Counting to 5,000!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Counting to 5,000!

Post by Woody »

Dear people of the Town of Odyssey,

A little over four years ago, I moved into this fine little town. I was a socially awkward 13-year-old with little understanding of message boards (Heck, I didn't even find the index page for 3 days). Now, I'm a socially awkward 17-year-old with much understanding of message boards. During those four years, I've been elected to the office of Mayor three times, served as moderator twice, and made some of the best friends in the world. Seriously, y'all are the best.

ANYWHO, to get to the point. *points to his post counter*. Get it, point? :p This is my 4,900th post! \:D/ Which means that my 5,000th is only 100 posts away. Well, I noticed this and decided to mark the occasion with a little contest. So, in each of my next 100 posts, I will be posting the number of the post, a clue to one of my former posts on this message board, and a listing of the prize for finding that post (example at the end of this post). The first person to find the post I'm referring to and send me either a link to the post or a quote of it will win the amount specified in the clue post. Please also include a link to the clue post in your PM.

So, without further ado, here is the first clue! \:D/
Clue: My first post.
Prize: $1
Claimed by Jehoshaphat
I hope you will all enjoy my little contest. Good luck! \:D/
Last edited by Woody on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, time flies! Congrats on allowing the ToO to continue your social awkwardness and for your contribution to our collection celebration of such. \:D/ Fun contest. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A 'track down the post' contest with 100 entries?! This might be my favorite thing ever!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Congrats, Woody! =D>

You always come up with the most interesting and involved games. I appreciate that because I know what it takes to run an event (a good event at that), and even the most simple require time and effort.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody

Post by Woody »

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cancel this event due to lack of participation. It also created a hurdle for me to have to jump in order to post, thus driving me into inactivity. Nevertheless, I am back, and ready to finish the trek to 5,000. All clues that have already been posted are still up for grabs, should anyone be interested in making a little cash, but no further clues will be posted.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This might be my least favorite thing ever :(
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'll make you a deal: If all but 2 of the currently available clues are solved, I'll reboot the contest. ;) I may even go back and edit clues into the posts I've made since canceling the event.
Last edited by Woody on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.