How did you get that username?

That one you be wearing..

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Laurie wrote:Laurie is my first name.
Well that's deceptively simple. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

As all the Whovians on the board probably guessed, I chose my username partially because of Sally Sparrow in "Doctor Who". I also chose it because of a character named Vrell Sparrow in the fantastic Blood of Kings trilogy by Jill Williamson. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I chose mine after brainstorming options with Dr. Watson when I first joined the TH. \:D/ It fits me.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Once upon a time when I was a wee lass my mother bestowed an origami book to me for my 6th birthday. Thus began a love for the art of paper folding and due to the fact that I was/am a bit a of a tomboy I did not want to be OrigamiGirl, so I joined under the username OrigamiKid (much more spunky :D ).

Throughout my time on the boards I have appreciated and admired countless other users...once such user is none other than our very own Laura Ingalls. During one term of office the admins changes all the usernames of the Mods to Little House on the Prairie characters...I wanted in on the fun and (with Laura's approval) changed my name to Carrie Ingalls. This also marked a personal change as (due to a number of factors) I spent far less time posting in HH and then...sort of faded from the active users as academics took over my life.

haha, now I feel like an old fart. :anxious: \:D/ <-this is my all time favorite smiley!! I wish I could use it everywhere!
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Carrie Ingalls wrote:Throughout my time on the boards I have appreciated and admired countless other users...once such user is none other than our very own Laura Ingalls. During one term of office the admins changes all the usernames of the Mods to Little House on the Prairie characters...I wanted in on the fun and (with Laura's approval) changed my name to Carrie Ingalls. This also marked a personal change as (due to a number of factors) I spent far less time posting in HH and then...sort of faded from the active users as academics took over my life.
Awww, you're so sweet, Carrie! :D *fond memories of that (short) term*

Top was just perfect as Mr. Edwards, wasn't he?! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Top was just perfect as Mr. Edwards, wasn't he?! \:D/
I just LOLed. Literally.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Up to this moment I thought you guys were sisters in real life. I'm such a idiot.

I wanted something cool and patriotic so I chose American Eagle (referring to a bald eagle). I was a sheltered homeschooler, though, so I hadn't even heard of the 'worldly' clothing company at the time. ;) To be honest, I don't even like the name anymore. But it's eternal. I sometimes refer to myself as AE in the third person, not American Eagle.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Mine isn't really anything special. As you may have guessed, my first name is Christian, and my last name begins with "A." Christian A.

But, at the moment, I can't think of anyone else who has a similar username, so maybe it is unique, in its own way. ;)
Last edited by Christian A. on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I actually signed up as d'arcy originally, because people named Darcie have a hard time coming up with usernames due to their already creative given name. But the old system didn't like the apostrophe and I had it as darcy for awhile, but that was just confusing because at that point, why bother. So real name it is.

The only game-related username I kept for a bit was Ivy. It was a Christmas thing, but it was also my favorite camp counselor's camp name (she was also a Darcy in real life), and the comic villain I would most be like if I were to have some scarring backstory that made me evil.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm sure I've been down this road before, and there are probably threads explaining it in detail, but since I am here at work waiting for a call I will type about it. :x

In second grade my best friend and I liked to play "army" and run around and pretend to shoot things/people. So I was like "hey we should have a name for ourselves." and he said, "How about the Top Crusaders?" and henceforth that was our team name and over the years and decades to come we'd draw comic book adventures of ourselves, etc. Anyway, one fateful day a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL OF AOL floppy arrived and I got on the interwebz for the first time and had to come up with an AIO account, and I didn't know what to use other than "thetopcrusader," and I pretty much have used a variation of that on forums and internetty things ever since. \:D/
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Well my first name,Conquestor, was brainstormed it on the first day I entered the internet RPG world. Then I got Blitz from Blitzkrieg or in English lighting warfare.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Sparrow wrote:As all the Whovians on the board probably guessed, I chose my username partially because of Sally Sparrow in "Doctor Who". I also chose it because of a character named Vrell Sparrow in the fantastic Blood of Kings trilogy by Jill Williamson. \:D/
Nawwww... you picked it because you are the biggest fan of Taps' and my band.

BEHOLD: SPARROWS
he/him | a little stinker.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm sure I've been down this road before, and there are probably threads explaining it in detail, but since I am here at work waiting for a call I will type about it. :x
Well, I'm thankful that you had to wait for a call. More eccentricities of Top! \:D/ I'm also grateful for AOL (does that even exist anymore?), because if Top hadn't discovered teh AIO interwebz, where would we be as a forum? :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I was searching for something that was a subtle nod to one of my favorite fandoms and would allow other Whovians to spot me, without going for something oh-so-classy like "theDoctorsnextcompanion<3".
Well, "The Doctor's Wife" is one of my favorite episodes, and 'petrichor' is a seriously awesome word, thus, Petrichor was created! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:My original name was TigerintheShadows, but then The Hunger Games came out and a ton of people (Musical Shutterbug, Marvin D., and others) changed their user names to reflect that. I despise THG and thought it was time for a change, and therefore I requested my name to be changed to one of my favorite characters--Harry Potter's very own Ginny Weasley.
For some reason, this made me smile...possibly because I remember having awesome discussions on why you didn't like the series :p
Really? When was this?

AE, I don't mind telling you that I seriously thought you named yourself after a clothing company. :p
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

TigerintheShadows wrote:AE, I don't mind telling you that I seriously thought you named yourself after a clothing company. :p
So did everyone else apparently..not sure that I did though. :-
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t. When I first saw his name the only thing I thought was ‘patriotic’ because I didn’t even know there was a company named that. :anxious:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
AE, I don't mind telling you that I seriously thought you named yourself after a clothing company. :p
As did I, it took me a few months to stop associating your username with that store :P

Quote tags fixed ~Woody
TigerintheShadows

See, now whenever I see American Eagle clothing I'm reminded of the user, so the tables have turned. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I chose my username because I wanted to confuse people and not have people know who I was. So I remembered seeing this username once a long time ago and thought it was interesting so I thought that I'd steal it for myself.