Increasing the Signature Size Limit

Please can we do this?!?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

What should be the Signature Limit?

400x100
11%
500x100
18%
500x125
54%
Signatures are lame! Why do you have them! :x
18%

Total votes: 28

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Increasing the Signature Size Limit

Post by snubs »

If any of you graphic designers out there disapprove of this proposal, YOU ARE NOT TRUE TO YOUR ART. :x

I would like to propose that we increase the signature size limit to 500x100. I don't see this as being a problem because it will not add any height to the image.

SO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CAN WE DO THIS? :pray:

Just think of the possibilities one could do with that extra space! Especially for those who like graphic design, like myself. =p I know this would never go through but, after playing around with different sizes, I personally would prefer 500x125. It is not that much taller/higher and you can make some awesome stuff with that size. \:D/ BUT, I am shooting for just adding the extra 100 pixels (in width) if that's all I can get. I know all you picky peoples wouldn't like the extra height. :roll: But it doesn't hurt to ask/mention it, right? :p

However, I do understand the problem in adding height, "because people already have like 200 pixels worth of text in their signatures." And speaking of text, I think we should reduce our character limit (for signatures) to half of what it is now (which is 1000). The Soda Shop only allows 255 characters. Besides, who needs 1000 characters anyways!

Below are samples I made featuring both 500x100 and 500x125. Don't knock it till you try it, peoples. :x

-------------------------------------

Anyways...Thoughts?
-snubs
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

The biggest disadvantage would be for people with slow internet and having to load even more images. (Now if the person knew enough about computers than they could just disable images all the way.)

I would, however, support few lines in signatures.

(If we let the signatures get wider than people would stretch thin pictures even wider and it would look horrible. ;-))
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Moontide wrote:The biggest disadvantage would be for people with slow internet and having to load even more images. (Now if the person knew enough about computers than they could just disable images all the way.)
This is true. But it is not that much bigger if we just add the extra 100 pixels in width. Plus most all other forums I've been on, don't actually have a set signature size..and if they do it's pretty big. I don't agree with having a free for all with signature (makes the board look bleh), I'm just saying that most forums have large signature images.

I'm still pushing for the 500x125. But if I can only get the extra 100, then I'll be grateful for that.
Moontide wrote:I would, however, support few lines in signatures.
I agree with this as well. I think text has gotten a little out of hand. I think we should have a limit on text size as well. Like you can't have it over 130. And what is the line limit now? Five? Maybe we should have so if you have an image you only can have 3 lines of text, but if you do not you could have 5.
Moontide wrote:(If we let the signatures get wider than people would stretch thin pictures even wider and it would look horrible. ;-))
This is why I should make the signatures/sets. \:D/ But really, people. Here's a tip, if the image is looking stretched, MAKE IT SMALLER...or find another image. And know that sometimes great images just won't work in signature. I know it's hard, but it's true. =[
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I totally agree with this. :yes: With our current size it makes it harder to find pictures that will look good and not be stretched or disfigured.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t care one way or the other. I would support this, because I’ve been in situations myself where I was making something and went ‘Ugh! If I could just use a tiny bit more width!’ But I wouldn’t mind if it didn’t change either because I’ve been able to make it work eventually. You just have to mess with it.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm all for 500x100. Make it so.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I also support the expansion of image width and the reduction in allowed lines of text
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!

Post by 31899 »

Sorry, the moral guardians have decided this is definitely blasphemy and we will all need to be incinerated. :(
Last edited by 31899 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

31899 wrote:Sorry, the moral guardians have decided this is definitely blasphemy and we will all need to be incinerated. :(
Um...what?

Just for fun I made these signatures featuring all the sizes so you all can compare clearly.
400x100:
Image --Sold to Termite

500x100:

500x125:
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I vote for the highest image size, and less lines, all the way. \:D/
merp.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

snubs wrote:And what is the line limit now? Five? Maybe we should have so if you have an image you only can have 3 lines of text, but if you do not you could have 5.
I thought that was what decided one of the previous terms when I was a mod. :-k Because I remember discussing it; I thought it was implanted...

...because I remember bookworm getting irritated with me when I told him to shorten his twenty-line length signature. :- Oh, those days.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It wasn’t that long, and I wasn’t irritated I was amused because of the context.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

...Sooo, can we make like an official vote on a new size (like announce and globalize it)? Please? Catspaw?
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I think making it wider would be okay.
I never remember I even have a signature...
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This poll doesn't show much consensus. :anxious:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

American Eagle wrote:This poll doesn't show much consensus. :anxious:
I know, that why I'm asking for another vote. An official one.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

More people want to ban signatures than keep them at the current size.
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Who wants to ban signatures? :-s
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Me.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »