ToOWiNoWriTer Sign-Ups

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

ToOWiNoWriTer Sign-Ups

Post by Woody »

Hello, everybody!

Today I'm proud to announce the first event of Team Moosewood 2.0's term. This is a term-long event, called ToO-Wide Novel Writing Term(better known as ToOWiNoWriTer)

The goal of this event is to encourage creativity in the community, as well as to provide an easier alternative to NaNoWriMo. I myself know how imposing writing a 50,000 word novel can be, especially in a month(My best is currently 30,000 in 6 months :p)

Participants of this event will set a word count goal for themselves to complete by the end of Moosewood 2.0's term(approximately two months). This goal can be anything 5,000 words and up. If you complete your goal within the allotted time, you will win a ToO cash prize! \:D/

Now, here's a quick breakdown of the rules:

1. Plagiarism: Quite obviously, no copying of any work will be tolerated.

2. Weekly Updates: You must send weekly updates on your writing to Knight Fisher and myself, by either private message or email([email protected]). Tell us your progress, if any, and include a copy of your work for that week.

3. Have Fun! And finally, remember to enjoy yourself. Don't get too caught up in making your goal that you get stressed, because your story will likely suffer from it. Pace yourself, and produce a good story. Because in the end, that's what counts, not the number of words in it.

Now, due to some concerns raised in our Campaign HQ, we've made some changes to the prize system. Instead of judging contestants' work, prizes will be distributed based on goals met. :)

So join us for the very first ToO-Wide Novel Writing Term!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

So do we sign up here?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Yes, sirree :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

If I finish writing the 15k words necessary to reach my 50k word goal for NaNoWriMo, does that still count?!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Alright then I shall sign up! I'll let you know of my goals once I figure out what I'm going to write. :P
They/Them
Woody

Post by Woody »

Marvin D. wrote:If I finish writing the 15k words necessary to reach my 50k word goal for NaNoWriMo, does that still count?!
That depends... would you let us read the whole series for freeeeeeeeeeeeee? \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Woody wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:If I finish writing the 15k words necessary to reach my 50k word goal for NaNoWriMo, does that still count?!
That depends... would you let us read the whole series for freeeeeeeeeeeeee? \:D/
Erm, the Moosewood legal team would like for everyone to be clear on the fact that we do not in any way support extortion.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I would sign up, but I'm doing NaNoWriMo and my muse will probably be dead after this month.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Woody wrote:
Erm, the Moosewood legal team would like for everyone to be clear on the fact that we do not in any way support extortion.
:-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Can I just continue writing my unfinished NaNoWriMo novel?
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Tikvah wrote:Can I just continue writing my unfinished NaNoWriMo novel?
I think Woody's previous response is appropriate here:
Woody wrote: That depends... would you let us read the whole series for freeeeeeeeeeeeee? \:D/
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
They/Them
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I'm interested. Are there any prompts/themes you guys are looking for, or might give out to help us?

Also my Nano ended up dying half-complete. Tears. Oh well; 25,000+ words isn't bad.
merp.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Okay, guys. As of now, we will be accepting completion goals for unfinished NaNoWriMo novels. :) You can set your goal to the number of words you have remaining, or lower your goal if you now feel 50,000 is too much.

ToOWiNoWriTer will begin in exactly one week. On December 8th, all participants may begin writing. The event will end on February 8th. As of now, I have received no official sign-ups(those having a word goal). You must set your goal before you begin. Late sign-ups will be accepted, but you will not receive any extra time. Your end date will still be February 8th. :)
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Dudes forget it. Limits are not how I work. Maybe that is why I never finish a book.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Woody

Post by Woody »

For the people that have signed up, you start today. To everyone else, sign up!

And in, the spirit of administrative involvement, I myself will be setting a goal. I won't be getting any prizes, but I'd like to write along with anyone else doing it.

I am setting a goal to complete my short story, currently at 955 words, and get it to 10,000 words, meaning a goal of 9,045 words.

And, if I finish early, I'll probably set another goal. ;)