Questions for Team *~SamAÈ~*

Come on, ask us questions! You know you want to. ;)

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

American Eagle wrote:Personally, I oppose increasing the limit. Shocker. I've run two shops here in town and I understand the struggle to fit creativity into 400x100 pixels. However, I believe that that sacrifice results in a tidier forum and it decreases the loading time for those of us with slow internet connections. That being said, I don't plan to stand in the way of progress.
Well if anything, I ask for increasing the width (500x100) because that would not take up any space that is normally used by text.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

What's the problem with the siggy size as it is?
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:If SamAÈ agrees, would you be willing to work with me on coming up with some kind of rules for the signatures?
Indeed. An official signature size coalition is something I would be highly in favor of. To ensure some serious thought is put into this and suggestions aren’t just being thrown around for the fun of it.
American Eagle wrote:Having an organized proposal for the admin team is always a good way to get things done. \:D/
Bribery is always good too. \:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Could someone provide evidence of how much slower 500x100 sigs load as opposed to 400x100 so we can see if there's actually a problem?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Er, I have some of the slowest Internet around, and honestly, 500x100 images (or any image around that size) honestly does NOT take much time to load :anxious:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

In my experience, the width of 400x100 is never the problem. If you take any stock image off the internet and try to crop/resize it to fit 400x100, you'll need more height, not width. I don't see how making things wider does anything positive for the town. It just makes things bigger.

I'm reminded of a good movie quote that seems to apply here.
-the obese mayor from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Learn from the mayor who grew too big. Stay small. Stay sleek. Stay classy.
-AE
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well, I'm just saying if we can't get height, then at least let us of have the width. Because you can still make some pretty neat signatures with the extra width.

Here are signatures I made for the SS (they allow the extra width)...and all of them are under 100 pixels tall.

Yes, having the extra height would be GREAT...even just an extra 10-15 pixels instead of 25 would be appreciated. But I would still every munch enjoy the extra width if that's all I can get. *nods* Because all that empty space on the side of signatures annoys me.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:In my experience, the width of 400x100 is never the problem. If you take any stock image off the internet and try to crop/resize it to fit 400x100, you'll need more height, not width.
My experience has actually been the exact opposite. :-k
I can usually get things to look fine height wise, either shrink enough or crop enough unnecessary to make what I want to show fit, but what hangs me up is needing about 30-50px more length.
It probably depends on what you’re trying to show.