ToO & SS Merger

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

ToO & SS Merger

Post by John Chrysostom »

So the ToO and Soda Shop should just merge, we pretty much do the same thing.

Jump over and join the conversation on the SS http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... ead#unread

And prove my point about why we need to merge.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Why? For the most part SS is almost exclusively discussion of AIO. The ToO is so much more. Plus the management is different. ToO has elections compared to it's group of permanent admins. I just don't see any good reasons.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Over the last few months there's been more activity in the debate and church areas of SS than in the ToO. The ToO elections have been jokes of late and right now we have a permanent mod team.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

The Last election shouldn't even be counted as an election.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Knight Fisher wrote:For the most part SS is almost exclusively discussion of AIO. The ToO is so much more.
If by "so much more" you meant "everything except AIO", I would have been inclined to agree with you. There might have been two or three active AIO-related topics within the past two weeks; the rest of the threads are basically random chats and debates.
John Chrysostom wrote:Over the last few months there's been more activity in the debate and church areas of SS than in the ToO.
To be fair, that might have had more to do with John Henry's presence than anything else. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Actually there are quite a few active topics about AIO. debate has kind of slowed down since John Henry hasn't showed up in a while.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I don't think it's a good idea. SS has a lot of younger members...whereas the ToO, has more of the adult topics/debates. Plus, I think the maturity level is too great a gap for a merge.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Actually there are quite a few active topics about AIO. debate has kind of slowed down since John Henry hasn't showed up in a while.
I was talking about the ToO.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My first question: how would one merge two completely separate boards? Close one and tell everyone to go to the other? You can't just send all the accounts and posts over to the other board.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

We never needed so many sites to begin with, but each serves a different purpose. My views were posted on Bren's topic the other day: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34024

The internet is changing, and message boards will have to change with it. That's for sure. But SS and CC aren't forums I would personally use. Mostly due to my lack of AIO knowledge. Ahem.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read through the posts in the link provided, but I didn't see anything that changed my original thought when I saw the thread. I don't see a merger between the ToO and any other board happening in the future. In my personal opinion, it would cause more hassle than it would be worth to gain the benefit of combining the AIO talk, because there are other differences that people from either board would miss, on top of the complications of actually doing such a thing. People can choose to be a part of as many or as few boards as they want, and I totally understand how for people who are part of multiple boards, it sounds more convenient to have it all together, but I think some things would be lost that way too. Other people might not see it that way. I joined the ToO on the very first day it started, so obviously I have a different perspective on it than some poeple. I'm also the kind of person who is happy to cheer for a hockey player who hasn't played for "my" team for years, or decide to like a team because it is coached by somebody who used to coach for a favourite team of mine, so my general sense of loyalty could be a factor as well. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I realize that not everybody sees things that way.

And in the end, I think any decision will come down to what Shadowpaw and Jacon Isom (I'm guessing that it's his board, since it's through the Odyssey Scoop?) both decide is in the best interest of the fans, the boards, and themselves, because when you have poured a ton of time and energy into something (not to mention pay for stuff) ;) you get a little more say in the decision.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

As long as the ToO stays, I'm good. =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I think we should keep both.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

My heart died a little when I saw the title of this thread. But was then revived when I saw Ayn Rand had created it.

Eh. No. They don't need to be joined.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

Marvin D. wrote:No.
This was my reaction to at first. xD :hilarious:
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Anemone wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:No.
This was my reaction to at first. xD :hilarious:
Good.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is clearly a troll thread, so I won’t even get into the discussion except to give an extremely simplified statement of my position.

If it means them merging into us, I don’t really care. It would never happen the other way around.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Campbell County is actually contemplating the idea of a merger. Probably won't happen though.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

CC would be a better merge with Too than too with SS.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/