If I ever disappear.

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

If I ever disappear.

Post by bookworm »

I’ve considered posting about this in the past and the combination of Monty’s disappearance and KF’s news finally made me do it. I don’t mean to be morbid, but this needs to be said. Just for your information.

I don’t think anyone I know in real life really knows about this website, so if anything ever happens to me it’s not likely you’ll be notified. I’m thinking of how we learned about SnC for example. That wouldn’t happen. I would simply disappear and you would all be left wondering what had happened and possibly never get an answer. I don’t want to put you through that, so this is an attempt to give some preemptive closure.

If I ever disappear for more than six months, I mean really disappear, just drop out of the picture completely without any announcement beforehand or notice during, you can assume with pretty sure confidence that something drastic has happened. If something is causing me to be away for an extended time I will always let you know, either before, if I know about it, or if it’s something unforeseen I will find a way to drop in as soon as I can and let you know something is up and that I won’t be around for a while.

Again, I don’t want to be morbid or upset anyone, God willing things will never come to this, but I just had to get that out to you because I really don’t want anyone to ever be anxiously wondering if something happened to me or if I just left or what was going on. To me, not knowing what the situation is is actually worse than knowing something tragic occurred, because in the latter at least you can begin to cope while in the former you have no idea whether there is actually anything to cope with. I don’t want to put any of you through that uncertainty.

Okay now that that’s out of the way please don’t dwell on it, I just had to make sure it was posted on the record for if it’s ever unfortunately needed.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Maybe there is a person you trust here to give another form of contact to check in on you? Besides that, clearly we're praying we never need to worry about you or anyone else going missing. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have considered that, and may one day. Or set up something like this.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Hmm that sounds good. Cause I really have no one else other than my brother to alert what happened to me.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Well, I can always track you down, so I'm good. Thanks for the warning though.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks WW, that's comforting. :roll:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I have thought about this from time to time. I used to wonder if my brother (who knows about this site) would think to share the news of my death with you guys. As the years went on, I started adding ToOers on Facebook, and today, I think I'm friends with around 25. My family knows how to get access to my Facebook and let everyone know.

Facebook makes life a little more worry-free. :-

bookworm, if you want to share your information with me privately, you know I'll keep it permanently secure.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks AE. I'll keep you and a couple other people in mind for if it ever comes to giving emergency contact info.