reclaiming old statuses

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Steve
No way I broke the window

reclaiming old statuses

Post by Steve »

is there any way to view our old statuses from the pre-upgrade days? i'm assuming none of that data was archived, but i thought i'd ask. feel like cringing at my high-school self today. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You're referring to that thing that would put text on the sidebar of your posts right? (Different from the 'status' profile field we now have on the new board.)
Steve

Post by Steve »

correct. i think it sat somewhere above where the ranking is now.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

One of our Techs can chime in if this is incorrect, but from my knowledge of phpBB infrastructure there's nowhere those would be retrievable from. The only thing that might possibly be preserved somewhere would be the very last status you had set at the time of the upgrade, if that's still in the database somewhere and just not being displayed because there isn't a corresponding module for it anymore.
Steve

Post by Steve »

makes sense! i know absolutely nothing about phpBB so i figured it was worth a shot. i'll just have to imagine the beautiful cringe things i posted.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wayback Machine?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's a possibility if he can find some archived pages that happen to show his old posts, but I don't know how many actual threads they've captured. When I've tried finding snapshots of old ones it seems to usually just be the forum index page they have saved.