Why Shadowpaw is awesome

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Why Shadowpaw is awesome

Post by bookworm »

One of my favorite things is when someone is willing to take something and just run with it. I knew Shadowpaw was like this from reputation, but since he hasn’t been around I hadn’t been able to experience it first hand. Now I have, and it created a moment I will remember fondly.

It started with the joking remark by darcie that she accidentally deleted HT. During the replies that followed, I had added a note to this post that said “By the way, you should totally move HT to a hidden forum for the rest of the day for when people who log on tonight see those posts. :-

It was just a joke, but from what I knew of Shadowpaw I thought there was a good chance he would actually go ahead and do it. Sure enough, a few minutes later the forum was gone and he requested I remove my edit so as not to give it away. Then this PM exchange transpired:
Shadowpaw wrote:Remove your edit so no one knows you told me to do it! I'll wait to see how long it takes for anyone to notice.
bookworm wrote:I demand credit when you bring it back though. :x
Shadowpaw wrote:Hahaha. How about the blame instead?
bookworm wrote:No, just the credit. :noway: I had the idea, you decided it should actually be done. So credit to me, blame to you!
Shadowpaw wrote:But see, I blame you for the idea and take credit for doing it. We're at a standoff!
bookworm wrote:So it would seem. Does this mean we have to put poison in a cup and one of us has to guess which one it is? You aren't a Sicilian, are you? I wouldn't want to fall for one of the classic blunders.
Shadowpaw wrote:All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
bookworm wrote:I actually thought you would be the one to poison it and I would choose. But as you wish. (Unintentional reference! \:D/ )

You've made your choice then?
Shadowpaw wrote:Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
bookworm wrote:Truly you have a dizzying intellect.
Shadowpaw wrote:Haha, while I'd love to keep going, I think that's the best way to end this thread, as I feel super warm and fuzzy. ;)
bookworm wrote:As do I. \:D/
Be honest now, did you do your part from memory?
Shadowpaw wrote:Haha, no. I know the gist of it, but I would have messed up the specifics. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This really read more like "William Goldman is awesome," but maybe that's just me. O:)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

This was all very :hug: for me. Awesomeness abounds.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

So much awesome. xD

SnC Forever. Miss you still.