the thread, not any one individual. However, in order to preclude any lingering suspicions, I’m considering some changes to the nomination process.

How about a system where once a thread is nominated, it has to be seconded by at least one other person. That way they can’t automatically get on the ballot through one person, so it prevents someone from ‘self promotion’, if you want to view it that way.
It would also ensure that the threads that make the ballot are worthy, because someone will have to consciously make the decision to support it. Threads wouldn’t just be chosen without any thought. (Not that they have been in the past, but now they wouldn’t be in the future.)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

That sounds good, but what about just making a rule that you can't nominate a thread you made?

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Gaius wrote:That sounds good, but what about just making a rule that you can't nominate a thread you made?
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Seconds would get confusing.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Gaius wrote:what about just making a rule that you can't nominate a thread you made?
Because you can.
American Eagle wrote:this really isn't about topic starters - it's about the topics themselves. ToO Flowers was an amazing thread, and it wasn't just because of Regis. The topic starters won't receive compensation of any kind, so I don't believe it will be a problem.
I’m not asking for alternatives, I’m asking for input on this idea. For now it’s either going to be this way, or no change.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Who cares who nominates what? If no one else likes it, it won't get any votes.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Who cares who nominates what? If no one else likes it, it won't get any votes.
+1

And bookworm, nobody's reputation is marred. ;) I doubt half the people in this thread even remember July's mishap.
Last edited by American Eagle on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I follow this thread and without going back I don't have a clue what that is about anymore. >_>
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Wait, what happened in July? I'm serious, I don't remember either.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Who cares who nominates what? If no one else likes it, it won't get any votes.
+1

And bookworm, nobody's reputation is marred. ;) I doubt half the people in this thread even remember July's mishap.
Top and AE speak wisdom. I don't really even see the need for a change >.>

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:And bookworm, nobody's reputation is marred. ;)
I’m the CEO, if I say it’s marred then it’s marred. :x
Jesus' Princess wrote:Wait, what happened in July?
An ineligible thread was placed on the ballot. Fortunately it didn’t receive any votes so it didn’t affect the outcome.
Gaius wrote:Top and AE speak wisdom. I don't really even see the need for a change >.>
Then why did you complain? I don’t think it needs changed either, I was just addressing it because you made such a fuss that it was unfair.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I said it wasn't fair that you vote, not about the threads :-

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Can you explain specifically how it’s unfair?

-- 29 Nov 2011 12:55 pm --

Apparently not. Don’t complain about it then please.

So no changes will be made to our procedure and December nominations will begin soon.

-- 03 Dec 2011 10:27 am --

If anyone is going to post, nominations may now be made for December’s ballot.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I second the nomination. :x Let's get this over with so ToO Flowers is in already.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I nominate "Kid's" movies. :evillaugh:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.