User bumped?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

User bumped?

Post by bookworm »

The mod log says "User bumped topic"
I thought that feature was disabled?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Who bumped the topic, and which topic was it?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It says Young Link bumped this post.

I don’t like it. If someone wants to bump a topic they can do it the regular way. (Post in it.) Using this mysterious ‘auto bump’ just messes with the last post. In this case the post was mine, and was made several months ago.
Apparently the bump feature copies the post and deletes the original, causing a ‘new post’ to appear. For someone like me who tracks certain posts, that is quite annoying. My post is now out of place, and from here on officially logged as being posted this morning. That throws off the numbering of things like my landmark posts I’ve been recording. Not a huge deal because those numbers are always subject to things like deletions, so what matters is I know that at the time the numbers were right, but still it’s frustrating. It doesn’t seem right that some random person can manipulate someone else’s posts on a whim.