ToO & SS Merger

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah... nah.
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Blitz wrote:CC would be a better merge with Too than too with SS.
Define a merger? What would merging the CC to the ToO do?
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Probably Bren closes down CC and we all join here if we haven't already? Which seems like a monumentally pointless idea.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The SS people scare me.
he/him | a little stinker.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Why do they scare you?
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Steve wrote:The SS people scare me.
I have more than a 100 dolls that love to do my bidding. >=]
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

Never let ToO merge anywhere! It's tooo biggg...(no hatred or offense to anyone).
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Anemone wrote:I don't think it's a good idea. SS has a lot of younger members...whereas the ToO, has more of the adult topics/debates. Plus, I think the maturity level is too great a gap for a merge.
You ToOites keep making somewhat unkind comments about we Soda Shoppers maturity. To quote Father Gilbert, "You leave yourself wide open for a unkind comment." Please stop it, okey dokey loki?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

In my opinion, the maturity level of both boards is about the same. It's simply displayed in different ways. =/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Anemone wrote:I don't think it's a good idea. SS has a lot of younger members...whereas the ToO, has more of the adult topics/debates. Plus, I think the maturity level is too great a gap for a merge.
Hillingdale Haven. That is all have to say about the ToO maturity level.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Hillingdale Haven. That is all have to say about the ToO maturity level.
This statement displays a great misunderstanding of the purpose of the HH forum. The contents there are in no way a reflection on the maturity of the ToO forum as a whole, nor even as a part as many people artificially inflate their craziness within those confines.
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

TigerintheShadows wrote:In my opinion, the maturity level of both boards is about the same. It's simply displayed in different ways. =/
^This. They're about the same in maturity level, the SS just has younger members. The ToO started out with younger members also, remember that the ToO has had way more for the members to grow and mature then the SS has.
Pound Foolish wrote:You ToOites keep making somewhat unkind comments about we Soda Shoppers maturity. To quote Father Gilbert, "You leave yourself wide open for a unkind comment." Please stop it, okey dokey loki?
^Also This.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

The ToO is too big.
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Can I just say "no"?
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

It turns out that the SS has only one less forum than we do, so really, all the claims of the ToO being too big and confusing are actually quite invalid. If anything, the SS is too confusing, as you use 4 separate forums for what we consolidate into one. And you lump several unrelated topics into one forum. How is that less big and confusing?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I really think it just depends on personal preference. In my opinion, the Soda Shop is a little less confusing and more direct. For a new member, it's fairly easy to see exactly what each forum is for, and the overall layout isn't overwhelming. Then again, I don't have any problems navigating the ToO now. After I got used to it, I understand what each forum is for, and have places that I regularly check and places that I ignore.

If you want me to address your argument, I really don't look at it that way. The entire point of the Soda Shop is AiO discussion. It makes perfect sense to further divide AiO discussion into categories and subcategories. I tend to post the most in Character Discussion, whereas other people might have a preference for The Front Counter or Episode Discussion. And the same thing applies to our General Discussion. Because we are a very AiO centered board, it doesn't make sense to distinguish between Finneman topics and Harlequin topics for us. There's not as many, and they fit under the overall general banner well enough. There are a few subforums for General Discussion, and those do help in making things easier to find.

As another perspective, the Soda Shop board index is cleaner and easier for a lot of the members. The ToO board index isn't necessarily bad, it just has a lot more going on. For example, when I log on to the SS, I see 10 forums (including the mod one, and that doesn't really count), and 7 subforums. On the ToO, I see 12 forums and 57 subforums, most of which aren't used.

So, overall, I think it's dependent on personal preference, and no, I do not think the SS and ToO should merge, although that would be quite interesting.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Psh, I'm all for it. \:D/ How else can we corrupt the younger members of the SS with our heathen jokes and worldviews?
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

T.S. (myself) wrote:On the ToO, I see 12 forums and 57 subforums, most of which aren't used.
Because most are locked up and simply archival. The forums actually in use are pretty straightforward.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The ToO is not confusing.

Out of all the forums I visit, this is the most straightforward of them all.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

I invite the ToO members to join the Soda Shop and see what to think of this issue. (JCGJ is a member)