The Lounge of the Summer Forecast!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Just enter with my cynical mentality, Laura. Think, "I'm just going to randomly guess, even though I'm going to be wrong. But whatever." Then, when you don't win, as will most likely happen, it won't be a surprise. And if you somehow DO win, bingo!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:We want the pictures of the gas prices! :protest:

I'm going to be way off. :( I thought the prices would rise with all the holiday traffic....apparently not. Boooooooooo! :noway:
I was thinking that myself, and I know they definitely rose here this weekend. Oh well :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I thought the prices would rise with all the holiday traffic
I thought of that after I made my guess and was upset with myself. I'm surprised and glad it didn't matter.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Question: Is the Despicable Me 2 forecast based on the 3-day (Wed-Thurs-Fri) or 5-day total?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Weekend numbers are always based on the first Friday, Saturday and Sunday of a movie's release.

See here:
http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Yeah, Box Office Mojo is where I usually go to get my weekend forecasts. So, yeah, I was aware that the estimates are based on Fri-Sat-Sun numbers. But Despicable Me 2 was released on Wednesday, so the "weekend" number is generally being based on the 5-day period that it was out. I wasn't sure which one you'd be basing our competition on. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Christian A. wrote:Yeah, Box Office Mojo is where I usually go to get my weekend forecasts. So, yeah, I was aware that the estimates are based on Fri-Sat-Sun numbers. But Despicable Me 2 was released on Wednesday, so the "weekend" number is generally being based on the 5-day period that it was out. I wasn't sure which one you'd be basing our competition on. ;)
In that case, everyone failed, because the movie made like $140M over the 5-day period. \:D/ I wouldn't have projected $70M if we were including the weekdays.

Also, I've never known anyone to consider Wed-Thurs-Fri to be the "opening weekend", so I don't think we'll start now. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

What was the donation for? \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I know. I have yet to win a ticket for being right on a prediction. =p So I am definitely not dominating. :boohoo:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

bookworm wrote:What was the donation for? \:D/
Answer the question you Eagle of America.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Oh, I gave out $10 for every ticket people had won from weeks 1-5. I announced it during the first week, but it hasn't been mentioned for awhile.

More money will be dished out for weeks 6-10, since you guys like it so much. \:D/

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

snubs wrote:I know. I have yet to win a ticket for being right on a prediction. =p So I am definitely not dominating. :boohoo:
AE! You sent that message to everyone?! I thought I was special...:(
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A form letter donation? I'm hurt. :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Grrrr, I missed the deadline. :( I was busy yesterday and was thinking the deadline was tonight or Sunday - I was thinking of the stache contest.

The National League will RULE anyway. :noway:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I was gone but even I know the AMERICAN LEAGUE WILL WIN!!!!!!
sorry to all you NL fans out there but it is true.
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I counted a total of 43 people, which is far above the range I suggested and more than 10 above the highest prediction, so no tickets were won last week. Oh well.
Was there a dog?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I counted a total of 43 people, which is far above the range I suggested and more than 10 above the highest prediction, so no tickets were won last week. Oh well.
Was there a dog?
There actually was a dog on the church property at the time, but she wasn't involved in the reunion, sorry. :P