Questions for LimeDoils

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Questions for LimeDoils

Post by Knight Fisher »

*Mr Whit has been hurt! Where does Whit have his battle injury from World War II?*

What's your response to the controversy?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

What is your position on the ToO's possession of the board-destroying missiles?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

Probably whatever will be most controversial :)
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

*holds up microphone* Will you be adding any MAJOR changes? If so, what changes would they be? *grabs notepad*

EDIT: Three other questions,
Why is this topic not a sticky?
Why isn't the Moosewood Question thread archived?
and
Why isn't the D in LimeDoils in CAPS?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

It is likely that there will be some sort of major changes coming, we have a decently major change coming shortly, as well as a new event we just posted, The Eighth Wonder of the ToO, go check it out!

Further changes will come along on an as needed basis, but don't worry, we intend to keep you all informed.

As for why LimeDoils isn't capitalized, well, because KF didn't make it that way ;)

The suggestion of making this a sticky however is an excellent one and will happen as soon as this post is done.

Already ready to be done with Moosewood? :p No, no, I get your point, but, at this point, it really seems to be in the best place. Ruins doesn't really have a place for it at this time, and, honestly, I am not sure it makes sense to just creat a section.

We are planning a lot though, so stay tuned!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Limerick wrote:It is likely that there will be some sort of major changes coming, we have a decently major change coming shortly, as well as a new event we just posted, The Eighth Wonder of the ToO, go check it out!
This sentence is practically screaming at me because the overuse of commas (and, thereby, lack of a stronger form of punctuation/some other strategy for connecting these clauses) causes the sentence to go, "HELLO, COMMA SPLICE RIGHT HERE, YO."
Therefore, I demand to know what the policy shall be on comma splices, because they are an egregious misuse of the English language.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

T.S. (myself) wrote:What is your position on the ToO's possession of the board-destroying missiles?
Again, we are not in possession of functional weapons of domain destruction at the current time, the program is still in development. Continuing to exaggerate the situation will only cause mass panic.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

What do y'all think of oxford commas?

Are there any plans for the mafia game that has been stagnant for months?
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

bookworm wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:What is your position on the ToO's possession of the board-destroying missiles?
Again, we are not in possession of functional weapons of domain destruction at the current time, the program is still in development. Continuing to exaggerate the situation will only cause mass panic.
If I told you, I would have to kill you. Plus, if such missiles hypothetically existed, they would already be in bookworm and the Magic 8 Ball's capable hands. The SS is not at risk.
Marvin D. wrote:
Limerick wrote:It is likely that there will be some sort of major changes coming, we have a decently major change coming shortly, as well as a new event we just posted, The Eighth Wonder of the ToO, go check it out!
This sentence is practically screaming at me because the overuse of commas (and, thereby, lack of a stronger form of punctuation/some other strategy for connecting these clauses) causes the sentence to go, "HELLO, COMMA SPLICE RIGHT HERE, YO."
Therefore, I demand to know what the policy shall be on comma splices, because they are an egregious misuse of the English language.
Yeah, I will give you that one. That was pretty bad. =D>

"It is likely that there will be some major changes coming, and, in fact, we have a change I find fairly significant coming shortly as well as a new event we just posted - The Eighth Wonder of the ToO. Go check it out!"

As for commas being overused, they are, well, at least it could be said that they are, rather, quite, and completely, glorious things which all should use properly.
radgeek wrote:What do y'all think of oxford commas?

Are there any plans for the mafia game that has been stagnant for months?
I think the Oxford Comma is a needed and necessary thing, in my opinion. Particularly when dealing with attributive clauses.

This morning, I talked to my brother, my hairdresser and my best friend.
vs.
This morning, I talked to my brother, my hairdresser, and my best friend.

To me, these pretty clearly have different meanings.

As far as Mafia, yes, definitely, expect some excitement in this realm; we already have something planned :) (Like that semi-colon, Marvin? ;p)

Don't be afraid to start your own games though!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Limerick wrote:Already ready to be done with Moosewood? :p No, no, I get your point, but, at this point, it really seems to be in the best place. Ruins doesn't really have a place for it at this time, and, honestly, I am not sure it makes sense to just creat a section.
They just get moved into the City Hall root forum. :)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

bookworm wrote:
Due to previous information, I was of the impression that the missiles had not only been designed and completed, but that they had been tested and annihilated a MLP board.
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

T.S. (myself) wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Due to previous information, I was of the impression that the missiles had not only been designed and completed, but that they had been tested and annihilated a MLP board.
You trust statements by Woody? ;) This administration categorically states that they are supportive of all MLP ventures and will not allow any acts of violins against them (this pun comes to you courtesy of Sally from Peanuts). All Violins will be given to Sherlock. :boohoo:
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Do I trust Woody? Yes. Do I trust statements from Woody? Probably ;) . He was administrator at the time, and I did not see a direct contradiction to his post. It's good to have a pro-MLP administration now, though. :yes:

Also, when you said most controversial, I will assume you meant among the AiO board population in general. This would probably mean firing the entire collection of missiles at once, and destroying the SS, CC, and ToO in one swoop. :pray:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

T.S. (myself) wrote:Due to previous information, I was of the impression that the missiles had not only been designed and completed, but that they had been tested and annihilated a MLP board.
The previous information was correct, but is no longer accurate. I thought I clarified the situation earlier, but if not here it is again.

Under the previous administration, the development program got to the point of having working prototype missiles, and decided to have a test launch. Because the oversight system had not been established yet, the program head was able to unilaterally select a target, and made the terrible mistake of choosing a live forum. The Moosewood administration was not made aware of this decision, nor did they endorse it in any way. The individual responsible for that lack of judgment has been replaced.

That test depleted all functional missiles, and with a new project head in place the program focus was changed to further research before further development, so new prototypes were not yet created. So at the current time, we are still far from having a finished functional missile arsenal, and indeed do not even posses a functional prototype. We have nothing that can go live at the present time. Let your minds be put at ease.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

What happened to the Living Library?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Is it at all possible the Living Library could be made a subforum instead of a root forum?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

And why does it not show up in Chrimbo style?

Also, please fix the description; the incorrect grammar is *literally* making me uncomfortable.

"A repository for all types of creative works, but look carefully, and you might find some side rooms for special occasions, or when you just get an itch for exploring," could be better phrased as:

"A repository for all types of creative works are waiting to be found here--look carefully! You might just find some side rooms for special ocassions when you get an itch to explore," or:

"A repository for all types of creative works, but look carefully! Side rooms for special occasions might just be discovered when you get an itch to explore!"

So basically, fewer commas and less awkward phrasing, please :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

It's nowhere... Or at least I can't find it...
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Did you forget to add the Registered Users' permissions on the Living Library forum? ;)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

No they didn't, I saw it a day or two ago, but now....... IT'S GONE....
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.