The Paw Suggestion Box

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

How about a new themes but keep the old ones for old times..
A new avatar limit like 120x120?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

A-ty6 wrote:How about a new themes but keep the old ones for old times..
A new avatar limit like 120x120?
I'm not opposed to increasing it. 120 x 120 isn't too big of a jump, so I will look into it! :)

EDIT: I've now increased it. Give it a whirl. If it breaks too many things, I'll change it, but an extra 400 pixels shouldn't be the end of the world.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I approve. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Awesome \:D/

Not that it even affects me much, but whatever.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I approve as well.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:I see it's on the logo bar at the top, as well as a link below it
Yes, on new ToO it is adequately prominent. Not on other themes though. As Dan said, making it a 'subforum' of City Hall, actually an external link, seems the best idea so far.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:I see it's on the logo bar at the top, as well as a link below it
Yes, on new ToO it is adequately prominent. Not on other themes though. As Dan said, making it a 'subforum' of City Hall, actually an external link, seems the best idea so far.
How does it look now?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s perfect, though I would personally put it as the second subforum (directly after the Steps) since it would, theoretically, be the second most used link in that section.

And is there any way to force a line break in the sub forum list so the Hall of Power is all on a second row? It messes with my OCD to have stuff like that span more than one line.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:That’s perfect, though I would personally put it as the second subforum (directly after the Steps) since it would, theoretically, be the second most used link in that section.

And is there any way to force a line break in the sub forum list so the Hall of Power is all on a second row? It messes with my OCD to have stuff like that span more than one line.
The first part is done... I'm not sure what you mean by the second part? I'm also wondering if we don't just get rid of it? It hasn't been updated in years and the City Records kind of serves the same purpose and at least AIO Wiki is up to date. We could make a dedicated page on the Wiki for the Hall of Power to give it a bit more content like is found in the current Hall, but it doesn't seem necessary to have the City Records and Hall of Power.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by the second part?
It's probably just from my display dimensions, but the link starts after The Newspapers with 'The ToO' and then there's a line break that starts way back on the left under the Subforums heading and finishes 'Hall of Power'.

You're right that the HoP isn't really vital, but it is a nice reference. If you're looking to remove one of the links (which would solve the 'problem') you could probably drop the City Records, since the AiO Wiki is already linked under the banner. The only reason it's duplicated here is because this goes directly to our article. You could change the header link to go to our article if you wanted.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by the second part?
It's probably just from my display dimensions, but the link starts after The Newspapers with 'The ToO' and then there's a line break that starts way back on the left under the Subforums heading and finishes 'Hall of Power'.

You're right that the HoP isn't really vital, but it is a nice reference. If you're looking to remove one of the links (which would solve the 'problem') you could probably drop the City Records, since the AiO Wiki is already linked under the banner. The only reason it's duplicated here is because this goes directly to our article. You could change the header link to go to our article if you wanted.
Yeah must be your resolution and that's where the confusion is! They're all on one line for me.

I'll look into it! Thanks bookworm!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s interesting. I’m just using standard dimensions as far as I know. Well if it’s just me you don’t have to do anything about it I guess, if there’s not an easy option. Though it does irritate my eyeballs. :P
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

DON'T GET RID OF THE HALL OF POWERRRRR.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Since everyone is in favor of money. Can you make cash earned in bookworm's Reopened Stock-market (http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=32811) transferable to here? \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Free cash, plz.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Since everyone is in favor of money. Can you make cash earned in bookworm's Reopened Stock-market (http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=32811) transferable to here? \:D/
Thankfully that isn't possible from the technical end, thus avoiding all the problems on the practical end. Good try though. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Perhaps not automatically possible, but the ability to add funds to users through the admin backend does exist. I'm sure bookworm could edit their money on his site as well. But if it's a good idea, well...
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The economy would get a major boost!

Plus I'm sure we could arrange a percentage off each transfer to compensate for the work involved.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:The economy would get a major boost!
This is true. But it would not necessarily be a positive.
Knight Fisher wrote:I'm sure we could arrange a percentage off each transfer to compensate for the work involved.
Oh, never mind I'm in then.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

:grineyes: