Questions for LimeDoils

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

bookworm wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:Due to previous information, I was of the impression that the missiles had not only been designed and completed, but that they had been tested and annihilated a MLP board.
The previous information was correct, but is no longer accurate. I thought I clarified the situation earlier, but if not here it is again.

Under the previous administration, the development program got to the point of having working prototype missiles, and decided to have a test launch. Because the oversight system had not been established yet, the program head was able to unilaterally select a target, and made the terrible mistake of choosing a live forum. The Moosewood administration was not made aware of this decision, nor did they endorse it in any way. The individual responsible for that lack of judgment has been replaced.

That test depleted all functional missiles, and with a new project head in place the program focus was changed to further research before further development, so new prototypes were not yet created. So at the current time, we are still far from having a finished functional missile arsenal, and indeed do not even posses a functional prototype. We have nothing that can go live at the present time. Let your minds be put at ease.
Ah, okay. Thank you for the clarification. I must have not seen your earlier explanation. May I ask why the missile program was founded to begin with?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

T.S. (myself) wrote:May I ask why the missile program was founded to begin with?
You may, and should, ask, but I am afraid I cannot answer. I was brought into the program after the fact to handle the fallout from the poor decisions of the previous supervisor. I do not know the reasons behind the original initiation of the project. The reasons for continuing it, however, are simple. We have no choice now. As explained here we must continue with it for economic and, more importantly, security reasons.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Marvin D. wrote:Also, please fix the description; the incorrect grammar is *literally* making me uncomfortable.

"A repository for all types of creative works, but look carefully, and you might find some side rooms for special occasions, or when you just get an itch for exploring," could be better phrased as:

"A repository for all types of creative works are waiting to be found here--look carefully! You might just find some side rooms for special ocassions when you get an itch to explore," or:

"A repository for all types of creative works, but look carefully! Side rooms for special occasions might just be discovered when you get an itch to explore!"

So basically, fewer commas and less awkward phrasing, please :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why are you not LimeDolls?
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

*cough* We'll see, Marvin. *cough*
bookworm wrote:Why are you not LimeDolls?
Because, there is only one Doll. Moi.

Limerick actually coined Doily from Doll, and then Doils from Doily. Doils seemed to fit better with Lime than LimeDoll or LimeDoily. :yes:
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

But if Doil is just a derivative of Doll... you’re still making it plural when there’s only one? :-k
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

bookworm wrote:But if Doil is just a derivative of Doll... you’re still making it plural when there’s only one? :-k
Doil was never part of it..

It was just Doils from Doily, and I'm pretty sure that it isn't plural.
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, I get it now. The 's' is included in your nickname. It’s 'Doils'.