Guest watching

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Guest watching

Post by bookworm »

I have a new hobby. As there aren’t many birds in this corner of the internet, I’ve begun watching guests. Just to see what they look at when they poke around. You can’t tell which are real guests and which are just logged out ToOers, but it’s still kind of fun.
I saw two interesting sights yesterday:

I didn’t know guests could mail! :P

This was a very special sight, a new life coming into our world! I felt like a proud parent. ^.^ But no one ever joined. :(
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

That's interesting.

Maybe next time though. =}
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

There's a guest viewing the User Control Panel right now...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When people who are not logged in click on stuff that only members can see, it will prompt them to log in, but on the viewing section, it will still list them as looking for what they're trying to access. So people who are not logged in cannot see private messages, but then can see the page that would take them there if they do log in.

As for the new account, the above explanation could be the answer, or it could just be because new users don't show up until I activate the account. We still can get a lot of spam accounts sometimes, so new users won't show up until I activate them.