Mr. Woody, may I have a moment of your time?

My, what a handsome snuggie you're wearing!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

Mr. Woody, may I have a moment of your time?

Post by The Scribbler »

Hello. I'm The Scribbler, with the Odyssey Tattler?

Mr. Woody, would you care to comment on the recent anonymous tip a member of my staff received just this morning?

According to my staffer's source, you've been eating nearly three times your daily recommended salt intake.

You deny it?

How then do you explain the photograph we obtained just this morning as you were salting your bacon and eggs?

My intrepid photographer Dabner managed to snap this photo just before Woody allegedly threw a cookie jar at the poor fellow.

So Mr. Woody, how do you respond to these allegations? And are these dubious actions becoming of someone in leadership? My readers have a right to know the truth.
Last edited by The Scribbler on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Yeah, Ms. Woody, what are you up to?!?!?

By the way, who is Ms. Woody? :-s
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

Woody wrote:Yeah, Ms. Woody, what are you up to?!?!?

By the way, who is Ms. Woody? :-s
My apologies, a typo. An overeager intern edited my post beforehand, he must have goofed it up.

Now, Mr, Woody, care to explain your excessive salt use to my readers?
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well, I think it's obvious that you've got the wrong Woody. :noway:

First of all, I had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast this morning.

Second, I happen to be allergic to bacon, and all pork products, in fact.

And thirdly, I can guarantee you that you will not find a single salt shaker(or any vessel) full of Sodium Chloride(Table Salt) in my house. My family uses Potassium. :yes:

You may want to speak to your staff. It seems they are failing to do their jobs right. First your photographer gets the wrong Woody, then your intern changes me to be "Ms. Woody". What's next, an article about how much I love mayonnaise?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

Woody wrote:Well, I think it's obvious that you've got the wrong Woody. :noway:

First of all, I had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast this morning.

Second, I happen to be allergic to bacon, and all pork products, in fact.

And thirdly, I can guarantee you that you will not find a single salt shaker(or any vessel) full of Sodium Chloride(Table Salt) in my house. My family uses Potassium. :noway:

You may want to speak to your staff. It seems they are failing to do their jobs right. First your photographer gets the wrong Woody, then your intern changes me to be "Ms. Woody". What's next, an article about how much I love mayonnaise?
Aha, so you admit it! How long have you been using mayonnaise Mr. Woody? I'm sure the readers would love to know.

The staffer in question is one of my most trusted minions. If his source said you had bacon, then you had bacon. I trust my staff exclusively.
Woody

Post by Woody »

HA! I trapped you! I happen to absolutely hate mayonnaise! :sick: Nice try, Scribbler! :neener:

Well, I apologize that your trust has been betrayed. :( If you'd like, I could help you find some new employees. :)
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

Woody wrote:HA! I trapped you! I happen to absolutely hate mayonnaise! :sick: Nice try, Scribbler! :neener:

Well, I apologize that your trust has been betrayed. :( If you'd like, I could help you find some new employees. :)
Whether or not you use mayonnaise is irrelevant.

No thank you, the hiring department is one department I do not require assistance in.
Woody

Post by Woody »

The Scribbler wrote:
Woody wrote:HA! I trapped you! I happen to absolutely hate mayonnaise! :sick: Nice try, Scribbler! :neener:

Whether or not you use mayonnaise is irrelevant.
So the question you just asked me is irrelevant? Why, then, did you ask it?
The Scribbler wrote:No thank you, the hiring department is one department I do not require assistance in.
Alright, but if you ever do need me, just shoot me a PM. :)
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

The question was merely a tactic, a subtle way to test you out, see how you reacted to questioning and the possibility of a scandal.

My brief interaction with you has told me everything I need to know. Our next encounter will be much different.

Stay sharp Woody. I'll be watching, ready for you to trip. And when you do, the Tattler will be there. Count on it sir.
Woody

Post by Woody »

There is much about me you have yet to learn. I'm not afraid of you and your little tabloid, Mr. Scribbler.

Though I have most enjoyed this little debate of ours. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

While it is admirable to seek out and bring to light corruption and scandal, I think there are more substantial ways to do it than scrutinizing eating habits.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Bookworm, is it not our responsibility as law-abiding citizens to scrutinize every single detail concerning this administration? Consider, for example, what could have happened had people not considered a lonely rock in the United States: Teapot Dome, suring Warren G. Harding's presidential administration.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Monty wrote:Bookworm, is it not our responsibility as law-abiding citizens to scrutinize every single detail concerning this administration?
No. Every detail that affects their ability to serve the community, yes. But that isn't every single detail.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

So, it is your belief that the health of our governing officials (which would certainly be affected by what they consume) is not relevant to their ability to serve the community?
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

*sigh* Shouldn't this be locked? I mean think this topic has been used for them. Either lock or change the title to The Debate Thread. Please.
Last edited by Agent 86 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I could be wrong, but as long as the topic of discussion continues to focus on the intent of the original question being asked, then we are completely on topic.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Ok then.
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Monty wrote:So, it is your belief that the health of our governing officials (which would certainly be affected by what they consume) is not relevant to their ability to serve the community?
Not at all. If there were relevant, substantial health concerns than we should definitely look at potential eating habits that could compound them. But a single accusation of high salt intake isn’t in itself a substantial concern.
Monty wrote:I could be wrong, but as long as the topic of discussion continues to focus on the intent of the original question being asked, then we are completely on topic.
Yes, but I believe he was more inferring that it was spam than off topic. You can have a spam thread that’s entirely on topic.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Woody wrote:Second, I happen to be allergic to bacon
This is the saddest sentence that I have ever read on this forum.
*insert provocative quote here*