The ToO Academy

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

The ToO Academy

Post by bookworm »

I am pleased to announce that the selection process has been completed. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you The ToO Academy!

bookworm
JCGJ
Marvin
Musical Shutterbug
Shennifer
The Top Crusader
Woody

These members are tasked with identifying standout threads as they browse the forums and later categorizing those threads and ultimately selecting the recipients of the annual awards. They have promised to be objective and unbiased in their assessments and considerations.

Remember that even if you are not a member of the Academy you can still watch for and suggest threads. If you come across one you want to be sure is considered don’t hesitate to pm me the link.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Can someone explain to me what the ToO Academy is?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*does the chicken dance*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

These are the ten categories that threads will be nominated for throughout the year. They cover qualities of not only things about the thread itself, but also its impact on the community. There are categories for elements of the subject matter of course, but also ones that look at the content a thread contains and the effects they can have.

Keep these categories in mind when browsing for threads to suggest for nominations so you have an idea where they can fit, but you don’t have to name a category when you pm the thread in, the Academy will sort them out at their meetings. Unless you readily know what category, or categories, it should be in, then by all means mention that in your mail. So categorize it if you can, just realize that if you can’t decide where a thread fits, but you believe it warrants consideration anyway, you can just send in the link without a category.

Best Subject
The thread that provided a great topic to think and talk about.

Best Discussion
The thread that produced conversation of an exceptional quality.

Biggest Shift
A thread that started on one topic but came to have a great discussion on something else.

Funniest Thread
The thread with content that brightens your day no matter how many times you read it.

Most Inspiring Thread
The thread that profoundly moved you to change your way or thinking or living.

Most Interesting Thread
The thread with the content most intriguing to think about.

Most Educational Thread
The thread that you learned the most from.

Most Enlightening Thread
The thread that most caused you to adapt or at least analyze your worldview.

Most Surprising Thread
A thread on a subject you never thought someone would make but that somehow worked.

Best Thread
The thread that displays consistent all around quality. It likely contains elements of several of the other categories.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I made my first nomination \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Again, all members are welcome, and encouraged, to suggest threads. If you ever read something and think ‘That was clever’ or ‘This is really interesting’ that’s exactly what we want, pm me the link. If you have a category or multiple categories in mind for it you can mention them, but you don’t have to if you don’t have a specific one identified. At this time we are simply compiling a preliminary list, the threads being sent in are suggestions for consideration, not official nominations.
Remember, the only requirement is that the thread was created in 2014.

Please be sure to look back at threads created in the past four months for potential nominees as well, we don’t want those ones to be overlooked just because this started a little late in the year.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

How in the world did I miss this thread?
*sobs*
I'm a failure as an Academist.
:( :cry: :boohoo: ](*,)
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Fortunately, as a member of the Academy you were mailed the information. So you didn’t really miss anything, this is the notification for the public.
But yeah, step it up! :x