ToO Birthday Bash Cash Giveaway Extravaganza!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

ToO Birthday Bash Cash Giveaway Extravaganza!

Post by bookworm »

I’ve been really inspired by Catspaw’s gift giving idea and decided to be extra generous. In addition to this offer, which still stands, I will also give away money to everyone who posts in this thread today!

I know what you’re thinking now. (And so does everyone else by now :P ) ‘Yay, I get a penny!’ Not today folks! I know that’s traditional for me, but this is a very special day, we need to shake it up.

This day is a celebration of every single person on here, so I’m not limiting it to a number. Everyone who posts until the timestamp hits midnight will get a share! (Multiple posts will not award multiple shares, however.)

I’ve been saving my cash for a special occasion, and I can’t think of a better one than this. This site has been so special to me for so many years, it’s allowed me to interact with so many amazing people I never would have known otherwise.

Happy Ninth Birthday to The Town of Odyssey! May we have nine more! (And more after that of course. ;) )
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

If I post first, do I get the biggest share? ;)

Thank you, bookworm. This is a good idea. And happy 9th birthday, ToO!
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That wouldn’t be fair, but it’s a nice try. ;) The shares will be equal for everyone.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Your generosity brings a smile to my face! :mrgreen:
I don't know about everyone else, but I can tell that you really love this community, and it makes me smile to know that you're investing (even if it's only virtual money) in the community. Thanks bookworm!
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Wow Bookworm, this is a marvelous idea. Thank you for doing this on this special day of ToO history.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Happy birthday, to you too, bookworm. You contributed to getting us this far!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

:shock: bookworm is giving away more than pennies. :thud:

Great idea, though. \:D/ Happy Birthday, ToO! May you still be around for years to come. =]
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well this is a truly historic occasion. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Soo... bookie really is cool? =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm'll give us $9. Just watch.

And when the timestap hits midnight according to what timezone? GMT?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Woody

Post by Woody »

We need AE to come and make this an official holiday.

April 1st shall hereby no longer be known as April Fools Day, or the ToO's Birthday, but bookworm Gives Away Nickels Day!

(See what I did there? Nickels are the second smallest coin =P)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

So you've been saving money for a special occasion, but didn't have any in mind, and so never fund any election campaigns...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

The generosity of bookworm knows no bounds. \:D/

Happy birthday, ToO! Even though I've only been a member for about a year and a half, I stalked the boards religiously for several years prior to joining, so this really feels quite momentous. :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So, this thread was originally supposed to be an April Fools prank and I was going to come by today and just laugh and not give anything, but as people started leaving such nice responses I began to feel that would be in bad taste because it would throw suspicion on the whole thing when in reality only the money part was a joke and I sincerely meant everything else.

Therefore, to show I’m a decent person I will in fact honor the promised monies to the posters. We’ll just adjust the focus and say that the impression of receiving big money was the prank.

T.S. (myself), ~JCGJ~, Jehoshaphat, Whitty Whit, Woody, Knight Fisher, snubs, Marvin, Dan, and Petrichor get 2¢! \:D/
(I’m such a nice guy I’m not only paying out when I originally wasn’t going to, I’m paying more than I originally planned just to keep my promise that this time it wasn’t one penny. You’re welcome. :cool: )
Woody

Post by Woody »

BOOKWOOOOOOOORM!!! :x

I must say, though, well played. Very well played indeed.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, I was pleased yet surprised that no one suspected it was fake.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*whisper* I had a feeling it was fake. I wake up on April 1 and believe hardly anything that I see on the Internet :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

DanP740 wrote:So you've been saving money for a special occasion, but didn't have any in mind, and so never fund any election campaigns...
I’m hurt by the tone of this post and by its false accusations.
First of all, I never said I couldn’t think of any good reasons, I said I couldn’t think of a better one.
Second, it is completely and utterly false to say I’ve never funded any election campaigns. You wouldn’t know whether I have or haven’t in the first place, and in fact I have contributed funds in the majority of elections I have been active for.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

I wasn't here yesterday! :( Oh well.... :(
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

bookworm wrote:So, this thread was originally supposed to be an April Fools prank and I was going to come by today and just laugh and not give anything, but as people started leaving such nice responses I began to feel that would be in bad taste because it would throw suspicion on the whole thing when in reality only the money part was a joke and I sincerely meant everything else.
Haha =D> Good for you for turning the prank into a kind gesture. I guess you could say the joke was on you since you did end up giving people money. :P
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9