The Paw Suggestion Box

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

The Paw Suggestion Box

Post by Bren »

I figured we may as well have this topic so Shadowpaw and Catspaw can read everything in one place. I have a couple suggestions myself. For one try to speed up the loading of the site if possible. I know that can DreamHost can be a problem sometimes based on my experiences but if you can speed up loading the pages, that would improve the browsing a lot. You also might consider ways to change the elections. I can remember from my early days here when there were 4 and 5 teams campaigning at as time. In recent years that has really gone downhill. The Hall of Power could stand an update as well.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Bren wrote:I figured we may as well have this topic so Shadowpaw and Catspaw can read everything in one place. I have a couple suggestions myself. For one try to speed up the loading of the site if possible. I know that can DreamHost can be a problem sometimes based on my experiences but if you can speed up loading the pages, that would improve the browsing a lot. You also might consider ways to change the elections. I can remember from my early days here when there were 4 and 5 teams campaigning at as time. In recent years that has really gone downhill. The Hall of Power could stand an update as well.
Great thread! Thanks for starting it! How often do you find the site slow? I know it used to be very slow, but in recent weeks (and every time I've used it the last few days) it's been lightning fast.

AIOWiki and theToo.com both run on the same server... some changes were made to AIOWIKI about a month ago that drastically improved performance there, so I'm wondering if it has helped here as well.

Election changes are also on my to-do list. I'll probably lay out a platform of ideas in the next week or so.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Suggestion: Introduce me to Matt Smith. \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Kait wrote:Suggestion: Introduce me to Matt Smith. \:D/
He's a Time Lord. I never know when he is.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It tends to be on things like when you first come on and transitional pages (logging in and making posts for example).
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The site hasn’t been noticeably slow for me in quite some time.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. .it's not slow for me either, and I live where the wild beasts roam and natives wear outdated tribal clothing and regularly commit ritualistic sacrifices.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Maybe lowering the barrier for elections a little bit would make more people want to try it out. I know for myself that I could never raise 10,000 dollars in one or two weeks.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Maybe lowering the barrier for elections a little bit would make more people want to try it out. I know for myself that I could never raise 10,000 dollars in one or two weeks.
If you had good ideas, and gained a lot of support (not just financial, but moral support as well), you certainly could. However, it generally works better to have a few two-member teams running, instead of just one, one-member team (though, since you've only seen this one, unprecedented election, I understand why you feel that way)... The idea behind the large "barrier" is that, if the people like your platform, you"ll get put on the ballot. If they don't, you don't. It helps to weed out bad ideas (in a Democratic-ish way), so only quality platforms get onto the ballot. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Marvin D. wrote:. .it's not slow for me either, and I live where the wild beasts roam and natives wear outdated tribal clothing and regularly commit ritualistic sacrifices.
You forgot the no internet part.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

IrishTiger wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:. .it's not slow for me either, and I live where the wild beasts roam and natives wear outdated tribal clothing and regularly commit ritualistic sacrifices.
Yeah, his internet isn't slow even though he lives where there is no internet! Technology is amazing.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

WE HAVE INTERNET. We have just moved from the stone age to the 21st century.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

bookworm wrote:
IrishTiger wrote:
Yeah, his internet isn't slow even though he lives where there is no internet! Technology is amazing.
I know, right?!

Sheesh, the times we live in. \:D/
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

IrishTiger wrote:
bookworm wrote:
IrishTiger wrote:
I know, right?!

Sheesh, the times we live in. \:D/
I can't imagine how I have Internet whilst not having it. WHODA THUNK?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I haven't experienced the site being noticeably slow either.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I am betting my internet right now is faster than yours.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Hey, have you chosen your Mod Squad yet?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Could we please do something about the ToO chat in making it more prominent on the board? A lot of people forget about the chatroom because it isn't very visible.. some new member didn't even know we had a chat.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've suggested to each admin team for the past year that we put a link to the chat in a more prominent location, but nothing ever gets done.

According to my poll, the link should be a forum next to City Hall, or a subforum under City Hall.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I think making the chat more prominent is something that can be arranged. I see it's on the logo bar at the top, as well as a link below it, but I'll think on a few ideas. I might try to incorporate it more prominently on a site redesign.