The Amazing Race: Discussion

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

Which Team do you think will win the Amazing Race?

Team snubs
21%
Team Marvin
No votes
Team Blitzzara
7%
Team Jehoshaphat
7%
Team Brad
No votes
Mr. Green's Dream Team
14%
Code Blue
No votes
Team bookworm
21%
Team Limerick
29%
Team Wakko
No votes
Team Genius
No votes

Total votes: 14

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Amazing Race: Discussion

Post by Woody »

Hello, Town of Odyssey,

This is the starting line for The Amazing Race, a race around the internet. 11 teams of one have been chosen to compete. Along the way, they will encounter various tasks, most exercising their minds. The tasks will be difficult, and the teams may struggle to complete them. But the team that crosses the finish line first, will win a prize of $25 Amazon dollars.

The teams are:

Team snubs:
I'm snubs. I like crafty things and figuring stuff out. People call me a legend.. and well, we'll just keep letting them think I am. I'm also apparently not dumb but actually very smart. SO YEAH. This is my first time participating in the Amazing Race, so I hope I can keep up with the experienced players.
Team Marvin:
I am Marvin. Technically, I'm Josh. If you don't know who I am, then you're clearly out-of-date. A lot. I'm a dilettante chef, voracious reader, aspiring author. Also, snobbish. And more awesome than you. It's all right, though. I won't rub it in. Much. Did I mention I'm sarcastic?
Team Blitzzara:
My bio is well pretty simply. I am a contestant that hopes to win. I have a addiction for books and this mullah would be amazing. \:D/ Anyway I am an MK so I should have no problem crushing all the other peeps. Don't ask why.
Team Jehoshaphat:
Hello my name is Jehoshaphat and I have been a ToO member for 2 years. I have 10 siblings and 10 wonderful nieces and nephews. I enjoy playing the guitar and reading. Also I love to play board games and I am very competitive and hope to win this amazing race. I am glad for the opportunity to play and hope to win.
Team Brad:
Brad (also known as B-rad) joined the ToO before a lot of the other competitors did. However, he has not been active for about 7 years. As such, this is his first time participating in The Amazing Race. Will he be able to overcome the disadvantages ahead of him? Will he be able to overcome the disadvantages of being inactive the past 6-7 years? B-rad thinks he can and is looking forward to taking home the big prize!
Mr. Green's Dream Team:
Hello, I am ~JCGJ~, and this is my partner Mr. Green: :mrgreen:

He shall accompany me on my quest to win this Incredibly Amazing Race!

You may wonder (as many do) what those four letters represent... Well, they are simply initials (yes, I have four names). Many people call me JJ, and that is how I initially registered to the ToO. However, everybody thought I was a joke account made by AE, who (apparently) was the original JJ 'round these parts, so I requested to change my username to ~JCGJ~, and the rest is simply history. :mrgreen:
Code Blue:
Name: Amy Funkhouser
Things I am good at: Singing, writing, taking care of people and taking over the world with awesomeness!!!
Job: I am a Nanny, I clean house, cook, teach, patch up boo-boos and play kid games. I have been puked on at least 50 times and pooped on about 15 times. Yet, I still love kids.
Things I do in my free time: Draw, sew, make jewelry and run.
What I want to be one day: A wife, mother, fashion designer, singer/song writer and working in ministry.
Team bookworm:
I like reading and working with computers. I dislike poetry and writing bios.
Team Limerick:
Hey all, my name is Limerick, one time former Admin with my wonderful co admin Belle, Lady of the Seven Isles, Most Beautiful of All, etc, etc *hides* And yes, we still have plans to release Take A Bow, our part is done, our editor indicates they are almost done for a while now..., well, people get busy :p I spend more time in the chat than on the forums, but I would love to get the chance to know you all better in this Amazing Race!
Team Wakko:
Hello, I'm Wakko! I have been a member on here for about a year, but I've been reading posts on here for about three. =P I'm currently co-leader along with Eugene on the CC. I've been a fan of AIO for about seven years. I enjoy reading, watching movies, bike riding, and listening to music and podcasts.
Team Genius:
I'm E II and I book smart. Unfortunately this won't really help me much , so I will have to rely on luck and intuition.
Teams, you should now have received your first clue via PM. It is time now for you to set off on your race around the internet...

The internet is waiting for you... GO!!!
This is the end. The beginning. This is now.

Follow the yellow and red flags to the finish line. A flag lies in each of 7 different topics, each with a question or clue that will lead you to a number. Each flag will also have a clue to the next. You will have to send in the numbers in order to cross the finish line.

To start, find Blackgaard’s first post
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well, I officially don't know what I'm doing..
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Yeah... I got the clue, but what the heck are we supposed to do with it?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

No idea what the clue means. But I received it
I am confused
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

If no one has figured it out by 1:00 PM PST, December 22nd, I will explain more.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I got what it means. :shrugs:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know what it means, but not what to do with it apparently. I have no idea how this is supposed to work, I've never seen the show. :P

-- 22 Dec 2014 12:28 pm --

Never mind, I think I have something :mad:
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

All I'm getting out of it is a word scramble, that I don't think is right.
I am confused
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Woody wrote:If no one has figured it out by 1:00 PM PST, December 22nd, I will explain more.
I'm guessing someone figured it out... :-s
They/Them
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I did! Trust me though, the rest of you should be in no hurry to. I have a headache. >_>
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Is bribery prohibited? :-
They/Them
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah.. I don't even know. So.. I'll probably lose. (This is exactly why I didn't want to sign up for this in the first place. *glares at Woody*)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Amy Funkhouser
Not as new

Post by Amy Funkhouser »

It's okay Snubs... I have no idea either.... :~/
What is Forever..? Well that's when I shall return. #Twinsforeverwithpenguin
~Ninja <3
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

If bookworm got a headache from doing it, then the rest of us mortals should give up.

*waits impatiently*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Well in the real show people as 're allowed to help other teams so bookworms are you feeling generous?
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:If bookworm got a headache from doing it, then the rest of us mortals should give up.
To be clear, solving the first clue was relatively simple. The headache is from what it leads you to. Beware.
E II wrote:bookworms are you feeling generous?
What do I get out of it? At this point helping you get to the next part does nothing for me because I'm still stuck there myself.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I have no idea what Im supposed to do with this clue.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My gosh, that was brutal! :explode:
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

I agree, the result is a bit of a headache. How far are you on it bookworm? Have you worked long on the task?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm done, finally. Took way too long.