Who's Who on the ToO: Leonard Meltsner

2016 Edition: 2

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Who's Who on the ToO: Leonard Meltsner

Post by Bren »

2016 Edition: 2
Devon Fancis (Leonard Meltsner) joined The Town of Odyssey in January of 2010. Since joining, he has made 1,529 posts here. He has also become quite the fixture in the podcast community as the co-founder of The Adventures in Odyssey Oddcast. I had a chance to interview him last month so hopefully you can get to know him just a little better.

Q: How did you find The ToO?
Leonard Meltsner: I'm not entirely sure. It was probably through being friends with other ToOers on Facebook, but it's been 6 years, so it's honestly pretty hard to remember.

Q: What are you most passionate about?
Leonard Meltsner: Jesus, science, Adventures in Odyssey, Homestuck, and sleep.

Q: What talent do you have that you like the most?
Leonard Meltsner: Singing.

Q: How has Adventures in Odyssey impacted you?
Leonard Meltsner: I couldn't begin to list the ways that AIO has impacted my life, both on a general and a spiritual level. Even if I began to list them, surely I would miss things, because I often find with the Oddcast, that it's not until I review an old episode that I realize the kinds of impacts that its had on my life. AIO has probably been the biggest impact on my spiritual life of any piece of media or any person. My devotions, Bible knowledge, views on life and death and relationships and suffering and so many other things have been shaped by it. I've also learned so much random trivia and world history from the show. I couldn't overstate how it's impacted me and my relationship with God.

Q: As a Youtuber, I would assume you have a few people you like to follow, so who is your favorite YouTuber?
Leonard Meltsner: If I had to pick just one, I would have to go with Rooster Teeth, and all their children channels (Rooster Teeth, Achievement Hunter, FunHaus, The Know, Game Kids, GameFails, Slow Mo Guys, etc). I spend several hours a day keeping up with their content, so I don't know who else I could pick, really.

Q: What is the coolest place you've ever visited?
Leonard Meltsner: Probably Disneyland at Christmas time.

Q: How did The Adventures in Odyssey Oddcast get started?
Leonard Meltsner: After the Blogcast ended, which Victoria and I were often involved with, we decided to revisit the idea of making an AIO podcast. We knew that we wanted to make it distinct from the other AIO podcasts out there, so one way we decided to do that was to mix up the format. YouTube is also a nice, easy format to use.

Q: Have you made any in-person friends through The ToO?
Leonard Meltsner: I've become friends with several people on here, though I'm not sure if I first met them on Facebook or the ToO, it's often hard to recount which came first.

Q: What is your favorite memory of The ToO?
Leonard Meltsner: Probably the large trivia contest that was held several years ago. We were broken up into teams to answer a number of questions each day, and we weren't allowed to look anything up, whether by listening to episodes or on AIOWiki. I really enjoyed that (and not just because my team won).

Q: What is your favorite bible scripture and why?
Leonard Meltsner: It's Romans 8:28. I find it such a comfort to know that no matter how badly I or anyone else screws up, that God already knows how to turn it around for his Glory and his goodness. He's the ultimate spin doctor, and no mistake I make or awful world event can thwart him.

I hope you enjoyed this edition of Who's Who. Feel free to send in more questions to me via PM.

Past Who's Who feature: Belle
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I totally agree about not even being able to say all the ways AIO has made an impact! So many times the same thing has happened to me, where I'm listening to an episode and I realize just how much it's shaped my thoughts over the years....and so many times I've also gotten fresh insight from an episode I've heard tons of times before! Thanks for doing the interview with Bren, Leonard. :yes:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I finally got around to reading this. :anxious:

That was a very enjoyable interview. =) Leonard was a good choice. It was fun learning more about you. =D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

I loved this. Devin is such a loyal odyssian, he's so knowledgeable and obsessed and it was so cool hearing what high regard he holds it in.

I'm a very bad fan of the oddcast, pretty on again off again. Good stuff though and they keep getting better. More interesting things to say and some amusing jokes.