ToO Compliments

Anonymous compliments

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

ToO Compliments

Post by IrishTiger »

Okay, so I’m borrowing this idea from a Facebook page connected with my college. :P ToO Compliments is a place where people can have compliments posted about them. Say you want to let one of the debaters know you appreciate the opinions he or she shares in different debates, but you are sure others agree with you and so, if the compliment is posted publicly, others can post and agree. Or say you really like the happy attitude someone always has in the chat room, and would like to make sure others notice and appreciate it, too. An example (copied from FB) is: “Molly,” it has been a genuine pleasure getting to know you these past few years. You are one of the happiest people I know with an amazing ability to see the bright side of everything. Your kindness is wonderful and inspiring. Thinking about you laughing always cheers me up no matter where I am. Thank you for being my friend!

Now, we of course can do all that through PMs and comments on people’s walls, but the unique aspect of ToO Compliments is that the compliments are posted anonymously . This adds a bit of mystery and to everything. As the person making the compliment, sometimes things are easier (and more likely to be taken the correct way :P) when said anonymously. For the person receiving the compliment, receiving a compliment is guaranteed to make your day, as it is always nice to learn how positively others perceive you.

So, how is this all done? Well, if you have something you’d like posted, PM either DanP740 or myself and we post the compliment after removing your name from it.

Note: These are compliments, a message to encourage someone and brighten their day. Stay civil. ;)

**EDIT: Banner added by snubs
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

And we've got our first compliments here!
AnonymousUser wrote:To Pretzel:
I just thought I would let you know that you truly are a special person. You extend yourself more than I've seen anyone. You are always quick to get to know and talk to the new people you meet. And you don't just talk to them, you are genuinely interested in them and you are enthusiastic about it. Though some people may get on your nerves, you still include them and welcome them wholeheartedly. There are not many people like you, which make you someone to look up to. For me, you continue to inspire me to reach out to people and become more focused and enthusiastic in others instead of always focusing on myself. Thanks for getting to know me. -Anonymous
AnonymousUser wrote:To bookworm:
I just wanted to let you know that I do notice the amount of dedication you have for the ToO. Being the ToO's [unofficial] Historian is a big job that you gladly take on. I'm sure it takes a good deal of time and effort, but it is so worth it because the Town of Odyssey means that much to you. It is great to have a go to guy when it comes to questions and such about this board's past. So I just want to tell you, I very much appreciate you taking the time to preserve our Town's history. -Anonymous
Keep sending them in! :D
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

AnonymousUser wrote:To bookworm:
I just wanted to let you know that I do notice the amount of dedication you have for the ToO. Being the ToO's [unofficial] Historian is a big job that you gladly take on. I'm sure it takes a good deal of time and effort, but it is so worth it because the Town of Odyssey means that much to you. It is great to have a go to guy when it comes to questions and such about this board's past. So I just want to tell you, I very much appreciate you taking the time to preserve our Town's history. -Anonymous
I'm sincerely touched, thank you Anonymous. :D

But now I want to know who you are. :x
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Thank you, AnonymousUser. I am glad I got to know you.. Even though I don't really know who you are. I have an idea though. =p
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty