Monty

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Monty

Post by bookworm »

I’m getting worried about Monty. Maybe I’m just overanxious because of what happened with KF, but it doesn’t seem like him to just up and vanish like this so completely. I know he gets busy and isn’t able to come by for lengths at a time, but if this was one of those I would have thought he’d at least drop us a quick line as a heads up, especially knowing that there are several people waiting on him as he left in the middle of an event. Does anyone have any information on his disappearance that would put me more at ease?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm a bit worried to, bookworm. I mean, obviously something must have come up. I just hope it was nothing too serious.

Unfortunately, I don't have any way of contacting him other then PM.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

His account has an email button, I'll shoot him a message. Maybe he's still checking that.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Oh, good. I was just going to check if he had an email on his profile.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I was wondering the same thing, I've been praying for him a few nights this week, I hope everything's fine, and that he's doing ok.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I'm worried about him as well. I have his email, and I've emailed him several times to check in and make sure things were okay, (especially since he disappeared in the middle of AR and other things) but I never got a response. A few days ago Whitty Whit told me that he messaged Monty on Facebook, and would let me know if he responded there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The email address used on Monty's account is also being used by a guy on Facebook who Bren, Shennifer and Whitty Whit are friends with. I'm assuming it is Monty. He updated his profile picture on April 22, which was long after he became inactive here. Could one of you guys give us an update on him?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

American Eagle wrote:The email address used on Monty's account is also being used by a guy on Facebook who Bren, Shennifer and Whitty Whit are friends with. I'm assuming it is Monty. He updated his profile picture on April 22, which was long after he became inactive here.
:-$ The stalker in AE comes out. ;)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
American Eagle wrote:The email address used on Monty's account is also being used by a guy on Facebook who Bren, Shennifer and Whitty Whit are friends with. I'm assuming it is Monty. He updated his profile picture on April 22, which was long after he became inactive here.
:-$ The stalker in AE comes out. ;)
:huh: I'm not sure if I should be intimidated or impressed. *considers unfriending*

But yeah, it's more than a little disconcerting when somebody disappears offline out of the blue. Yes, most of the time the internet is a place of transience and anonymity, but when you've become part of a closer network of friends, it's nerve-wracking for everyone else if you just leave and never come back. Especially given the ToO in particular, if you disappear without an explanation you'll either make people really frightened that something has happened or you'll make them rather sad that your apparent friendship was so insubstantial that they had no qualms about up and leaving unannounced. That being said, there are a perfectly good number of reasons that someone might not turn up online for a while, with unavoidable, long-term IRL commitments being the most likely explanation for such an absence. :shrugs:
Last edited by Amethystic on Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I do know he just graduated high school so he could be busy with the things surrounding that.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Guys, I have to beg your forgiveness. I know that there was a lot of responsiblity you guys placed on me, and I apologize for having thrown it all away. My grandpa died at the time that you noticed that I "dropped off the grid", so to speak. We were fairly close, and I was having trouble reconciling the God I know who saved me and is all powerful with the God who would let my grandpa die. I know that's a lot to throw on you, and I'm not looking for sympathy, but I have to tell you, it was a battle just getting on here. We were making preparations for my grandpa's burial, I was getting (and still am) about fifty hours a week total with my two jobs, and desperately trying to maintain my grades for graduation and in my college classes, while still having this struggle with God. It's only now, on vacation, ironically enough, that I have come back, and I do apologize again for that.

My thanks to all of you, especially bookworm and Bren, for checking up on me. I love you all, and I am glad to be back, for good this time. I wish I had been here to finish up our events, and I thank you, JP, for being there to take over everything. From what I can see, you did admirably, though I again am so sorry for not being there.

Sam and AE, congrats! I wish you guys the best and look forward to a great term with you.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Best wishes Monty. Said a prayer for you. (I hope you like your avatar. =)
~ Walker in Dreams
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Yes, I was trying to remember how I would have gotten that...
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Glad to see you're back and okay, Monty! :) I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa - I know that must have been really tough to go through. :pray:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Great to see you back, Monty. =] I'm sorry to hear about the news...I'm sure it's difficult.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Don’t worry about it at all Monty. I wasn’t upset that you weren’t logging in, I know things come up. I just wanted to make sure you were still alive.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Ah. Monty did return. Glad to have you back Monty. (I've been gone for a while, so that's why I'm late.)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY