The Amazing Race: Results!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Amazing Race: Results!

Post by Woody »

Just over a month ago, eleven teams set out on one of the most daring, most exciting, most difficult, and most frustrating races the ToO has ever seen. These eleven teams faced many challenges along the way, and most of them fell by the wayside(Like, second leg out of eleven :p). However, three teams persevered to the very end. There were actually no eliminations, due to seven teams going off the map by Leg 4, but there may yet be one(One team is still going \:D/). The race consisted of puzzles, thread searching, and a whole lot of writing(What did you expect when the race was planned largely by a New York Times Bestselling author?)

In the end, only three teams made it to the final leg. The three teams, in the order posted in the original announcement post, are:

Team snubs:
I'm snubs. I like crafty things and figuring stuff out. People call me a legend.. and well, we'll just keep letting them think I am. I'm also apparently not dumb but actually very smart. SO YEAH. This is my first time participating in the Amazing Race, so I hope I can keep up with the experienced players.
Team Jehoshaphat:
Hello my name is Jehoshaphat and I have been a ToO member for 2 years. I have 10 siblings and 10 wonderful nieces and nephews. I enjoy playing the guitar and reading. Also I love to play board games and I am very competitive and hope to win this amazing race. I am glad for the opportunity to play and hope to win.
Team Limerick:
Hey all, my name is Limerick, one time former Admin with my wonderful co admin Belle, Lady of the Seven Isles, Most Beautiful of All, etc, etc *hides* And yes, we still have plans to release Take A Bow, our part is done, our editor indicates they are almost done for a while now..., well, people get busy :p I spend more time in the chat than on the forums, but I would love to get the chance to know you all better in this Amazing Race!
Now, let's get onto the results!

In third place, we have:
TEAM LIMERICK!

The leading competitor for most of the race, finishing first in 8/11 legs, poor Limerick fell behind in the end, due to not having time for the Race. If he ever finishes the final leg, he'll receive $1,000 in ToO cash!
In second, we have:
TEAM JEHOSHAPHAT!

The underdog team that came from the back(Team #6 in Leg 1) all the way to the front, Jehoshaphat finished just one minute behind our winner. He wins $1,000 in ToO Cash!
And, by process of elimination, you've probably already figured out that the winner is:
TEAM SNUBS!!!

snubs, who is not dumb, but really very smart, faithfully completed every challenge set before her. She solved puzzles, ran a formula she never thought she could understand, wrote more than she ever has before, and even made waffles! Her perseverance is surely the reason she came out on top. She finished first, only one minute ahead of second place team Jehospaphat. Being the kind, generous, not-greedy person she is, she has decided to give $15 of her $25 Amazon gift card to Team Jehoshaphat.
And that wraps up the Amazing Race! Thank you to everyone who participated, and to those that didn't(Looking at you, Marvin D.). I consider this event to have been a success, even with the lack of participation. It was one of the biggest undertakings ever done by any administrative team in the ToO's history, and it was pulled off, even after much difficulty.

Until Season 2*, then!

*Which probably will never happen
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Thank you Woody and KF for all the time and effort you put into this Amazing Race. I have to say that this was one of the hardest, most intense, and most frustrating events of all time. But it was a joy to race. I was very glad to have participated and was very happy to get to know the wonderful snubs a whole lot better.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations to the winner(s)! \:D/ It sounds like this was a real challenge.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Congrats Snubs. What happened to Bookworm though?
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Blitz wrote:What happened to Bookworm though?
I intentionally backed off the pace around Leg 5 as I had other things I needed to devote my attention to. Probably could have made a run at it if I had stayed on the clock, I had been doing well, but I was okay resigning to defeat as I was just playing for fun anyway, the personal challenge. I won the poll, that’s what matters!

I’m still trotting along through on an irregular pace; I’m determined to finish!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks, people. Never thought I would win.. BUT I COULDN'T HAVE DONE WITHOUT JEHOSHAPHAT. \:D/ He was a really good teammate.

Thank you, Woody (and Knight Fisher) for running and creating such a clever and challenging race. I know you put a lot of time in effort into it, and it shows!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

And I could not have done it without snubs! She was a wonderful teammate always willing to lend a hand.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Woody should just say that we TIED, Jehoshaphat! =D \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Big congrats to Woody for pulling something this big off. He put a ton of time and evil into the planning and the logistics of this.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I take credit for. .

. .whatever I might have done.

Even if it was mostly being lazy \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Gaberk
Not as new

Post by Gaberk »

Wow, good job everyone who participated in the race. Huge shout-out to Woody for pulling this out.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*two months later*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

*two more months later*
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

*seven hours later*
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*16 minutes later*

*wonders why people are posting in this thread*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

*locks the thread from spammers*