Log of site issues

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, thank you! Just in time for the Fall Festival! :D

Interesting that this instantly fixed the problem. Do you think it was an issue with the previous server itself? Or are we working right now because the wiki is currently offline and we'll start having issues again once it's back up? It seemed to be the cause of most of the problems we had in the past, and it seems odd that we're suddenly running great right now when it's down. Though if this latest problem was just due to a dying server then the correlation would just be coincidence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks Shadowpaw! As always, you are the best.
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

Ha, this explains a lot of things! I'm glad that everything's working now!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I noticed a couple weeks ago that the visitor tracker stopped working. "Who is online" still works, but "Who was here?" doesn't.
Not a major problem if whatever happened isn't an easy fix, just noting it for the record.

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:I noticed a couple weeks ago that the visitor tracker stopped working. "Who is online" still works, but "Who was here?" doesn't.
Not a major problem if whatever happened isn't an easy fix, just noting it for the record.

It's so nice to have it working again! \:D/ When it was broken, it really made this place look like a ghost town.

In other news, when I try to access the User Control Panel I get this error message. :-k :?
The ToO wrote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ucp.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

snubspaw wrote:
bookworm wrote:I noticed a couple weeks ago that the visitor tracker stopped working. "Who is online" still works, but "Who was here?" doesn't.

It's so nice to have it working again! \:D/ When it was broken, it really made this place look like a ghost town.
Indeed!! Super happy that it was solved because it was bugging me soooo much! :lol:
snubspaw wrote:In other news, when I try to access the User Control Panel I get this error message. :-k :?
The ToO wrote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ucp.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Yeah, Bren also mentioned this to me just a few minutes ago. I looked into it and resolved the issue. Just a configuration conflict with a script that's now fixed. YAY!! :mrgreen:

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The site seemed slower to load the last couple days, but it's working great right now. Might have just been my connection.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

bookworm wrote:The site seemed slower to load the last couple days, but it's working great right now. Might have just been my connection.
It was slow for me last night and also this morning
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Nah. It’s been slow for me too.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Has been, but it's lightning fast now.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:Has been, but it's lightning fast now.
Not for me. It's still a bit slow. Particularly on my phone. Not so much on my PC.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

I have some ideas why it's being so slow randomly, but I don't think we can do much about it at this point. I'll do my best to investigate further. Thanks for the reports! It helps to know what everyone else is experiencing on here! :yes:

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

There does seem to be a higher amount of bot traffic lately than in years past. I haven't seen the guest counter below 50.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Still working great for me, and I mean lightning fast. I do not remember the last time it's run this well. Not that it was abnormally slow usually (before the last week) it had a perfectly normal load time; but this is abnormally fast right now.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The ToO has been working great for me as well.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I don't know if this is only a NewToO theme issue, but I'm probably one of only two people that use it, but the Skype button has no image at the bottom of peoples' posts. Not that it matters, just happened to notice it just now.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

DanP740 wrote:I don't know if this is only a NewToO theme issue, but I'm probably one of only two people that use it, but the Skype button has no image at the bottom of peoples' posts. Not that it matters, just happened to notice it just now.
Actually, I’m pretty sure in all the themes it’s broken. It’s supposed to show a person’s online status and change accordingly, but it’s broken. :boohoo: With the new default, we just decided to add an icon/image to cover it (and make it look fixed.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

snubspaw wrote:
DanP740 wrote:I don't know if this is only a NewToO theme issue, but I'm probably one of only two people that use it, but the Skype button has no image at the bottom of peoples' posts. Not that it matters, just happened to notice it just now.
Actually, I’m pretty sure in all the themes it’s broken. It’s supposed to show a person’s online status and change accordingly, but it’s broken. :boohoo: With the new default, we just decided to add an icon/image to cover it (and make it look fixed).
Yeah, Skype discontinued their online API, which is what the board uses to get an image that shows whether the user is online or not. With the API is gone, the image doesn't show. I put a placeholder into newToO just for you, Dan! It's not perfect, but it's a little better. :)

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Is there a way to add the social networks that have popped up since Facebook, especially since most of the options aren't really around anymore?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

DanP740 wrote:Is there a way to add the social networks that have popped up since Facebook, especially since most of the options aren't really around anymore?
I'm sure there is (looks at Eugene), but that's something that would likely happen when the ToO gets updated.